Check In

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
Welcome! Please check in here and fill out the following form to indicate your continued interest in participating in the Ministry of Culture.

Level of Interest
Please rate your interest in the culture ministry from 1 ("Meh, I just like to join things") to 5 ("Wowza, I think Culture is just the greatest!"). Feel free to include an explanation, if you like.

Available Time
How much time do you estimate being able to give to this ministry's work? What other positions in TNP or other regions do you hold? Do you know of any existing time conflicts you might have?

Area of Interest
Are you most interested in holidays, events, or RP? See my Opening Statement for an explanation of what all three mean.

Show Me What You've Got
Give me an idea for the area you listed above. It doesn't have to be polished or fully developed. You don't even have to think it's a good idea. Just give me a glimpse at your creativity.
Code:
[b][u]Level of Interest[/u][/b]

[b][u]Available Time[/u][/b]

[b][u]Area of Interest[/u][/b]

[b][u]Show Me What You've Got[/u][/b]
And of course, anybody interested in serving as Deputy Culture Minister for Event Affairs ( :P ) should send me an application, as outlined in the opening statement.

Level of Interest: 5. MiniCult, as I call it, was my first ministry and will always be my only ministry. I am very committed to it. Hell, I've served as Minister once and Deputy Minister a number of times. :P

Available Time: Most afternoons. I'll let you know whenever I can't

Area of Interest: RP. I am an active RPer and during my Ministry my main focus was RP. I am here for RP and I will always be here for RP. I joined MiniCult because of RP.

Show Me What You've Got: As I said in PM with you, there should be a MiniCult Roleplay Affairs Council chaired by Goyanes and supervised by you. All the active roleplayers in MiniCult can have seats and contribute to MiniCult's RP affairs program. It would basically be a team of active RPers to assist the Deputy Minister- multiple voices, multiple ideas, vital advice. As well as this, if you look around the Culture subforum and Culture HQ, you'll find a bunch of old projects from my Ministry that never came to fruition. I'd like to encourage the Ministry to pick up on some of those and want to contribute to that process.

Level of Interest
I would probably say a 4. I am pretty interested in he culture side and, as much as most, want to see our region interact with so much more.

Available Time
I am currently Deputy Speaker in the North Pacific, so I won't be able to dedicate all of my time but I am pretty confident that I will be able to dedicate 45 minutes to 1 hour every other day to help to all ideas that the ministry have.

Area of Interest
Events

Show Me What You've Got
I big idea that I have would be a discord or forum event with the International Democratic Union, a region we have had a treaty with for quite a while. This is my main idea because in previous months they have not been hugely active by with a new delegate in Laeral, I feel that it could spark the beginning of a new chapter in a much more active relationship between our two regions.

Level of Interest: 3 - definitely willing to help out, but not my #1 priority.

Available Time: Depends, as right now I'm winding down the school year and I have a summer internship, but I don't see any huge time drains. Should be able to spend some time every day. Edit: As I'm now Minister of Foreign Affairs, that will probably reduce the amount of time I can dedicate, but I'll do what I can. :)

Area of Interest: Events. A Drop in the Ocean with TSP was pretty cool.

Show Me What You've Got: Would love to see some new forum games or maybe like a question of the day on Discord - would keep people more engaged and active in the region, I feel.

Level of Interest
4 I am pretty interested in the culture side and more importantly, interacting with more regions

Available Time
I am currently deputy minister for HA and Comms so it will take most of my time. I will be there to help out.

Area of Interest
Events

Show Me What You've Got
We have had a treaty with TEP for a while and I feel like there is little action between our two regions so because of two new delegates, I was hoping to do a discord event focusing on both our regions

Level of Interest 5

Available Time Most afternoons and weekends

Area of Interest Roleplay

Show Me What You've Got I want to second Syrixia's idea for a Culture-RP council, as well as finish the Northern Travel Magazine project.

Level of Interest
4.1998274 - I've been a Deputy Minister here several times and even took over for Syr during certain events during his term, and even asked to be MoCA (job thief >.>)

Available Time
Unfortunately not as much as I used to - I'm currently active in every Ministry, am currently the AG, and have just now been made a forum admin. That said, I always prioritize Culture when I can over other Ministries (though naturally AG and admin stuff comes first).

Area of Interest
Events, holidays, RP, in that order. Yes, I'm interested in all three, sue me.

Show Me What You've Got
I would love to see us extend our cultural reach to gameside, as well, maybe working with the MoHA and its RMB guardians. Praetor, during his tenure as RMB Guardian, did quite a lot to develop a bit of a culture gameside, with an active presence and polls happening all the time. I'd love to see what the Ministry as a whole could do.

Beyond that... Discord games would also be fun. Unsure about the specifics, but I am coding some games for Discord bots (though they would take a while to finish).

Level of Interest
3. I am enthusiastic about holiday celebrations, but I will likely be prioritizing my RA and courtly duties above this.

Available Time
Sporadic.

Area of Interest
Holidays.

Show Me What You've Got
For democracy day, I would like to print hard copies of a TNP pocket constitution and mail them to residents for free. We could fund the production and mailing costs through a kickstarter promoted to forum and discord users, then send a mass telegram on democracy day asking for nations to submit their address anonymously through a google form.

Level of Interest

Available Time

I will not be able to dedicate a lot of time to the ministry due to my position as Vice Delegate and work in other ministries, but I will be able to help out most of the time.

Area of Interest

Events. I'd definitely be up for organizing some in-game or forum games and whatever.

Show Me What You've Got

Weekly brainstorm sessions held on Discord using VC and text. All invited, all ideas discussed. No wrong answers, anything anyone wishes to suggest about anything or everything will be discussed. Ministerial creativity should be the work of many collaborators, so allowing one release of any and all ideas in one day would be useful.

Level of Interest

I'd say 3 heading towards a 4.

Available Time

I will be available but it won't be my priority because I currently am the deputy minister of HA. I will have time to join various events, help out, plan and stuff though.

Area of Interest

Events mostly, but I also am interested in the holiday stuff!

Show Me What You've Got

I do agree with Brend0g, I think discord events/activities between some regions would a great thing we could do

EDIT: After seeing ABC's post, I am also interested in helping with graphics, designs and stuff if needed.

Level of Interest 3

Available Time Some time

Area of Interest Graphics

Show Me What You've Got I want there to be something similar to HA, where Graphics Officers are given assignments every so often so we get to do things.

Level of Interest
4. It's very interesting, it has just been dead over the last term, which was my first one here.

Available Time
How much time do you estimate being able to give to this ministry's work? What other positions in TNP or other regions do you hold? Do you know of any existing time conflicts you might have?

I can give a decent amount of time in this ministry. I'm in every other ministry though.

Area of Interest
Are you most interested in holidays, events, or RP?
Roleplay

Show Me What You've Got
Give me an idea for the area you listed above. It doesn't have to be polished or fully developed. You don't even have to think it's a good idea. Just give me a glimpse at your creativity.

Not really too creative, but we could steal TSP's idea by having a region specifically for RMB roleplay. While you meant forum roleplay, we do have a lot of roleplay on our RMB, which we should definitely a chance to shine. We could also help begin non-canon roleplays, such as WW1 roleplays, and stuff like that, since that could interest some people.

Level of Interest 3.5.

Available Time I'm with the NPA but that's not that big of a time commitment, and after this next week or so I'll be pretty open.

Area of Interest Holidays or events.

Show Me What You've Got Bring back the Festival of the arts from a long time ago? It didn't have much participation then but I feel like if we advertised it better it could be a lot of fun.

Level of Interest: High

Available Time 3/4 years

Area of Interest: Deputy/Minister

Show Me What You've Got: Well I have the idea to make it so there are activities for everyone to join in on in TNP, So that the Region doesn't get boring, like regional elections, Food services, War games, ETC

Level of Interest: 2 - I generally just float around different places to get to know different areas of the region, but I am willing to contribute when I have the time or am needed.

Available Time: Not a lot this term. I haven't announced it very much, but I will be moving over the next few months. Most of the work for that is already done or isn't being shouldered by myself personally, but it will take up a chunk of my time, and selling a house tends to play havoc with my schedule. I'm also the Minister of Defence for this term, so the NPA is going to be one of the largest sinks of my efforts for the next few months.

Area of Interest: RP. Sure, I haven't done too much of it on the forums, but I am /very/ into worldbuilding and giving advice; I'm also an RP Moderator on the Discord server - whether that will translate to forumside I haven't checked on yet.

Show Me What You've Got: There's a lot we can do to get people more engaged in the RP section, and helping them to get better at national RP is a big issue as well. The idea of another RP worldbuilding convention for TNP's RP world has been floating around the mod channel for quite some time. Getting Minicult to work well with the RP Mods and RP Conclave to get something like this off the ground could be a huge plus to the RP world for the next while; might take a bit of work of MadJack's chest for a while too.

...Okay, so that's not exactly original, but I'm kind of drawing a blank at the moment. Improving the number of RPers and the quality of RP is a main goal at this point, and anything we can do to help that without stepping on the RP Mods' and Conclave's toes would be a welcome addition to both this ministry and the community.

Level of Interest: 3

Available Time: The majority of my time will be devoted to Home Affairs, but I would like to help out when I can.

Area of Interest: Events & Holidays

Show Me What You've Got: Gameside polls that are released on a regular basis may be a fun little project for the ministry.

Level of Interest 2- Life took hold over me and I'm super-busy as a result, but I can do a few things here and there

Available Time Tough to say, most late nights.

Area of Interest Events and Holidays

Show Me What You've Got I've done event stuff for other groups before. I think more than focusing externally we need to focus internally as well and ensure that there is a strong relationship between our staff so that we want to see each other succeed. I know some of the people above, but I don't know most of them and I don't know any of them too well.

Level of Interest 4

Available Time Out of 10, currently about a 7, but come late July, that should become a 9. I'm on most nights, and on frequently in the weekend.

Area of Interest Roleplay.

Show Me What You've Got Pretty much the same as Sasten. Drawing in a larger RP audience, especially through the extensive use of RMB/WFE promotion, would definitely help. To go with it, a polished "FAQ" or guide of sorts could be made to give new RPers ideas on what to do. Additionally, a possible mentoring program could also be created among experienced RPers to help guide those new to RP.

Back