-
TNP Nation
sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett
mowa_seal.png

May 2017 Opening Address

Greetings!

I'll start off by thanking our new Delegate, Pallaith, for reappointing me as Minister. I appreciate his faith and I am honored by his vote of confidence. I know how much the WA ministry means to Pallaith, being my predecessor and all, and I know I'm in for quite the challenge this term. I also wish to thank Kasch for standing at the ready as Deputy Minister in the past term, and I wish him well as he takes on probably the most difficult job in the government as Vice Delegate.

Most of the goals from last term, a greater involvement in the General Assembly, more opinions in voting threads, and engaging the gameside-only community remain goals for this term. While there were a couple attempts at getting a GA resolution on the board, a passed resolution remains elusive, but least the GA isn't talking about nukes anymore! We still need more opinions in the voting and discussion threads, and I'm looking into other solutions to help drive the conversation. We also should develop a standard approach to the Regional Message Board to bring more players to the forum, as that will help the discussion.

For more details of the three goals, Click here to review last term's opening address. For this term, however I have a fourth goal to add, because it addresses an issue that I personally need to do a better job of this term.

4. Develop the Ministry Staff
Honestly, I would even put this goal ahead of all the rest, because a strong ministry staff will create a well-oiled machine that will take care of all the other goals. I know most of you already know the routine, but to the newer staff, I know I need to engage you more. My hope is that everyone on the staff will be able to help take care of the low hanging fruit and keep the gears turning, and I will be putting together documentation of my own explaining exactly what we do and how to help accomplish it, so that every new staff member can become familiar with the ministry and contribute on day one. Do not hesitate to come to me if you aren't sure what to do. Asking questions and asking for things to do will show me your dedication and your desire to be an active contributing member of the ministry and the region in general. Whether by a pinned topic on the board, a pin on Discord to a Google Doc, or by working with you individually, I will give you the tools to help you make an even bigger impact on our ministry than ever.

It is also my hope that by the end of the term someone new, a rising star, is ready to be my replacement. I'm not saying I'm retiring at the end of the term, but while there are certainly others available who have done this job before, I want to see growth. I want to see new generations of players continuously coming in, taking up new and sometimes difficult responsibilities, and making names for themselves. I would be more than happy to step aside to make this happen. As part of this, I will be looking for new Deputy Ministers that I feel are capable of rising up to the challenge. If you think you have what it takes, please let me know.

I look forward to continuing working with all of you to support Pallaith and the new Government. I know I said this before, but I'll repeat it because it's important: If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me a PM on the forum or a DM on Discord. Let's have a great term!

-Sil

I am confident in your ability to maintain strong and guided leadership over the ministry, Sil! :D

Back