Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
del_seal.png

Opening Address May-September 2017

Hello TNP! As you all know, I’m your newly elected Delegate. I am humbled and honored to have earned your trust and faith in me and the vision I laid out in my campaign. As I have done since I first arrived in TNP 8 months ago, I will get right to work. You can rely on me to be available, curious, and responsive, both to your comments and to your questions. You have put a great team in place with Kasch and Bootsie joining me for the next 4 months. We’ll see to it that the ship of state continues to sail smoothly, and I hope we can say when we are finished that we made TNP better than it was when we got here. You deserve nothing less as members of the greatest region in NationStates.

Before us is an exciting opportunity to take TNP to new heights, and with your help I think we can get there. The theme of my campaign, and the underlying goal for every ministry this term, is leadership. The North Pacific will lead in our alliances, in innovation, in the WA. Our gameside and cultural events will set a standard, for future holiday celebrations and for subsequent joint events with our allies. In WALL and other similar agreements, TNP will make the most of our involvement by being a vocal and active participant. We will be the kind of friends who share our time and our knowledge, who cooperate defensively but also creatively.

To aid me in this effort, I have chosen the following to serve on my cabinet:
Minister of Defense: Sasten
Minister of Home Affairs: Siwale
Minister of Culture: SillyString
Minister of World Assembly Affairs: Sil Dorsett

I encourage all of you to get involved, especially those joining us for the first time. Apply for a position in the Executive Staff in the Docks and show us what you can do. This is especially important in the areas of Foreign Affairs, where we’re always interested in training and building a stronger team of diplomats to aid in our work with other regions; and Communications, where this term we will be making a push to go beyond the writing and publishing of monthly papers by capitalizing on the increased use of our Discord and the strong but short-lived run of our weekly radio program. If these areas in particular interest you, then I want to hear from you because it will take special and dedicated individuals to lead these ministries in the direction we hope to go for the next 4 months. Reach out to me in a PM or on Discord and we can discuss whether or not you are suited for the role. I will continue evaluating these applications as well as other individuals I am considering for the position. This is the very same process that allowed me to first serve as a cabinet minister, and I am keen to give new talent a chance, so don’t hold back. Please note that you do not need to have a name that starts with an S to be appointed, this was only a rather odd coincidence.

In addition, I will be reappointing Eluvatar, r3naissanc3r, Lord Ravenclaw, and Bootsie as Advisors to the Executive Council and the Delegate. I will also be appointing Plembobria to the same.

Whether you’ve been here for years or just got here, you are TNP’s future and we can have no real success without your support and your involvement. I’m eager to get started, so let’s get to it!

I'm honoured and delighted to serve as Vice Delegate under your Delegacy. Excellent cabinet choices, by the way. I will help you decide on the other ministers if necessary.

I look forward to seeing what your government accomplishes. :)

I wish you, your Ministers, and your staff well in the upcoming term. :D

I made one typo ;/

Well, at least I tried. Was great to be the Lead RMB Guardian for a great 2 weeks. However, if I'm not seen as the best at the job, then it is understandable that I am no longer serving in it. Apparently, that was the case.

Curious to see who my replacement will be, though.

This may come as a surprise to some but I am extremely disappointed to hear this.

As the first Lead RMB Guardian (as far as I can tell), I can attest to the difficulty of the position.

While I cannot imagine how it was for Mystery Player, it did not appear that he had anywhere near the level of support and resources that I did.

Personally, I think this decision is a mistake.

Unfortunate, however, I am as well curious to see who Pallaith's administration will choose as a replacement or whether they choose a different approach.

Regardless, thank you for your service Mystery Player.

Praetor:
This may come as a surprise to some but I am extremely disappointed to hear this.

As the first Lead RMB Guardian (as far as I can tell), I can attest to the difficulty of the position.

While I cannot imagine how it was for Mystery Player, it did not appear that he had anywhere near the level of support and resources that I did.

Personally, I think this decision is a mistake.

Unfortunate, however, I am as well curious to see who Pallaith's administration will choose as a replacement or whether they choose a different approach.

Regardless, thank you for your service Mystery Player.
Hijacking the Opening Address, not bad.

I may have had the support. I was told to "clarify if I was unsure." But I got fired for an opinion that I was sure was correct, which apparently wasn't (although, I DID learn that 2 weeks after the fact) so I don't know.

Either way, unless people really have a problem, I would decline being given the position.

I don't believe the job of maintaining the RMB will be a Guardian thing anyway, so I was getting fired regardless.

Your welcome!

Mystery Player was the most active RMB guardian out there and always trying to get engaged and help out with the layers there, which is why he was selected to be the Lead RMB Guardian. Unfortunately he was confronted with skeptical and often times hostile posters which gave him quite the challenge. As a government official it was incumbent on him to clearly communicate to the RMB our position on issues accurately and properly, and enforce site rules based on knowing what those rules actually were. He sometimes had trouble with this. When he says he was told to clarify if he was unsure, it meant that he was never to state a position on anything unless he knew it was our position and he cleared it with us, or to act in a way inconsistent with the site rules. This step got missed a lot, and even when he was stating a position, he sometimes needed help with how to phrase it. The reason he was dismissed was because of a misunderstanding regarding the rules for posting in English on the RMB. He cited a rule that did not exist and as proof shared an unfinished and unapproved document.

I really appreciate him stepping up the way he did and for braving what was sometimes an unfriendly place. I know his heart was always in the right place and he strove to do the best job he could. He was proud of his job and only wanted to help and avoid problems when they came up. I believe this decision will be mutually beneficial and thank him for the service he provided. I also apologize for not elaborating on this in my original post, I figured he wouldn't want to be scrutinized and have me point out all the things he did wrong to warrant this action, but I understand you guys are curious and that he wants a fair hearing of things. I hope that clears it up.

My position is only reaffirmed.

To prevent any further digression I'll refrain from anything more relevant to the issues with the RMB Guardians; I do tend to write lengthy posts.

I suppose we shall simply have to wait with the rest of the RMB to see what is implemented.

Praetor is appointed as Gameside Advocate.

I'm sure many of you are wondering what this is. The Gameside Advocate is a new position intended to succeed the former position of Lead RMB Guardian. Our Gameside Advocate will also be responsible for informing new nations about the game and the region, reporting rule breakers, keeping order on the RMB and working with any individuals whose posting is not constructive. The Gameside Advocate and those he selects to assist him in his duties will also aim to improve communication and cooperation with the RMB, particularly with gameside events of the type we plan to utilize in our upcoming interregional events. The crucial difference here between the RMB Guardians and this new role is that the Gameside Advocate will enlist the help of the most promising RMB posters, bringing in players who have yet to engage off-site but have potential and the same dedication to our region as those who have already come here and joined the executive staffs.

Praetor is one of the most well-known faces on the RMB and has experience with exactly the type of tasks we wish the Gameside Advocate to perform. As a former Lead RMB Guardian, he has essentially been in this role before, and has the skills and the motivation to bring it to life. The Ministry of Home Affairs will help set up the forum and Discord space needed for the Gameside Advocate and any staff he appoints to conduct their business and will be supervising the program to ensure it meets its targets and accomplishes its goals.

We hope this program, in conjunction with the continued efforts of HA and those who were in the RMB Guardian program in its prior form, will further improve the relationship between the RMB and the offsite community. I hope all of you also take this time to reach out to the RMB and make an effort to post and participate in another vibrant part of our TNP community.

Back