Foreign Update III

THE BRITANNIAN KINGDOM
Early May Foreign Update

General Election:
ballot_box.jpg

In April, The Britannian Kingdom held a major General Election. This was the second consecutive election in which the incumbent Prime Minister declared that he was not seeking re-election for another term to 10 Downing Street. But unlike the last election, only two candidates stepped forward - Attorney General Karl Spitzer and Member of Parliament South Boston Irishmen. However, on the final day before voting began, South Boston Irishmen withdrew his candidacy and Karl Spitzer was elected Prime Minister as the only candidate for the position. In the election for the House of Commons, four incumbent Members of Parliament (Arthur Jameson, Karl Spitzer, Lucas Mountbatten, and South Boston Irishmen) were re-elected. The House also welcomed back former MP Albert Philips. Below are the results for the election:

Prime Ministerial Election [c] Karl Spitzer
[c] Commons Election [c]
Arthur Jameson (ES) - 12 (19.0%)
Andree Wessex (Ind) - 7 (11.1%)
Karl Spitzer (Ind) - 11 (17.5%) Albert Philips (ES) - 9 (14.3%) Lucas Mountbatten (SF) - 13 (20.6%) South Boston Irishmen (SF) - 11 (17.5%)

Statement from the Prime Minister:
[img=350,100]http://i.imgur.com/1t8v7Jh.png[/img]​

Greetings from The Britannian Kingdom,

I am Karl Spitzer, Prime Minister of The Britannian Kingdom. I was elected last month on a pledge to put our region on a "New Path Forward." This includes putting us on a new path in terms of our foreign relations. During the remainder of my term, I hope to continue to expand connections between The Britannian Kingdom and our partners and allies around the world of Nationstates.

I would like that say thanks to all of you who take the time to read and care about the events back in Britannia. It is my sincere hope that our regions can continue to develop and expand our relations and promote each other's growth in every way possible.

If you have any questions regarding events discussed in this update, just want to learn more about Britannia, or want to connect with someone from our region, I would encourage you to contact your Britannian ambassador.

Best wishes,
5krfqd.png

The Right Hon. Karl Spitzer
Prime Minister of Britannia

Royal Abdication:
[img=200,100]http://media4.onsugar.com/files/2014/03/31/842/n/1922398/3b00a14700bf5c29_13843688558362.191ratio/i/age-21-Prince-Charles-posed-portrait-following-his.jpg[/img]​

Several days ago, HM Alexander IV announced his intent to abdicate as Sovereign of The Britannian Kingdom. He announced that HIBH Sebastian, Prince of Wales, was to become Sovereign as Sebastian I. The transfer of power occurred on 10 May, following eight months of HM Alexander's reign. The full statement announcing the abdication can be found below:
His Majesty's Press Office:
[img=250,250]http://pre13.deviantart.net/9993/th/pre/f/2017/026/6/3/new_coat_2_by_mmountbatten-dawuem9.png[/img]​

Dear Citizens of The Britannian Kingdom,

For almost the past 8 months, I've had the honour of serving as your Sovereign. From a region that started just with me, we have grown to include citizens from all across Nationstates.

As many of you may have noticed, my activity has decreased during the past days and weeks, real life has been taking up more of my time and as we say here in NS, real life comes first. While I would have wished to be able to serve for a while longer, I believe that I am no longer fit to serve as your Sovereign.

This reign has been filled with ups and downs but the one thing I am sure about is that with all of your help, from those who advised me to those who at times criticized the monarchy, I was able to become a stronger Monarch for our region. From those who helped set up our branches of government, to those who joined having many years of experience, thank you for coming to this region and helping it develop. I hope that you all can continue to make it even better.Near the end of the week, I will be issuing my Instrument of Abdication, after it is issued HIBH Prince Sebastian will ascend the throne as HIBM King Sebastian I. Sebastian has served as Prince of Wales since December and I believe his experience and willingness to serve will help continue the development of our region's monarchy.

Thank you all, for these great 8 months and the many more that are still to come.

~ Alexander R.I.

New Cultural Activities:
[img=320,160]http://www.pushkiting.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Kite-Surfing-BBC.png[/img]​
The past several weeks have seen a tremendous rebirth of many of the most well-liked cultural activities which The Britannian Kingdom has to offer.

The British Broadcasting Corporation, operated by HM Culture Department, has been promoting and developing several new series, and citizens have gotten involved in creating enjoyable and entertaining content as well. One of the most popular new series, Witness focuses on first-person accounts from people who have experienced firsthand some of today's most important news stories, while another, The Good News, offers light, positive stories to counter the negativity of other stories and events.

Additionally, several roleplays have been introduced or reinvigorated recently, including a new World Domination RP in which citizens have attempted to gain influence for their fictional nations through diplomacy and war. Another new cultural development has been the establishment of The Royal Zoo, where citizens may view and learn about animals from all across the world.
THANKS FOR READING THIS UPDATE!

Back