Don't vote for me

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
I came here to withdraw my candidacy for VD, but the nominations thread is closed (I thought nominations last for 7 days normally?).

Since I can't withdraw anymore, I am encouraging everyone not to vote for me. If by any chance I am elected, I will resign instantaneously.

I don't recall candidacy declarations ever lasting for 7 days... they lasted for 5 days a while back with no campaigning period, but that was changed a few months ago. Now they last for three days with four days for campaigning. (Could be that's how you got the 7 day figure.)

I have voted to abstain in the vice delegate election because, while r3n is far and away my first choice (for anything, from regional dogcatcher to Emperor of All Worlds), I am not going to cast my vote for someone who has asked that we not vote for him. I am sure r3n had very good reasons for changing his mind about running and, much as I wish it weren't so, I think we need to respect his wishes.

I also voted to reopen nominations because I think r3n's withdrawal from the race makes a significant change, and there could be people who would have run if they had known they would not be running against r3n. I know if I wanted to run for Vice Delegate, I wouldn't run against him. Given that, I do feel that reopening nominations would be the best thing.

SillyString:
I have voted to abstain in the vice delegate election because, while r3n is far and away my first choice (for anything, from regional dogcatcher to Emperor of All Worlds), I am not going to cast my vote for someone who has asked that we not vote for him. I am sure r3n had very good reasons for changing his mind about running and, much as I wish it weren't so, I think we need to respect his wishes.

I also voted to reopen nominations because I think r3n's withdrawal from the race makes a significant change, and there could be people who would have run if they had known they would not be running against r3n. I know if I wanted to run for Vice Delegate, I wouldn't run against him. Given that, I do feel that reopening nominations would be the best thing.
These are my thoughts in this.

Back