RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
It's been pointed out in the past that sometimes RP topics can have confusing or conflicting names with topics that people might be interested in reading (for example, a long time ago someone complained that a topic entitled 'Speakers Office' in the old democratic union subforum was causing issues as they kept clickin on it thinking it was the RA speakers office) and whilst it isn't much of an issue nowadays I'm always keen to avoid such issues in the future.

With that in mind, I'm wondering if it would be possible or desirable to add something like this to the forum so as to allow people to add some preset prefixes to their topics to greater distinguish them from other topics in the forums.

Advantages that I see with this:
  • Reduces possibility of confusion with other topics, thereby reducing people's wasted clicks and time
  • Can potentially lead to removing subforums for certain things, replacing them with a prefix for that kind of topic

Potential disadvantages to having this might include increased server load (I'm not a techie so I wouldn't know to what extent this would be) and I'm sure there's others I haven't thought of.

Just an idea I thought of, basically.

Confusion happens very rarely, so this might be a big solution to a small problem. But thanks for the suggestion, we will look into it.

Back