TAS March Update

.eJwFwUEOwiAQAMC_8AAWKMLamze9-gFCYENJaGlg1YPx7858xWs0sYqN-ZwrQK4z9ZHl5D5iIVl6L43iWadMfYfIHNO208ETjNd2UfaCeDUWrVMIBg1a65zzChenjfZwa61SDk96V_qEO8VMIzwyxaDleRTx-wMLhCn-.vJWllMeMd6y3munCcWyNpNylJkQ

Forums [img=40,30]http://i.imgur.com/ftcxtjN.png[/img] NationStates

The Executive[c]The Judiciary[c]The Legislative[c]
[img=100,100]http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a514/95whelan/Chancellor_zpsiqluzokm.png[/img]​
[c]
[img=100,100]http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a514/95whelan/Supreme%20Court%20_zps2tothqqh.png[/img]​
[c]
[img=100,100]http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a514/95whelan/Speaker_zpsycg0s8sw.png[/img]​
[c]Chancellor: Pepe Drakan (I-GAU)
Vice Chancellor: Kastros (OP-HBE)
State: Lewis and Daniel (OP-HBE)
Treasury: Free States (RP-HBE)
Interior: Arbor Mist (LRP-GAU)
Culture: Gregory Drakan (LRP-BUX)
Defense: J.D. Drakan (RP-BUX)
Delegate: TNR Drakan[c]
Chief Justice: JD Drakan (RP-BUX)
Associate Justice: Imperium (DSP-BUX)
Associate Justice: Arbor (LRP-GAU)​
[c]Speaker of the Senate: Kastros (OP-HBE)
Speaker pro tempore: Steven G. Eastridge (LRP-BUX)
Senator: Christopher Habszollern (LRP-GAU)
Senator: Premier Vukovic
Senator: Lewis and Daniel (OP-HBE)
Senator: CDLand (LRP-HBE)
Senator: Obito Drakan (RP-BUX)

New Chancellor

People went to the voting both just before the Midterm elections to decide if they approved or disapproved of Chancellor Regionia. The vote came out to be Yes 11 (45.8%), No 13 (54.2%). Since No won, for the first time in the region's history, it was seen that the Chancellor couldn't continue on for the rest of the term and that new chancellor elections must be held. Chancellor Regionia likely lost because of a number of scandals that went around about his office from babygate [Chancellor accused of having a child out of wedlock], shufflegate [in the end around 13 cabinet secretaries resigned], surveygate [Chancellor's girlfriend who is not a member of the forums voted], and more. Articles of impeachment were drafted and later dropped after the Chancellor both failed the Midterm approval poll and dropped out of running for Chancellor. They were dropped in favor of a censure.

With elections for Chancellor now upon us, Regionia decided to run, as did Brick Drakan, and Pepe Drakan. However early into the campaign Brick dropped out of the election, and then a bit later Regionia dropped out. In their stead Lewis and Daniel aka Leodore Lionheart decided to run, he was originally rumored to have run before campaigning started but "Dropped out" before it officially did. Pepe had CD has his running mate, and Lewis and Daniel Kastros. Both CD and Kastros are former Chancellors of the highest degree.

The Election was tight and huge. The region hasn't seen such an election in perhaps years. In the end the vote stood Lewis and Daniel (OP-HBE) 16 (44.4%), Pepe Drakan (LRP-GAU) 20 (55.6%). It was a close election that was neck and neck for most of it. However in the end Pepe returned to the high office for the third time.

Senate Elections

There were three seats up for the senate in these midterm elections. The race was very competitive and interesting, going back and forth several times. However here are the results

Steven G. Eastridge 16 (21.9%)
Regionia Wargrave 11 (15.1%)
Obito Drakan 14 (19.2%)
Hunteiria 7 (9.6%)
Kastros 15 (20.5%)
Premier Vukovic 10 (13.7%)

Steven G. Estridge, Obito Drakan, and Kastros all won seats in the senate. Kastros was later elected as Speaker of the Senate.

As Pepe was a senator it was thought that he would be picking his own replacement, however due to a clerical error he was unable to and instead a special senate election was called to fill the vacancy. Here are the results as of this issue.

Premier Vukovic 15 (78.9%)
Regionia Wargrave 4 (21.1%)

Premier Vukovic will win the special election. She originally was running for re-election in the midterm senate election, but lost out slightly. However she has gained re-entry into the senate beating former Chancellor Regionia in a big unlikely event.

State Reports

Holy Britannian Empire
A new emperor has been chosen, Mytzonia Drakan has taken power with a promise to Make the Empire Great Again! #MEGA, an updated constitution is already being drafted with the Monarch gaining new powers and overall simplification of government. At same time, the political scene also seems to be promising with a looming dispute for power between the right-wing Imperial Party and the new left-wing party, the United Left.

Overall, the future looks bright for the Empire with renewed leadership and a competitive political structure. Ultimately a great deal will be determined by whether the right or left will triumph and what they will do with the authority given to them.

Great American Union
GAU has elected a new President in Arbor G. Mists and already activity seems to be flood back into the state. He lifted the state of emergency, proposed dual citizenship, and has gotten the state active and moving again after months of sluggish activity. Things are looking up for the state and activity is on a rise.

Buxton
A New Governor is in town, and his name is Brick Cash and he's looking to improve the state. The State voted to repeal all of it's passed legislation and start over from scratch. After that a new constitution was voted into place and things have been moving again. With this fresh start that will hopefully work out for the state. However things are up and active.

Overall
Overall state activity is up and the states are working pretty well. They're returning to life and will hopefully keep on doing it!

Closing Remarks

This ends our foreign update! Thanks for reading We'll leave you with the quote of the issue and then some quotes from some of our citizens! Then our anime recommendation of the update! Thanks for reading!

Quote of the Update:
“Sharing tea with fascinating strangers is one of life’s true delights.” – Iroh

Quotes from our Citizens:
"Thank you for reading this! I wouldn't have." - Delegate TNR Drakan

"We're kind of a big deal" - Senator Steven G. Eastridge

"I have six locks on my door, all in a row. Whenever I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three." - Senator Obito Drakan

"That's not how locks work. They only unlock in one direction. As someone who can pick locks, I can tell you that the lock picker can feel the difference between an unlocked and a locked lock." - Speaker Kastros

"@(((CactusCam))) will always be Miss TAS" - Speaker Kastros

"I think something is wrong over at Sky...." - Press Secretary Brick Cash

Anime Recommendation of the Update
28859.jpg

Natsume Yuujinchou

THANKS FOR READING!!!

Back