Inquiry to whoever runs our elections in this place

Mall

TNPer
When you illegally opened voting and then illegally closed the voting period did you message all the users on the forum who are eligible voters telling them that you had done so? This is a rhetorical question, I know you didn't since I didn't get a message. Follow up question, not rhetorical this time: why did you think that it maybe wouldn't be necessary to tell people that their votes probably aren't going to count?

Full disclosure: I see a 95% chance of me running to the Court on this if your answer isn't awesome.

Voting was opened without a campaigning period being held. This (as far as I can tell) erroneous timetable was announced at the beginning of the election.

When I discovered the mistake, the voting thread was closed. I decided that it was better to close the voting thread, given the very high likelihood that the vote will have to be voided.

While it may have been ideal to inform all eligible voters, as they had already received voting instructions via PM, it was not practicable to do so in the circumstances.

When Tomb comes back online, I will discuss the matter with him and decide on how we proceed.

EDIT: You are welcome to go to the Court to seek legal guidance, and of course you can exercise your right to do so. I would recommend waiting for the EC's response to this matter first.

Hi Mall,

The mess up was my fault. I apologize, I don't know what I was thinking when I started the voting thread. To remedy the situation, the whole citizenry will be contacted and informed of the error, and in the new PM, we will include the right date and time that the election will take place in. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and the other candidates, and I thank you for bearing with me.

~ Tomb

P.S. To all who are viewing this, voting occurs after 4 days of campaigning. The candidacy declarations period ended on March 4th, so voting will be on March 8th.

P.S.S. I apologize for the time it took for the ECs to respond. I was in the hospital all day unexpectedly, and my day has been downhill from there. Anyways, thank you for your patience.

Tomb:
Hi Mall,

The mess up was my fault. I apologize, I don't know what I was thinking when I started the voting thread. To remedy the situation, the whole citizenry will be contacted and informed of the error, and in the new PM, we will include the right date and time that the election will take place in. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and the other candidates, and I thank you for bearing with me.

~ Tomb

P.S. To all who are viewing this, voting occurs after 4 days of campaigning. The candidacy declarations period ended on March 4th, so voting will be on March 8th.

P.S.S. I apologize for the time it took for the ECs to respond. I was in the hospital all day unexpectedly, and my day has been downhill from there. Anyways, thank you for your patience.
Ignoring some confusion on my part, it doesn't seem that any real harm has been done. I don't know that anything criminal has happened here, and since even if criminal activity had occurred the Court would not successfully see a trial to fruition, I'm willing to let it pass.

Mall:
Tomb:
Hi Mall,

~ Tomb

Ignoring some confusion on my part, it doesn't seem that any real harm has been done. I don't know that anything criminal has happened here, and since even if criminal activity had occurred the Court would not successfully see a trial to fruition, I'm willing to let it pass.
I agree. It never happened. :yes:

Back