Barbarossistan for Justice

I find the court an interesting aspect of The North Pacific and would like to be more active in it, so I am running for Justice this election.

I have been a temporary hearing officer for the court and as such helped write the decision on AG involvement in decisions to withhold evidence or redact evidence.

I think I can contribute to an effective court that can make well-reasoned decisions and ask for your vote to make it happen.

If you have a question or remark please post below.

Some would say that your statement in my campaign thread claiming that the fact that I would be a bad candidate since I refused to answer a question (thereby implicitly endorsing my platform which you apparently did not find problematic) shows that you have plotted behind the scenes with me to help me carry out my platform should I win. How would you respond?

Thank you or your questions and remarks.

I shall answer you in order.

Abc,

I do not think the court requires significant change at te moment so would not seek any. The court's job is to resolve cases brought before it and arrive at well-resoned decisions. I think the court is currently quite able to do so assuming able Justices are available, and I think that will be the case.

Crushing our Enemies,

Thank you. I hope I will have the opportunity to work with you on another case.

Mall,

If you think I endorsed your platform, implicit or otherwise, you are either delusional, in urgent need of remedial classes in reading comprehension or both. Rest assured that if I were to plot with anyone I would seek more stable co-conspirators. I have no intention of assisting you in carrying out your platform as might also be clear from the fact that I do not run on that platform myself.

Barbarossistan:
Mall,

If you think I endorsed your platform, implicit or otherwise, you are either delusional, in urgent need of remedial classes in reading comprehension or both. Rest assured that if I were to plot with anyone I would seek more stable co-conspirators. I have no intention of assisting you in carrying out your platform as might also be clear from the fact that I do not run on that platform myself.
Some would say that trying to belittle one of the most beloved players in the region (me) is an incredibly poor tactic as a part of your overall campaign to get elected, and that it is indicative of you fundamentally misconstruing the role that I play in TNP which is well understood by those who care about the region and have been here for a bit. How would you respond?

In a well intentioned effort to provide some entertainment value to the citizens of the region you ask questions overtly hostile and deliberately full of misconstructions of another's position. You are answered in the same vein. This should provide at least some citizens with some amusement and while it cannot be a primary objective of a Justice to be entertaining I expect that being so at least a little will modestly help my election chances.

Barbarossistan:
In a well intentioned effort to provide some entertainment value to the citizens of the region you ask questions overtly hostile and deliberately full of misconstructions of another's position. You are answered in the same vein. This should provide at least some citizens with some amusement and while it cannot be a primary objective of a Justice to be entertaining I expect that being so at least a little will modestly help my election chances.
Indeed it seems that you have fundamentally misconstrued my purpose here. That is disappointing though perhaps not surprising in the end. Allow me to give you a glimpse into the inner machinations of my mind: how people respond to my questioning tells everyone a lot about that person. This information is valuable since we're looking to elect people to office here and run the largest region in the game. Additionally while I have little doubt that my questioning period is generally well received by TNP citizens, I don't believe they will have found your response to be amusing since it states that I am delusional and unstable. Such OOC attacks are not exactly the type of discourse a region of this stature strives for.

As a Justice would you continue your strategy of attacking political opponents in an OOC fashion?

Everything I said is entirely directed at your IC persona and should be understood that way. I do not think is is particularly susceptible to be taken as OOC, why you immediately choose that interpretationa anyway I leave to you.

A strategy that has not been started cannot be continued.

Barbarossistan:
Everything I said is entirely directed at your IC persona and should be understood that way. I do not think is is particularly susceptible to be taken as OOC, why you immediately choose that interpretationa anyway I leave to you.

A strategy that has not been started cannot be continued.
I am confused then by what you find about my IC persona to be unstable. Do you mean to say that I have a destabilizing influence on regions? Or do you mean to say that my positions swing back and forth wildly? I ask because I believe it is important to understand the thought process behind a candidate for Justice's thinking.

Barbarossistan, I am very glad to see you running! Best of luck - you have my full support.

Of existing court rulings, which of them do you most disagree with and why?

@Mall, you are a shark out of water in a suit, I am not your psychologist but to my layman's eye it seems clear you have serious issues.

@Sillystring,

Thank you for the support!

The first one I think of is the ruling (12th february 2013) that establishes that the AG must prosecute any and all criminal complaints. I think this is too restrictive and should be replaced by prosecutorial discretion subject to review by the court. All legal systems I have some knowledge of allow prosecutorial discretion and I think it is an important mechanism to avoid frivolous cases as well as cases where prosecution is not opportune as it is quite clear that punishment is not appropriate.

Back