Bolivar 24/Bolivar State News

Alexey

TNPer
Good afternoon and welcome to Cojedes 24/Cojedes State News, the 24 hour news program from the Republic of Cojedes. My name is Alejandra Dominga and here is the news from the Republic of Bolivar.

Our top story this afternoon, tornadoes have touched down in the states of Cojedes and Lara, which are in the north of the country. This region, which is known for having some of the worst tornadoes in the country, has been hit hard for the past few years. A total of 200 tornadoes have happened in Cojedes alone in the past 3 years. So far, we have no reports of any deaths from the tornadoes today, but we do know that many houses have been destroyed, power lines are down, and phone lines have also been knocked out. In Cojedes, the storm has reached the capital of the City of Cojedes. All we know from there is that a storm has knocked down power lines and over 75% of the city is having a blackout. Tornado watches and warnings are in effect for most of the rest of the country, including the capital district. The Governments of Cojedes and Lara have both issued State of Emergencies. We will keep you informed when we gain information.

President Manuel Estafan is expected to address the National Assembly tonight. He is going to speak on many issues including the recent drought in the Eastern states, the tornadoes and their damage to the Southern states, the upcoming election, the growing economy, and the need for more funds for education. This will be the President's 5th State of the Republic address to a joint session of the National Assembly, following his first after his election. We talked to President just a few days ago and he told us, "This address will most likely be the final one I give before the National Assembly as President. It is my sincere hope that when I speak before the National Assembly that they realize where I am coming from and that I truly do want to help the people of Cojedes, especially those in the effected areas of Eastern and Southern Cojedes. They are elected to represent these people and yet they do nothing for them. Hopefully, whoever our next President is, will be able to reign them in and give our people the leadership they truly deserve." The Address will take place at 8pm Caracas time.

Cojedes will hold an election tomorrow to elect a new mayor and city council following the death of Mayor José Sanoja, who was mayor of Cojedes for nearly 25 years. He died of cancer over a month ago and now the time has come for the election to take place. Most of the candidates are coming from the Conservative Party, the Cojedes Justice Party, and the Christian Democracy Party. The people will elect the mayor and 15 city council members. It is expected that over 1,000,000 people of the nearly 3,500,000 people living in Cojedes, the nations 2nd largest city, will vote. While this election is going on, the city of Amazonas, the city of Cojedes, and the City of San Carlos will also hold municipal elections, while Lara and Delta Amacuro will hold state legislature elections, while their governor election will be held in April.

That is all we have for now. Thank you for joining us here at Cojedes 24/Cojedes State News. We will bring you all the updates on the storms and other events taking place in Cojedes. Have a great day!!

(OOC: Cojedes is my new country on the map, so this is the new news thread for it.)

Back