[Complete]Condemn The Black Hawks (again)

Voting is not conditional. Until or unless r3n changes his vote, it ought to be counted as it was cast.

Guy:
KohGeek:
I vote for. Uncivilised acts of raiding and attempts to incite trouble should be stopped.
Only problem with this logic is that TBH wants this badge.
So, in your view, the condemn badge should only be applied to those who repent? That doesn't seem a bit backwards?

Crushing Our Enemies:
Voting is not conditional. Until or unless r3n changes his vote, it ought to be counted as it was cast.

Guy:
KohGeek:
I vote for. Uncivilised acts of raiding and attempts to incite trouble should be stopped.
Only problem with this logic is that TBH wants this badge.
So, in your view, the condemn badge should only be applied to those who repent? That doesn't seem a bit backwards?
That may be the interpretation the Delegate chooses to make. It also might not be. In general I don't see the issue with conditional votes being cast, but I suspect that would lead us down a rather long and largely irrelevant rabbit hole, so I might leave it there. :P

I'm generally uncomfortable with "badge of honour" (or 'congratulatory') condemnations for gameplay actions. I feel like they are too easily conflated with 'serious' condemnations by the broader NS community. TBH is no Macedon or NE, and should not be viewed in the same way.

Putting that aside, I don't think that TBH deserves to be given a badge of honour, primarily given their recent excursion into Lazarus.

Guy:
Mall:
Thanks to those saying my vote doesn't count, I love it when people try to disenfranchise eligible voters for petty political reasons. Besides "waaaah raiders" there are no arguments against the actual content.
Anyone whose WA isn't in the region (for the entire duration of the vote) doesn't have their vote count. Whether they're Fenda Scum Guy or Biased Raider Mod Mall.

Here's my argument against it: TBH just embarked on an aggressive deployment against Lazarus, overthrowing its elected Delegate. We shouldn't reward that with a badge of honour.

I am sure you disagree. :P
I do disagree with both of your points, the first because my WA has been on this nation the whole time and hasn't moved from this region, and the second because what happened in Lazarus was a completely harmless prank. The badge of honor argument ensures that no condemnation should ever be passed, so congratulations on invalidating a third of the SC.

Sil Dorsett:
Alright, well... I'm taking the technical standpoint of that it's unnecessary to condemn a nation or region that has already been condemned. I don't think SC resolutions should be used to document additional acts of savagery. If somehow TBH were to redeem themselves, that would require two repeal recommendations, which would clog up the SC until it is done. Nations keeping track of this kind of stuff should do so privately, and vote appropriately.

My offical vote is: Against.
At least some people in here have the guts to come out and say "ewwww raiders", whereas you're making perhaps the most convoluted technical argument possible. You're voting against based on the thought that TBH might on day become an upstanding region which is angelic and helps people? Wow.

Mall:
At least some people in here have the guts to come out and say "ewwww raiders", whereas you're making perhaps the most convoluted technical argument possible. You're voting against based on the thought that TBH might on day become an upstanding region which is angelic and helps people? Wow.
Guess that's what I get for typing while tired. Alright, let me put it this way without picking up a forum penalty. The Black Hawks are jerks. Plain and simple. It's already been documented. They live for this kind of crap. Everything in that 2nd condemnation is just par for the course for them, and bothering to condemn them again is just a waste of time.

Also, missing r3n's vote was my error. Here's the updated table. Ping me on Discord if I missed something.

11-6 For (1 Present)

TNP Nation [c] Vote
[c]Plembobria:[c]Against
[c]Dem. Rep. of Tomb:[c]Against
[c]Mallorea and Riva:[c]For
[c]Guy III:[c]Invalid (Guy III not WA)
[c]Kyrkberg (aka Cerian Quilor):[c]Invalid (Kyrkberg not WA)
[c]ABC:[c]For
[c]Siwale:[c]Against
[c]Lord Ravenclaw:[c]Invalid (Lord Ravenclaw not in WA at start of vote)
[c]Gladio II:[c]For (NPA)
[c]General COE:[c]Invalid (General COE not in WA at start of vote)
[c]SillyString:[c]For
[c]HMS Unicorn:[c]For
[c]Eyes that do not Lie:[c]For
[c]Lands of Anarchy:[c]For
[c]N. Flemingovia:[c]Against
[c]Barbarossistan:[c]For
[c]Great Bights Mum:[c]Against
[c]Sil Dorsett:[c]Present
[c]Scallendovia:[c]Against
[c]Syrixia:[c]For
[c]Buckerino:[c]For
[c]BouncyAbbeyKitty:[c]For

Sil Dorsett:
Mall:
Guess that's what I get for typing while tired. Alright, let me put it this way without picking up a forum penalty. The Black Hawks are jerks. Plain and simple. It's already been documented. They live for this kind of crap. Everything in that 2nd condemnation is just par for the course for them, and bothering to condemn them again is just a waste of time.
That's not a case of you typing while tired and making a typo, that's a case of you initially not being willing to admit that you voted against because "ewwww raiders". Don't pretend it's a waste of time either, there is only crap behind this in the queue anyways.

Sil Dorsett:
As of (time=1488087694):

7-6 For

TNP Nation [c] Vote
[c]Plembobria:[c]Against
[c]Dem. Rep. of Tomb:[c]Against
[c]Mallorea and Riva:[c]For
[c]Guy III:[c]Invalid (Guy III not WA)
[c]Kyrkberg (aka Cerian Quilor):[c]Invalid (Kyrkberg not WA)
[c]ABC:[c]For
[c]Siwale:[c]Against
[c]Lord Ravenclaw:[c]Invalid (Lord Ravenclaw not WA)
[c]Gladio II:[c]For (NPA)
[c]General COE:[c]Invalid (General COE not in WA at start of vote)
[c]SillyString:[c]For
[c]HMS Unicorn:[c]For
[c]Eyes that do not Lie:[c]For
[c]Lands of Anarchy:[c]Against
[c]N. Flemingovia:[c]Against
[c]Barbarossistan:[c]For
[c]Great Bights Mum:[c]Against
Lord Ravenclaw is in the WA.

World Assembly voting policy:
3) Eligible to submit votes in a forum thread are all persons that: have a World Assembly nation either residing in The North Pacific, or deployed in an official mission of the North Pacific Army; and satisfy this condition for the entire time the forum thread is open. ...
Raven joined the WA after the start of the vote.
[Link to Rules]

I missed the rule about needing a WA nation in TNP for it to count. Didn't know it was a thing. I won't be able to be in the habit of keeping my WA nation here, so I'll bear that in mind for the future.

Cerian Quilor:
I missed the rule about needing a WA nation in TNP for it to count. Didn't know it was a thing. I won't be able to be in the habit of keeping my WA nation here, so I'll bear that in mind for the future.
You are still welcome to participate in the discussion and give your opinion. The rule only impacts the official tally that determines the delegate's vote.

4) Eligible to take part in the discussion in a forum thread are all persons that have forum permissions to post within the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs.

Sil Dorsett:
World Assembly voting policy:
3) Eligible to submit votes in a forum thread are all persons that: have a World Assembly nation either residing in The North Pacific, or deployed in an official mission of the North Pacific Army; and satisfy this condition for the entire time the forum thread is open. ...
Raven joined the WA after the start of the vote.
[Link to Rules]
Ah! Thanks for clarifying that.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back