Ramblings 2.0: The Chronicles of Sasten

Sasten

Mad Computer
TNP Nation
Sasten
Discord
Sasten#9001
Yes, I know I already have a Ramblings thread. That one's in the lounge though, and I thought it best if that one was used for text blocks about RP in general, whereas this one is specifically and only about my nation, Sasten, since I've written a lot about Sasten in Discord chats despite that being a terrible place to put it.

So here it is, my pseudo-factbook-replacement until I decide to stop being too lazy to make an actual factbook.

Basic paragraph about the Sastennic climate. At some point I'll probably tack a Köppen climate map onto this.

The north of the country is dry-ish grassland and forest; as you move south, it turns into mediterranean scrubland and savannah, and there a couple of large deserts in the south cut through by the occasional massive river and fertile valley. Beaches are extensive, although there are some rocky cliffs; these coastal areas tend to be slightly wetter than the inland areas but not by much. The islands in the strait between southwest Sasten and Domesua are mostly dry forest and grassland as compared to the deserts by the shore. The western coast of Sasten however is actually very wet, essentially a small tropical forest. This area is separated from the rest of Sasten by a northeast-southwest range of massive mountains; some peaks are higher than 8000m. Between the mountains, there are high-altitude plateaus and valleys, ranging from temperate to boreal depending on height. As you go east, the mountain range gradually descends into an area of hilly highlands before finally giving way to the flat deserts and grassland.

Back