-
Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
ACzMd9W.png
I heard the calls from the old thread, dying gasps for a new life. Final calls from the ashes of the old writers club, and here it is. The new, reformed North Pacific University Writing Group! As leader of the group, expect new writing tasks and ideas for all of you budding enthusiasts out there. This is a place for you to comfortably share your passion for writing and creating. I heavily encourage involvement, as not only does writing directly affect everything you do in this region, but it also gives some of the less involved members a place to relax and write freely. Here at TNPUWG, there is absolutely no steering on subject matter - you write what you want to write. You imagine what you want to imagine and you create what you enjoy creating.

In the coming days and weeks, I will be releasing many different task types. I will vary them based on content guides, word lengths and idea. It is up to you whether you participate in the challenges that I set, so you can just submit or post any piece of writing you have done. The challenges are simply for those who may need assistance inspiring. The writing group will also be using the Writing Ranks and Points System devised by me for ranking. All writers will begin as Neophytes, unless they have acquired a higher level elsewhere.

Below is a very simple form for you to fill out if you wish to participate in the writing group, it'll take you less than 30 seconds to fill out.

Code:
[b]Name[/b]: 

[b]How often do you write?:[/b] (This means writing overall, fiction, non-fiction - everything.)

[i]By posting this, I acknowledge that I wish to be informed on new writing challenges and tasks created as part of TNPU Writing Group.[/i]
[c] Date Joined [c] Rank [c] Kasch [c] 3rd of February, 2017 [c] Leader [c] Darcania [c] 3rd of February, 2017 [c] Neophyte [c] Syrixia [c] 3rd of February, 2017 [c] Neophyte [c] Tomb [c] 3rd of February, 2017 [c] Novice [c] Cerian Quilor [c] 4th of February, 2017 [c] Novice [c] FrozenTopHat [c] 4th of February, 2017 [c] Neophyte [c] Ornge [c] 9th of February, 2017 [c] Neophyte [c] Yrkidding [c] 11th of February, 2017 [c] Neophyte [c] Owenstacey [c] 11th of February, 2017 [c] Neophyte [c] Nebula [c] 12th of February, 2017 [c] Neophyte [c] Hiskjriaana [c] 14th of February, 2017 [c] Neophyte
Title [c] Description [c] Requirements [c] Status [c] Describing A Species [c] Describe the history/appearance/location of a species found in your nation. So basically, invent an animal and describe how it came to be in your nation. Whether it's a land mammal, or a soaring high bird, it is up to you. [c] There is no maximum on words, but there is a minimum of 150 words. [c] Closed [c] Most Wanted [c] Write about the most wanted people/person in your country; are they a rich, infamous druglord with no remorse, or perhaps a convicted serial killer escaped and on the run? It's all your choice. This should be quite a fun assignment to work on. [c] No maximum, but a minimum of 150 words. [c] Open [c] The History of your Flag [c] Tell the story behind your nation's flag, how it became what it is, what it means and where it came from. You can even tell us if you designed it yourself, and how you designed it if you want. [c] Once again, no maximum, but a mininum of 200 words this time. [c] Open

Graphics made with: https://logomakr.com/

Name: [me]

How often do you write?: A lot; mostly character RPs.

By posting this, I acknowledge that I wish to be informed on new writing challenges and tasks created as part of TNPU Writing Group.

Darcania:
Name: [class=attorney_general]Darcania[/class]

How often do you write?: A lot; mostly character RPs.

By posting this, I acknowledge that I wish to be informed on new writing challenges and tasks created as part of TNPU Writing Group.
Accepted, welcome to the group Darcania!

Since you post more Character RPs, I may consider posting some tasks of that nature. If you have any particular interests in writing something, please tell me and I will assign you something individually.

How often do you write?: Whenever I feel like it. Usually it's about my nation's background and lore.

Syrixia:
Name: [class=cabinet]Syrixia[/class]

How often do you write?: Whenever I feel like it. Usually it's about my nation's background and lore.

Accepted, welcome to the group Syrixia!

As you are more adept to writing nation lore, we could setup some tasks where you describe a certain event in your nations history, or something similar. I look forward to seeing what you produce!

Name: Tomb

How often do you write?: I used to write a lot on many different topics (spanning from nonfiction to science fiction), but my writing frequency decreased once I started playing NS. Anyways, I should be able to share something every few weeks.

Tomb:
Name: Tomb

How often do you write?: I used to write a lot on many different topics (spanning from nonfiction to science fiction), but my writing frequency decreased once I started playing NS. Anyways, I should be able to share something every few weeks.

Accepted, welcome to the group Tomb!

As you are a more general writer, we may assign more 'free topic' tasks for you, so you can choose what you wish to write on for the assignments.

Name: Cerian Quilor

How often do you write?: Less often than I'd like, but I do write

Name: FrozenTopHat

How often do you write?: Not much at all, but I was mostly just wondering if my ANU would be a veritable contribution to this group.

Cerian Quilor:
Name: Cerian Quilor

How often do you write?: Less often than I'd like, but I do write

Name: FrozenTopHat

How often do you write?: Not much at all, but I was mostly just wondering if my ANU would be a veritable contribution to this group.

Both accepted, welcome to the group!

The Shadow Asp, by Cerian Quilor:

The Shadow Asp is not named for, as an outsider may expect, being completely black scaled. One might imagine that given the Koussathian Empire's motif of the color black being virtually everywhere, that an animal held in such high religious regard would be black. But no. As any member of the Shadowguard (the Koussathian Secret Police) could tell you - not that they actually would - you don't blend in with shadows by wearing all black. All black blocks out the stars behind you, and indeed, looks darker than the shadows. All black only really works in a rare handful of circumstances.

The Shadow Asp is named for how well it blends into shadows – that middle zone between pitch darkness and light. Their scales are a mottled mix of dark green, dark grey, and yes, black. This combination of colors allows them to blend in with the underbrush foliage of their native home in the jungles of the southern portions of Koussath, in the provinces of Uran and Patris.

The Shadow Asp's venom is highly specialized to hunt the specific small mammalian creatures of those jungles, and is not remotely lethal to humans - at least, not in any doses that could be gathered in nature. But it can, when mixed with certain herbs, induce a hallucinogenic state that is held sacred in the worship of Ileania, one of two deities it is legal to worship in Koussath (the other is her son Reian - worship of Ileania's other 'children' is especially outlawed). Priestesses of Ileania, even in this modern day, use the herb-mixed venom, with venom milked from pet Shadow Asps, to engage in semi-prophetic communion with Ileania. The Pontifissa, the hereditary leader of Ileania's church, has hundreds of pet Shadow Asps, and they can often be seen roaming around the shrines and temples of Ilter, the holy seat of the Pontifissa - harming one of those Shadow Asps is a crime against the Faith, albeit one that carries a small penalty except for flagrant or repeat offense.

The Shadow Asp is a careful, slow, deliberate hunter, and they make no warning at their approach. They can grow to up to five feet long, and live for nearly a decade, but they rarely reach that length or age.
Two days left for this assignment. If you have completed one, please send me a PM.

How often do you write?: When the mood hits, once or twice a month.

"This is a place for you to comfortably share your passion for writing and creating. I heavily encourage involvement, as not only does writing directly affect everything you do in this region, but it also gives some of the less involved members a place to relax and write freely. Here at TNPUWG, there is absolutely no steering on subject matter - you write what you want to write."

The last writing group was a place where people who liked to write could share their writings and come together to discuss with other writers. Tasks? ASSIGNMENTS? This is not school. This group is not a job. In this group, I will not be made to write things if I don't feel like writing them. If people do not write for these "assignments", could they be removed from the group?

Syrixia:
"This is a place for you to comfortably share your passion for writing and creating. I heavily encourage involvement, as not only does writing directly affect everything you do in this region, but it also gives some of the less involved members a place to relax and write freely. Here at TNPUWG, there is absolutely no steering on subject matter - you write what you want to write."

The last writing group was a place where people who liked to write could share their writings and come together to discuss with other writers. Tasks? ASSIGNMENTS? This is not school. This group is not a job. In this group, I will not be made to write things if I don't feel like writing them. If people do not write for these "assignments", could they be removed from the group?
I never said this was a job, and I never wanted to imply that completing the assignments was mandatory in any way. I simply stated that the assignment ended in two days. If you want to write something, then write something. I'm not going to kick you out if you don't complete the assignments. It's free choice, if you want to write something, then all you have to do is post it. The assignments, as I have stated in the opening post, are simply guiders for people who may be uninspired.

'It is up to you whether you participate in the challenges that I set, so you can just submit or post any piece of writing you have done. The challenges are simply for those who may need assistance inspiring.'

Ornge:
Name: [class=deputy_speaker]Ornge[/class]

How often do you write?: When the mood hits, once or twice a month.

Accepted.

Kasch:
Syrixia:

I never said this was a job, and I never wanted to imply that completing the assignments was mandatory in any way. I simply stated that the assignment ended in two days. If you want to write something, then write something. I'm not going to kick you out if you don't complete the assignments. It's free choice, if you want to write something, then all you have to do is post it. The assignments, as I have stated in the opening post, are simply guiders for people who may be uninspired.

'It is up to you whether you participate in the challenges that I set, so you can just submit or post any piece of writing you have done. The challenges are simply for those who may need assistance inspiring.'
Thank you for clarifying.

Name: Yrkidding

How often do you write?: On occasion and mostly on the TNP roleplay section or in a motivated-by-boredom extensive response to a spam thread :P I would like to contribute a response to the prompts here and there.

Name: Owenstacey

How often do you write?: whenever I have some free time and have some inspiration to write something, so usually once or twice a week

Owenstacey and Yrkidding both accepted.

As a reminder, the assignment 'Describing a Species' will be closing later today. Two new assignments have been posted.

WRITTEN BY CERIAN QUILOR

Assignment 2 - Dariel Quilor, wanted for Treason, Election Fraud, Murder, Conspiracy, Bribery, Smuggling

The name Cerian Quilor and the Quilor Family were created for the country Kyrkberg well before I joined NS Gameplay or went by the name Cerian Quilor in NS

Dariel Quilor was the head of House Quilor, one of the four 'Old Families' of the Kyrkbergian Confederation - the Old Families were granted special privelages in the Confederation Constitition, including each one being allowed one permenant seat in the Senate. House Quilor descends from Randelph Kyrk, founder of the City of Kyrkberg. Dariel was an ambitious man who saw the cracks starting to form in the Confederation's government as the strain of managing disprate and sometimes unruly colonies like Ruras and Salina started to press on the government, as corruption set into the government well beyond acceptable levels and as the power of the wealthy elite threatened the stability of the whole nation.

However, rather than seek to reform or correct these problems, Dariel sought to make them worse, deliberately widening the cracks in the hopes of bringing the whole system crashing down, and then he could install himself as dictator upon the ashes, rebuilding the Confederation to his vision. To that end, he made careful alliances (almost always lying about his specific long-term plans) with various politicians, business interests and even a few rabble-rousers and began a decade and a half long campaign to bring down the government. His efforts included a failed attempt to start a rebellion in Ruras (which his allies could get credit for putting down) and provoking an early war with the Allied Cities of Nivian, Kyrkberg's main trade rival, as an excuse to purge the Navy and Army of those disloyal to him and his allies. While he was not universally successful, he was able to accomplish quite a few things along the way, including the decimation and devastation of the Internal Auditors, a quasi-religious independent arm of the Confederation dedicated to preserving Constitional Rule at all costs.

However, as he neared success, his illegitimate half-brother, Cerian Quilor, a popular politician representing many of Kyrkberg the City's poorer citizens, began to unravel Dariel's conspiracy. But it was only with the help of other key allies in the Senate and the Ministries and Raltor Kopax, the Admiral of the Home Fleet that Dariel's coup failed - specifically, when Admiral Kopax ordered his Marines to fire upon Confederation Army soldiers before they could suppress rioters protesting Dariel's suspected fradulent election to the office of Chancellor. Things quickly fell apart from there and several of Dariel's allies defected to save themselves from the angry mob. Dariel escaped a confrontation with his brother, Admiral Kopax and another Senator, Alexiana Caeron by means of a hired mage's help to escape, but not before losing his left hand to Kopax's saber.

The last confirmed sighting of Dariel was aboard a trading ship that bore the flag of the Grand Duchy of Vetero as it sailed out of the port of the city of Malgoan, though Vetero insists that the ship, the Aralgava is not and never has been a registered merchant vessel of Vetero or any Vetero-based Trading Company. Unconfirmed rumors have placed him at the court of the Koussathian Emperor on the Lyrithan Mainland, in the Dark Elf nation of Ahstiru on the continent of Orback or even one of the many ruins that dot the Manzerian Jungles on the continent of Aniora. A reward for him, dead or alive, has been posted by the Ministry of Justice for the last five years since order was restored in Kyrkberg the City, and it raises every year. Currently it stands at 760,000 Gold Orbs, enough money to buy a mediumish sized island, if one was so inclined.

Name: NEBULA

How often do you write?: not really at all these days ;-;

Name: Hiskjriaana

How often do you write?: Not that often (probably about once every few weeks) but mainly because I lack incentive.

Back