The Sangatha

State of Iraelia
…votes < Roshni > for Secretary–General

"Haring Ganatrang Kalatogan votes..."

Thassad paused. He sat down, looking confused. He looked at the Skandan from Samprati City, Calunod Dalangin, sitting next to him.

"Who are we going to choose?"

Dalangin sighed. He handed over Thassad a piece of paper cut from the ream sitting on their desk. Thassad read it loudly, "Ang Haring Ganatrang Kalatogan votes...Insert candidate here."

Thassad looked at Dalangin. "Who the hell is Insert?"

"The other side, Mister President."

Thassad flipped it over and read it aloud, "Ang Haring Ganatrang Kalatogan votes... If Cabinet withholds their position on the matter, most recent positions of Commonwealth Policy under Lostan Partei will take precedence in the consideration thereof... Ignore policies from the previous governments of other parties. Don't mess this up, Thassad. Love, Raj."

Strange.

"...Why is the Emperor of Syrixia telling me this?"

Dalangin groaned and threw his head back. "Please...Gods...!! It's Herr Präsident. Our Präsident."

"Ah..." Thassad looked down at the paper again.

"So who are we voting?"

Dalangin raised an eyebrow. "Um. We don't know. Aren't you supposed to... You know?"

Thassad scratched his head. "But...I don't know who the hell is Roshni or Helena? Are they married?"

"Nein, sir. They're your fellow Councillors here."

Thassad's eyes brightened up as it widened. "Ah! Bosnia and Herzegovina."

"Ja... Ja...sir." Dalangin slowly said. Whatever that is... Wait, what did Thassad say?

Well, whatever it is... What is Thassad going to say?

"Who are we voting?" Thassad asked.

Dalangin stared at Thassad. He stood up from his chair and reached for the mic.

"Ang Haring Ganatrang Kalatogan! We vote Roshni for Secretary-General!"

Thassad...though stunned...felt satisfied...that the matter is done. He smiled at Dalangin.

"Danke, Dalangin!"

Dalangin narrowed his eyes... "Um. I'm Washi." He points at the, apparently, Not Skandan from Samprati. "She's Dalangin."

"Oh."

Last edited:
Dongjing, Great Zhen Empire

It was so early in the morning. The day hasn't begun. But somehow, somewhere, the sound of activity rang across the hallways of Gugong Palace and seeped through the doors of Shi's apartments. It was rapturous, almost celebratory, accompanied by the repeat bangs of fireworks. She could tell there was laughter, there was running, and then, when her eyes slowly lulled her other senses to drift back into sleep, a scream broke out. Several in fact.

It was then, Shi realized, the sound was no celebration.

"Shi!"

The doors swung open. Light streamed from the other room, onto her bed and onto her face. Blinking her eyes, Shi quickly reached for the nightstand to get her glasses. She wanted to see what this is all about.

Shi rose up from her bed. Her eyes took a moment to adjust, but it couldn't take any when she saw the red on Meng's face. He smiled at her, just the way he does whenever he usually barges into her room. Usually chased after by her lady-in-waiting. She is there too, but this time, she was in front. Lying down on the floor. Her head hung up by the hair as it was tangled around Meng's fingers. She was weeping and spouting words she could no longer pronounce properly because of her constant shaking. Shi couldn't understand...

"Meng...what's the meaning of this?"

Meng looked upon Shi, and to her he looked like a different person. As if, by some means of demonic wizardry, his brother's body has been taken by an impostor. But of course, it isn't. But then, the look in his eyes was telling this story. His eyes on an expression supposedly filled with morning glee. She couldn't help but tear and gasp, putting her hand against her mouth to keep her from falling apart completely.

Finally, he took it upon himself to finally break the agonizing silence, and he took out the gun in his pants.

"NO!!!"

Shi was too late.

Her lady-in-waiting lay down on the floor completely. A puddle of blood formed around her head.

"Let's play a game, Shi..."

Shi looked up to meet Meng's gaze again. She didn't expect this. Her tongue pulling back against her attempt to speak, she was too taken by the sight of the gun in the hands of kindred flesh and blood pointing straight at her with that crazed look on Meng's face.

He titled his head to the side and smirked.

"You're it."

Sihuan, State of Zhenmen
Present time

"Your Highness?"

Shi slowly woke up from a weird daze. She was trying to recall some events of the past, only to forget them completely when Mr. Long called her to attention.

"Yes...Prime Minister. You have my attention."

Sitting in her office in the afternoons, after lunch, wouldn't be too bad if the men she usually spends it with were more entertaining.

The Prime Minister nodded, smiling as he could do best. Mr. Long is the sort who couldn't do so naturally, but his job requires it so he had to find a way to do it on a whim. Based on how he is doing it so far, Shi would say there's room for improvement. She could tell the displeasure slipping from the dry corners of his flaky lips.

"Commonwealth Policy. Elections are underway for the new Secretary-General and I'd like to hear your thoughts on who should be our candidate."

The Princess smiled. Snorted. What is this question for and what does her opinion mean on this?

Shi nodded, cutting it down with her narrow eyes. "Isn't this something for Cabinet to decide? You already made your speeches in the National Assembly."

Mr. Long nodded once. "Yes. But before we speak with Pataliputra, I thought you'd like to be heard on this foreign matter. You are The Empress."

"Empress?" Shi raised an eyebrow. She didn't understand what he was trying to convey.

Mr. Long's eyes widened as it dawned on him, as she expected it turned out to be.

"I-I'm sorry, Ma'am! Regent! Regent. I mean Regent." He produced a handkerchief from his pocket and dabbed his dry lips of the moist his hasty explanation made.

Shi sighed, heavy to make sure he knew what was coming and what she expected afterwards.

"Prime Minister...I will never, ever, take the Celestial Throne from my own brother. He is the rightful heir and-"

"Your Highness..." Mr. Long interrupted.

Shi raised her palm at him. "Let me finish! ...He has the Mandate of Heaven. He won, he succeeded. He killed Father to make it so and make another point, the measure of his determination. We have our fellow citizens to protect, and we will not spend our limited resources to fight a war we know both sides will never win."

Seething, Shi took a draw of breath. "And I thought, after ten years, we'd be used to this. This democratic way of life. ...Please, I appreciate it, but you and the government were elected by the people. I think they'd want you to rely on your own voice. They didn't vote for me."

"Well then...Roshni for Secretary-General it is."

Mr. Long stood up from his chair, which made Shi smile. At least one annoying practice, that of precedence, has been forgotten.

Shi rose up, pulling down her sweater to release the collar of the shirt underneath. She reached for Mr. Long's hand and they shook hands. He gave a curt nod.

"Um. Have a good afternoon, Ma'am."

"Until next week, Prime Minister."

Last edited:
As the vote from Zhenmen came in and Councilor Sun officially announced it, Roshni seemed somewhat in disbelief from it all. She had never thought that the Commonwealth Council would elect her to lead it; this was either her...second or third time running? She didn't quite remember.

When all was said and done and Das Locan had announced the results, she turned on her microphone to give a short speech of gratitude. "Fellow councilors," she said warmly, "I thank you for the trust you've put in me. Times are getting wilder for us all. The world is changing faster than ever, and so is this Commonwealth. I, with your trust, will endeavor to chair this council well to the best of my ability so we can continue to strive for brotherhood and unity, make the Commonwealth a great place to live in for all our peoples, and continue to do great things together."

She paused to stand and walk towards the chair at the head of the table, now vacated by Locan, who was to take her old chair. As she walked she turned again to the assembled conference room and cheerfully stated, "So, let's get to work!" Sitting down and adjusting herself in the seat, she turned specifically to the Predicean delegation. "Before we conclude this meeting, I would like to appoint Helena, should she choose to accept it, as Deputy Secretary-General." Roshni stated cheerfully. She's a great woman, representing a great country, and a good friend, who ran well. It would be a crime and a half on my part if I didn't offer her the position!"

March 7, 2020
12:04 PM
Golden Palace Complex
Commonwealth Security Command Headquarters

Lal Devendra Singh stood at the back of the room, by a massive board displaying a diagram of Nuevo Antofagosta. A decorated SAIF Brigadier General, he had been unanimously elected as the first Director of Commonwealth Security Command. The new headquarters of his organization, located within the Golden Palace Complex in the former headquarters of the Phoenix Union, had numerous rooms, including the Primary Coordination Chamber and Conference Room A, where an array of assembled generals and other senior military officers from CSC's member states were meeting.

Brigadier General Singh was giving a presentation on the situation in Predice. "...so, as we can see here, there was a SECOND explosion at the Imperial embassy, damaging it significantly. Death count is unknown, but from what we are currently aware of, Imperial embassy security and Predicean military personnel are on the scene. Both these attacks, gentlemen, have something in common. An old enemy has resurfaced: Giulio Corboli's ilk, the Predicean Communists. They've been in hiding, all this time, for a decade. This command was founded specifically to prevent terrorist activity from spreading to the Commonwealth, yet spread to the Commonwealth it has. We need to respond."

"First and foremost, we've got the Second Rapid Response Brigade. Per their role they stand at the ready, 14570 men strong. I'm recommending they, as well as our forces as a whole, follow the directives and discretion of Predicean military command. That being said, said forces need to be mobilized. "Any attack against a Commonwealth member state party to this Agreement", states Clause 1 of the Commonwealth Collective Defense Agreement. These attacks very much count within those parameters, and we need to be ready to do our part to ensure that Corbolists do not rear their heads in Predice any further. They belong in the past and we must do all we can to ensure that they firmly remain there."
Brigadier General Singh turned briefly to Austalgotha's delegation. Austalgotha was not a signatory to the CDA, but they were part of CSC and contributed forces to the Rapid Response Brigades. "I should also note, since Austalgotha is not a signatory to the CDA: while Austalgotha is therefore not compelled to assist in anti-terror operations beyond their contributions to 2RRB, we highly encourage you all the same to do whatever you can to assist the Prediceans at this time."

"There is another matter, as well."
Brigadier General Singh continued, turning back to the board as the screen zoomed out to a map of most of the world, with national borders shown. Prydania, Norsos, Essalanea, Highton, Illderia, Ilia, and Mintoria lit up in blue, followed by Demescia, the Empire, and Predice in a blue-green hue. "These are the members of the Luscova Pact." Brigadier General Singh stated, then turning back to the assembled officers. "The LP, as I'm sure you are all aware, has a mutual defense clause of its own. They will most likely be taking a similar approach, moving fully to defend Predice per said clause just as we are per the CDA. Not to mention, three of the nations gathered here are also among its ranks."

"I believe this presents an unprecedented gateway to cross-alliance military cooperation. I am of the view that the LP should adopt a similar method to that which I proposed for us: following the directives and discretion of Predicean military command in any and all anti-terror operations in the country at this time."
Brigadier General Singh turned to Lieutenant General Giovanni Giolitti, the primary Predicean general present, as well as the Demescian delegation. "This view has been made known to the Emperor, and both His Majesty and HM Government are in agreement that such an approach would be the most practical approach, and the most conducive to maintaining the unity and coherence of current anti-terror operations in Predice."

"Our plenipotentiaries will therefore be advocating it to our fellow Luscova Pact members, and I highly suggest the Predicean and Demescian delegations join us in that effort."

Last edited:
“The situation is dire. The latest reports conclude that there are thousands of Communist troops emerging from the mountains.” General Giolitti begins, as aides quietly pass out binders of information to the gathered generals. “As these aerial photos show, there are several massive communist base areas, from which they are spreading out. The local forces are attempting to currently contain the situation.” He takes a sip of water and continues: “The communist forces have been confirmed to have heavy weaponry, ranging from 23mm AA guns, to MRLs mounted on trucks. Commonwealth and Luscova Pact Forces would be placed into the Alessano area, as a Strategic Reserve to defend the city, or to be committed to the present fight when necessary. That is all from me.”

V E R T R A U L I C H
Verteidigung Koordinierungsrat
Verteidigungministerium-Bau, Ganatrastadt

INFORMATION
MEMORANDUM FOR THE JOINT STAFF COUNCIL

SUBJECT: Commonwealth Policy Initiative/Review -- Communist Party of Predice

CLASSIFIED BY: Pandu Gaur

Recent developments in the 2020 Antofagasta Bombings and our legal obligations to the Syrixian Commonwealth has demanded urgent action to propose new policy reviews and initiatives in counter-terrorism strategies. We urgently need a strategic assessment review on the Communist Party of Predice.

What is known about the Communist Party of Predice?

The group as a terrorist issue was of little-to-no significance to broader international policy. Prior to their sudden reemergence, it has been advised no local strategies should be actively pursued. Current relevant policies must now address the situation before it escalates to harm Lawston and its interests abroad. The Communist Party of Predice (CPP) may pose a transnational challenge and efforts to prevent it must be made. Particularly, separate Commonwealth Policy reviews on Predice and potentially affected Commonwealth member states, active rebel factions and terrorist groups, among other areas of concern, and strategic assessment reviews on Lawstoner counter-terrorism capabilities and on proposals for a Commonwealth Counter-Terrorism Strategy. At this stage, it is a mistake to underestimate the CPP and overestimate Predicean counter-terrorism capabilities.

Specific goals of the CPP are unknown (at least to the international community), but their activities and ideology strongly suggest they are pursuing three goals:

- expel and ban international (at least Commonwealth member states) economic presence in Predice.
- abolition of the Predicean monarchy and the repeal of its Commonwealth membership and treaties with the Syrixian Empire.
- replace the legitimate government with a one-party dictatorship similar to the Syndicalist Republic of Prydania.

Attached is the history and general information about the Communist Party of Predice, including DOD proposals with annotation.

General Upalekar came here with papers on counter-terrorism strategies. When General Giolitti reported on the situation, she had to take a lingering look to quench some part of her utter surprise.

I think that explains that "do not underestimate/overestimate bit."

Nonetheless, nobody's pushing tongue against cheek in this room. Upalekar ought to do the same like a good officer, as she has always been for 20 years. She simply returned her eyes to what she prepared for this command conference. Thousands of Communist troops might sound more like an invasion of a foreign country, but whoever would like to define them as cells of locally-based terrorists are up to the leeches in the Commonwealth Council, The Batasan...whatever the Syrixians and the Prediceans call their parliaments.

The Predicean general certainly gave a...non-reassuring report. Probably it's her anxiety speaking since her country, which barely has a legal military, provided her with some disadvantages, particularly in situations like this.

These...terrorists must be disorganized and scattered, petty combatants engaged in petty warfare. Probably similar to the Itak Rebellions. They have to be very mobile and very supported by a certain number of the rural civilian population where these terrorists have been hiding. Hence the size of their forces. But aerial surveillance clearly demonstrate a unified front, implicating very few and very large fronts in the near future, and it puts General Upalekar both at a stop and a complete loss for better words to describe this situation.

"Now, we must achieve measures to prepare ourselves in our response." She began, flipping through the document on top of what she has for the situation. Particularly to a page titled A PROPOSAL: COMMONWEALTH COUNTER-TERRORISM STRATEGY.

"Erste, we must begin intelligence-sharing and cooperation, bilaterally and in the CSC, on the ongoing situation in Predice. We must be kept up-to-date and completely informed on what is happening on the ground."

General Upalekar turned the page and continued, "Zweite, we must be able to provide assistance, especially with our Rapid Response Brigades, to other member states which are or may be subject to increased threats as a result of our campaign in Predice."

"Dritte-," She paused to cough and drink water, "Ehem. Dritte, we must secure the installations and military facilities of Commonwealth member states in Predice."

"Vierte und letzte, we have to ensure clearance for all operations in Predice to ensure no unnecessary interruptions. We must coordinate with the Predicean government to provide us access to needed installations and facilities for our operations, in accordance with their national procedures."

Last edited:
"I agree with all of these." Brigadier General Singh responded promptly. "I should also say, as a supplemental note, that the Department of Military Affairs maintains a series of military bases in Predice. HM Government has made it very clear that these bases must be secured, lest they fall into the hands of any insurgent elements."

"Despite these priorities, however, we must also cooperate, with all necessary effort, with Predicean military command to ensure the safety of the public from insurgent incursions, as well as the general stability of Predicean society. Above all we must stand for the well being of our fellow Commonwealth citizens. The Reds say they speak for the people. Their kind always do, whether they call themselves Syndicalists or Communists. Either way, they couldn't be more wrong."

"That being said, does anyone else have anything to note or suggest? If so, please make it known - if not, we can have a recess and General Giolitti and I will write a memorandum for us all to follow, containing and consolidating the directives proposed here. Whatever the case, time is of the essence!"

QCRPv9c.png

13 April 2020
Secretary-General Roshni Azad,

I would first like to express my deepest gratitude on behalf of the Principate for the continued support of His Majesty in this period of rebuilding. The Haveni people will not soon forget the generosity of the Empire in our time of need. It is my hope that our robust bilateral partnership marks the beginning of an era of prosperity in the Havens yet unseen since our liberation from the tyranny of the Imperium in the days of Syrixian dominion. I must also congratulate your government on the successful negotiation of the landmark Prosper Auroria initiative that, if successful, shall set the stage for further integration of the Aurorian economic community, for the betterment of all states involved. The Principate will continue to support Syrixian investments in Auroria, and it is our belief that the Empire will play a pivotal role in supporting pan-Aurorian unity in the future.

It is in light of this that I, on behalf of the people of the Havens, request that the Principate be admitted into the Syrixian Commonwealth, in the hopes that we may strengthen the bonds of brotherhood and solidarity that have united our peoples for centuries.

Yours sincerely,

BkFaxCu.png

Maximus Otha
Prince of the Havens​

proxy.png

THE COMMONWEALTH
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY GENERAL

Fellow Councilors,

As you have doubtless seen, the Principate of the Havens has requested accession to the Commonwealth. I am aware that our governments are all, at the moment, focused on matters such as the situations in Predice and the Vestrugat, but all the same this is a call that must be answered, and I believe we can and ought to spare a session to do so.

The Havens are legally eligible to accede to the Commonwealth - the islands were under Imperial administration from the mid-1600s to the early 1820s. A country with a population of 40,000 but located in a critical trade point within the Aurorian landmasses, the Empire recently opened up comprehensive financial ties with the Havens, partly through our Prosper Auroria initiative.

We therefore hope you, the fellow members will duly consider their accession. In times like these, no matter how small, the more, the merrier.

Peace be with you,
ROSHNI AZAD
Secretary General of the Syrixian Commonwealth

Roshni took her seat as the rest of the councilors filed in. They had all been prepared with the customary reports: brief primers on Haven, its history, its people, and its relation to the Commonwealth. She briefly looked through her personal copy before closing her folder and looking up at the rest of the assembled delegates.

"Let's get down to business." Roshni stated. "Do any of you have, at this time, any questions, comments, or stances you wish to make clear regarding the proposed accession of the Havens to the Commonwealth?"

General Giolitti spoke: “As we know, the Rapid Reaction “Brigade” of the Commonwealth could more aptly be called a Division. With additional LP Forces which together are about the size of the Peacetime Predicean Army, whom Predice will have to feed, house, and supply, I fear that the Predicean Logistics Corps may be stretched thin. Not to mention the fact that these Forces are arriving with a slew of equipment and calibers... I fear this could be a supply nightmare, if we add the Predicean Territorials, and the Reserve Units. Additionally I fear that fuel could become an issue, as the sheer amount of troops could dry up our strategic reserves. I would like to hear what my colleagues have to say about this.”
He finishes, and takes a sip of water

"We are willing," Singh responded, "if necessary, to provide any logistical assistance required. Imperial Navy ships and bases in Predice stand at the ready to make all necessary accommodations, and we are readily capable of bringing any fuel required. I doubt no other Commonwealth nations would contribute in a similar manner as well, and I certainly encourage it."

"The only significant challenge, I believe, is that of ensuring an orderly deployment of allied troops to Predice. We will need to maintain an orderly sequence of troop entry and ensure their lodgings and accommodations during the length of the operation are effectively covered and ready for them before their arrival. The Logistics Corps has Imperial military command's full assurance that we will assist in such planning measures to the fullest extent."

“Let’s look at this realistically though,” Giolitti began, “what could be sent over would be a drop in the bucket due to distance. Most likely, allied forces will have to mainly rely on Predicean logistics.” He continued, “This brings up a further issue: the issue that not only do the Predicean Army and the Rapid Reaction ‘brigade’ use different calibres, but units within the brigade have a wide variety of armament and equipment, not to mention the LP forces. This complicates matters significantly. That is why I find, that at least on the Brigade level, there should be standardised armament. While I believe that the supplying of Allied Forces in Predice will be feasible for Predice, it will only just be.”

Roshni looked around the room. It seemed the air was, generally speaking, one of approval, at least she hoped.

"Seeing no further commentary or discussion, I will start the vote!"
Code:
[b]COUNTRY NAME[/b]
[i]…votes [b]< AYE | NAY >[/b] to Accept the Principate of the Havens as a Member of the Commonwealth[/i]

the Syrixian Empire
…votes < AYE > to Accept the Principate of the Havens as a Member of the Commonwealth

State of Iraelia
…votes < AYE > to Accept the Principate of the Havens as a Member of the Commonwealth

COUNTRY NAME the Kingdom of Ponterre

"Ang Haring Ganatrang Kalatogan…votes aye to accept the Principate of the Havens as a Member of the Commonwealth."

The Skandan from Samprati City smiled gleefully, looking more pleased for himself than Thassad, "I'm surprised that went rather quickly, Mister President!"

Thassad simply shook his head and stood up from his chair. He put his hand on the Skandan's shoulder. "Son, when you're old you quickly forget. But when you need to go, you'll always remember where you came from."

"W-Wait...?! Are you dying, Mister-President-Sir!"

Thassad widened his eyes and pulled back. He looked down on the Skandan with thin eye-slits.

Calunod Dalangin, the Private-Whatchamacallit leaned towards the Skandan next to her. She says, "I think he wants to go to the bathroom."

"Oh..."

Sometimes, life gets hard, and even harder when age comes. But for some reasons, for no apparent explanation, every time Thassad takes a trip to the bathroom, it's like a trip down memory lane. He tends to remember things at the brink of his needs, except when he's hungry. He doesn't remember anything with a full stomach, then it's worse when it's empty.

He gets to reminisce on things, so he'd always prefer to do the Number Two because it takes a long while. Unlike with the Number One, which only gives him some flashes of the past, which isn't as pleasing as finishing the job.

The Skandan and Dalangin glanced at each other.

They asked what was on their minds, "Who's going to assist Thassad in the bathroom?"

Without waiting for their decision, Thassad somehow found himself outside. Quickly than he thought he could.

Perhaps the call of nature rejuvenates the body as well? Giving it the strength it needs to persevere and succeed, and perform the evacuation.

Wait...

Thassad looked around, his surroundings unfamiliar, "Where's the bathroom in this place?"

Last edited:
Roshni looked around the room as the votes came in, and then shuffled some papers. "We have three abstentions and the rest are ayes. The motion is therefore carried."

"By the power vested in me as Secretary-General, I welcome the Principate of the Havens to the Commonwealth!"

In the name of the good people of Yamantau, I, Premeir Ygor Emyan Szubrov, call upon our once good name within the Syrixian Comminwealth in hopes that we may be welcome back again.

proxy.png

THE COMMONWEALTH
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY GENERAL

Fellow Councilors,

I write to inform you that, as of yesterday, the People's Republic of Yamantau has requested re-accession to the Commonwealth. This is a momentous occasion, especially following the end of the regime of Volodymyr Svrtan. Premier Ygor Szubrov has freed political prisoners, is in the process of opening up the country, and, according to some reports, may be planning to introduce a market system into Yamantau, the extent of which is currently unknown. These are undoubtedly new horizons for Yamantau as the country steps into the modern world.

Yamantau is, of course, eligible to accede to the Commonwealth - the country was under Imperial administration from the late 1600s to the late 1800s. Yamantau was previously a member of the Commonwealth from 1961 to 1983 under the leadership of Premier Borys Svrtan - the father of Volodymyr - who was democratically elected and ushered in major liberalizing reforms. His son infamously assassinated him personally and proceeded to roll back all of his father's progress. It now appears that Premier Szubrov intends to not only honor Borys Svrtan's legacy, but go even further.

We therefore hope you, the fellow members will duly consider their accession. It's time to put Volodymyr Svrtan's injustices into the dustbin of history where they belong.

Peace be with you,
ROSHNI AZAD
Secretary General of the Syrixian Commonwealth

Roshni took her seat as the rest of the councilors filed in. They had all been prepared with the customary reports, as they had with Haven. Since she took office, she had streamlined many of the Commonwealth's internal processes, and had thus provided brief primers on Yamantau, its history, its people, and its relation to the Commonwealth. She briefly looked through her personal copy before closing her folder and looking up at the rest of the assembled delegates.

"Let's get down to business." Roshni stated. "I'll start with the usual question: do any of you have, at this time, any questions, comments, or stances you wish to make clear regarding the proposed re-accession of Yamantau to the Commonwealth?"

Szubrov sat quietly before the Council, taking a moment to fix his cufflinks and his tie. He thought it imperative that he attend personally, so that he could answer any and all questions honestly, and so that he might demonstrate how serious he truly was about having Yamantau re-enter the good graces of the Commonwealth.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Council, I will field all questions asked of me. I am open volume." he announced.

Rea Kai checked her watch as she speed-walked through the Commonwealth wing of the palace. The click-clack of her heels echoed through the halls as she carefully took a sip from her coffee. Possibly the best cup of joe she had ever tasted. Worth it, she thought. The coffee at the airport was glorified dirt water, so she decided to stop by a local shop. What she didn't anticipate, though, was the traffic of Pataliputra. She made it just in time to join the other diplomats as they poured into the conference room. Slightly winded, she took her seat, reviewed the paperwork she was given, and listened to the Secretary-General's remarks. Rea had read of the collapse of the Svrtan regime and the reforms of Szubrov, which closely paralleled the Havens' recent history. Szubrov himself was in attendance, a peculiar sight.

Rea spoke up. "I would first like to say that the Principate has no objection to the accession of Yamantau. My own personal concerns are with the stability of their new regime. Premier Szubrov, thank you for offering to speak in person. If I may ask, what assurances can you give that your government and the reforms you seek will succeed? I apologize for sounding crass, but less ambitious plans were... unsuccessful in the not-to-distant past."

Szubrov took a small sip from the glass of water in front of him as he listened to Kai, as she raised concerns about the future of Yamantau, and the stability of the nation he now led. He understood her concerns, and the fact that other council members may feel the same way.

"Ms....er...Mrs. Kai. You are right to question stability of Yamantau. With the abrupt change in leadership, and the efforts to undo damage of thirty years, there are bound to be...how you saying...hiccups, I think is word, but please, do not let this sway you. If I may, I would like to outline plan. In next 6 months, I am hoping that Yamantau will be fully open to international community. This means reopening borders, as we have already begun, with Inowalki to the North, and Ponterre to the East. Soon after, we hope to open economy to foreign markets as well. This mean foreign business come in, create jobs, help the people back to their boots...er..feet. In next year, we hope to tear away many unfair laws and regulations imposed on Yamanta by the Svrtan Regime as well. With this, my cabinet's hope is to foster a much more free Yamantau, by giving the people back their lives, to choose as they see fit. If you want assurances that Yamantau will be ok, that we will not need to use our partners in Commonwealth as crutch, look to the people. This is change they have been waiting for. A chance to be happy. My people want a stable Yamantau, they want a better life. These same things, we are willing to work for, as a nation." Szubrov explained, before clasping his hands in front of him, looking across the table at Rea Kai. "I hope this has satisfied you, and eased your concern."

Roshni looked around the room. After Szubrov's back and forth with Kai and some discussion amongst the delegates, there had been a quick recess. Now that everyone was back, after a few minutes with no notable occurrences, it seemed pertinent to move things along with a formal vote.

"Seeing no further commentary or discussion, I will start a vote on the motion."
Code:
[b]COUNTRY NAME[/b]
[i]…votes [b]< AYE | NAY >[/b] to Accept the People's Republic of Yamantau as a Member of the Commonwealth[/i]

Syrixian Empire
…votes < AYE > to Accept the People's Republic of Yamantau as a Member of the Commonwealth

The Havens
…votes < AYE > to Accept the People's Republic of Yamantau as a Member of the Commonwealth

Republic of Austalgotha
…votes < NAY > to Accept the People's Republic of Yamantau as a Member of the Commonwealth

Die Lawstoner Republik…has chosen to WITHHOLD its vote to Accept the People's Republic of Yamantau as a Member of the Commonwealth.

Thassad stood silently as he looked at his fellow Councilors. A scornful frown mounted on his wrinkled face and droopy eyes.

"Est ist...ASTOUNDING!" The old man shouted. "Not a single one has questioned Premier Szubrov or expressed any interest to ask him about his plans to bring Svrtan's murderous gangs to justice? No one interested to know if there will be prosecution of these...maniacs? Meine GÜTE!"

"With all due respect Your Excellency," Thassad glanced at Premier Szubrov, "But I don't and I will not respect you until I've heard your answer on the matter in which you plan on treating those men who killed hundreds or, God forbid, as your people say, thousands of innocent people!"

Thassad snorted. He was tempted to spit on the floor. "I'll be...a ghost in the graveyard first before I discover they were actually millions. At this rate."

"I commend the naivety of the Syrixian Councilor... But I am thankful for the concern of the Councilor from Haven. And the Republic of Austalgotha."

Thassad nodded at Rea Kai and Edrik Vants. His face relaxed a little.

"Furthermore, I am shocked. The Iraelian representative not only represents the great nation of Iraelia, but a great humanitarian democracy. I am deeply disappointed at their silence, and I hope it is only silence... Does no one here really have the mind or heart to comprehend what happened in Yamantau?"

Thassad paused. Emotions were terribly hard to control, especially for men of his age. Perhaps it is just him. But old as he, he has lived under men who did what they believed to be the right thing because they were simply told. Many, many times at expense of college students, widowed mothers, and concerned priests...instead of the so-called rebels they were too busy fighting. Now here he is in the air of collective benign ignorance. At least that is what he thinks it is. Maybe it is just a bland atmosphere as usual, getting to him this time.

"I am neither born nor have I ever visited Yamantau. But what happened there is no subject for debate, nor is it a matter of conjecture. Decades of screaming and disappearances have rung loud and clear around the world. I refuse to believe none has ever heard or watched about it in their televisions and radios. Verrückt!"

Thassad banged his fist on the surface beneath him. He pointed at Premier Szubrov.

"So now I ask Premier Szubrov, if he is still interested in answering my question: When will the torturers be prosecuted? Not many of them have been arrested—least from what I heard. At least, um Himmels willen...Das ist lächerlich! -Tell your people, man, where they buried their victims! If it is impossible to prosecute."

Dalangin and the Skandan from Sampratipur looked on. Speechless.

Sihuan, State of Zhenmen

"…votes NAY to Accept the People's Republic of Yamantau as a Member of the Commonwealth." Mr. Long said as he finished reading the report from the recent Commonwealth meeting.

Princess Shi smiled. "The Syrixians are impatient. Aren't they? Do as they see fit in the race to project the power they crave to reach the paramount supremacy of the world. It is...no. I won't say it. It would be very unconstitutional."

Mr. Long snickered. This made Princess Shi burst into laughter, holding her hand against her nose in a futile attempt to stop her unappealing snorts in her whimsical fits. This one, though, wouldn't be too much of a setback. It is just her and the Prime Minister, and the confidence between the two institutions they represent bound them from ever disclosing anything that took place here.

"But...Heh." Shi hesitated, trying to stop the impulsive laughter that ought to go out. However, she conceded and let it out one last snortful.

"Hehe! Anyways..." Shi coughed and cleared her throat. "The only times when countries like Syrixia or Mintoria take any real interest is when it becomes multilateral. So as long as this small yet tragic narrative becomes a narrative worthy of the world's stage."

Mr. Long nodded. "Their generosity will ensure the strength of the image they want to preserve or build for themselves."

Shi nodded. But she frowned. "Yes...and we depend on it... Shamefully..."

Last edited:
The State of Iraelia

Szubrov sat quietly as the representative from Lawston finished his rant, slamming the Yamanta government, and the council. He slowly rose to his feet, and glared across the space between them.

"Mr. Thassad. You must understand, we will dealing with these men, these murderers, the proper Yamanta way. No mercy will be shown for the butchers, just as none was shown to the flock. If you think for a moment, that we do not plan to bring to justice this men, you are a fool. I was 10 years old when Volodymyr Svrtan took power. I was 12 when I was thrown in prison for stealing food. 12 years old when I first taste the injustice of the Svrtan Regime, many were not so lucky to survive their injustices." Szubrov growled, removing his jacket, and rolling back his sleeves to reveal the tattoos that covered his forearms that he had received in prison. "If you do not think I and my cabinet do not want to see this men answer for their crimes, you are mistaken. Volodymyr Svrtan's Yamantau is not the one we fought so hard for, for so many years, generations of sacrifice will not be thrown away, and Svrtan's crimes justified. You have my word, both as a man, and as a survivor." Szubrov finished.

Last edited:
The Nirish delegate rose to his feet. An honourable young man, but young and new on the international stage, he showed no fear and looked the Yamanta delegate right in the eyes. "So, regarding Yamantau. The Nirish Delegation would be happy to vote 'aye", but not before one question. Would you describe Yamantau as stable? And if so, how would you ensure it stays stable?"

Last edited:
Back