Category: Condemnation
Nominee: Elite Region Of Global Command
Proposed by: Canton Empire
Onsite Topic

The World Assembly Security Council,

Noting the aggressive nature of Elite Region of Global Command,

Asserting that this aggressive nature is used for hatred and bigotry,

Observing that Elite Region of Global Command calls Islam "frankenstein",

Further observing that Elite Region of Global Command calls for the "systematic annihilation" of Communists and Muslim bases,

Further noting that Elite Region of Global Command plotted and carried out a sleeper mission in the peaceful Muslim region of Islamya,

Observing that the same was done, not once, but twice to The Arab League simply because the region possessed an "Anti Fascist" tag,

Noting, that Elite Region of Global Command intercepted a native refound attempt in The Union,

Disgusted that Elite Region of Global Command would call Muslims "muzzies",

Horrified that the World Factbook Entry of Elite Region of Global Command reads "Glory to Nazism",

Recognizing Nazism as an ideology that promotes racist Nationalism,

Resolved that these actions will face an unequivocal response from this Security Council,

Hereby Condemns Elite Region of Global Command

Please vote For, Against, Abstain, or Present. Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[wavote=the_north_pacific,sc]2017_02_05_condemn_elite_region_of_global_command[/wavote]
[wavote=world,sc]2017_02_05_condemn_elite_region_of_global_command[/wavote]

Condemnations are reserved for regions with a much wider range and sphere of influence, who are actually capable of causing or encouraging unprecedented or plentiful strife and harm to one or more communities. The proposal doesn't contain enough in-game references to actions that have done much damage and instead focuses on attacking their ideology. If holding an objectionable ideology is enough to warrant a condemnation, it is likely that such regions would start seeing the condemnation as a badge of honor. Even though the Elite Region Of Global Command appears to be a Nazi region, and as a CAIN signatory we stand against Nazism, a condemnation over their ideology would only serve as free publicity and advertising power.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote against the resolution.

Abstain

(Edit for reasoning) It seems this proposal has more to do with their ideology than in-game actions, so I don't think they should be Condemned, however, since we're a CAIN signatory, voting against may have diplomatic consequences, so I vote for us just not voting at all.

'Nother edit: Against, as per Bootsie's MoFA recommendation below.

For Against

As pretty much always, the region will wear this condemnation as a badge of honour, thus the proposal won't serve its purpose - in fact, there's a chance it might be counter productive, because if we condemn this region for their 'aggressive nature' and 'hatred and bigotry', we might stimulate other regions to be aggressive and spread hated and bigotry in order to receive a condemnation.

For this reason I will vote against with my nation on-site. But, as Darcania pointed out, there may be diplomatic consequences when Plembobria votes against. Per this clause:
Chapter 3. Functions of CAIN:
(e) Signatories commit to working together, when consistent with internal policy, to oppose Nazi Regions through Security Council means. This commitment includes, but is not limited to: (...)
(ii) Cooperation on condemnation proposals of Nazi regions and players
Elite Region of Global Command is a Nazi Collaborator and not a Nazi Region, but still I think it does TNP's involvement in CAIN no good to vote against or abstain.
Therefore, I cast a vote for.

Eyes that do not Lie:
For

As pretty much always, the region will wear this condemnation as a badge of honour, thus the proposal won't serve its purpose - in fact, there's a chance it might be counter productive, because if we condemn this region for their 'aggressive nature' and 'hatred and bigotry', we might stimulate other regions to be aggressive and spread hated and bigotry in order to receive a condemnation.

For this reason I will vote against with my nation on-site. But, as Darcania pointed out, there may be diplomatic consequences when Plembobria votes against. Per this clause:
Chapter 3. Functions of CAIN:
(e) Signatories commit to working together, when consistent with internal policy, to oppose Nazi Regions through Security Council means. This commitment includes, but is not limited to: (...)
(ii) Cooperation on condemnation proposals of Nazi regions and players
Elite Region of Global Command is a Nazi Collaborator and not a Nazi Region, but still I think it does TNP's involvement in CAIN no good to vote against or abstain.
Therefore, I cast a vote for.
How are they not a Nazi region?

Against

Edit: I voted for due to the points listed in the above posts, but since we aren't required to support the resolution, I agree that we should not give the region any publicity.

Abstain

Condemming should be done on in-game actions, not based on ideology, even if it against someone believe. Because of CAIN Plemboria can't go against so absatin is the best thing.

EDIT: Against, as per Bootsie's MoFA recommendation.

Mystery Player:
How are they not a Nazi region?
They just haven't been marked as such by CAIN yet. Now that they have WA attention, I think they'll be marked soon.

I liked something Sygian II said on the official forums:
Sygian II:
Nazis, Islamic State themed regions, everything else you mentioned, etc should not be given any spotlight in the SC with a condemnation/commendation/liberation or whatever. NONE.
I'd like to see what CAIN's opinion on the matter is. I've asked Bootsie to check with CAIN and see what they say about issuing a condemnation versus ignoring.

Boom. Here I am!

Like Sygian said in Sil's quoted post, we should vote against because any badge and publicity from this is going to spotlight this region, and that's not good for a region like this one.

In short, my FA recommendation is Against

The resolution feels somewhat light on details - while I'm not against condemning the region in principle, I'd at least rather support something well written and holding specifics on offenses.

Bootsie:
Boom. Here I am!

Like Sygian said in Sil's quoted post, we should vote against because any badge and publicity from this is going to spotlight this region, and that's not good for a region like this one.

I find this to be an odd stance, to be honest. TNP is a member - the largest member even - of an organisation dedicated to opposing and spotlighting Nazi and Nazi-collaborating/supporting regions on NationStates. It looks entirely contradictory therefore to oppose something that does just that.

I'm not arguing that your recommendation should be anything other than what it is, for the record, but how do you reconcile TNP's membership in CAIN with the recommendation?

St George:
Bootsie:
Boom. Here I am!

I find this to be an odd stance, to be honest. TNP is a member - the largest member even - of an organisation dedicated to opposing and spotlighting Nazi and Nazi-collaborating/supporting regions on NationStates. It looks entirely contradictory therefore to oppose something that does just that.

I'm not arguing that your recommendation should be anything other than what it is, for the record, but how do you reconcile TNP's membership in CAIN with the recommendation?
Has CAIN come out officially on this one way or the other?

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back