Lord Emmanuel for AG (2017)

EAKbro5.jpg
Lord Emmanuel For AG 2017

After having seen any candidate interested in running for the office of AG, after the other decline their nomination for Attorney General and Ash resignation .I was inclined to run and give it my best shot. The best I can hope to do is perform well in the position and be competent.
Am an active player, as the Attorney General has a unique role to play as a Minister.
One part of the Attorney General's role is that of a Cabinet Minister. In this capacity, I will be responsible for representing the interests and perspectives of the Ministry at Cabinet, while simultaneously representing the interests and perspectives of Cabinet and consequently the Government to the Ministry and the Ministry's communities of interest.
I will make sure all my responsibility are performed well and be more active to bring the best i can offer.

Responsibility

1. I shall advise the Government upon all matters of law connected with legislative enactments and upon all matters of law referred to him or her by the Government.

2. I shall advise the Government upon all matters of a legislative nature and superintend all Government measures of a legislative nature.

3. I shall advise the heads of ministries and agencies of Government upon all matters of law connected with such ministries and agencies.

4.I shall always conduct and regulate all litigation for and against the region or any ministry or agency of government in respect of any subject within the authority or jurisdiction of the Legislature.

5. I shall superintend all matters connected with judicial offices.

6. Make more effective use of grand juries to investigate problems, particularly official misconduct, not being addressed by other agencies.

7. Review all opinions of previous attorneys general for constitutional compliance.

mfaJ4Tg.jpg

If you have any questions or comments for me, please don't hesitate.

Are there any issues for which you feel you would not be equipped to prosecute a criminal case?

For anything you did not personally feel equipped to prosecute, would your preference be to appoint a knowledgeable deputy and assign the case to them, or return the case to the complaining citizen to prosecute? Why?

:blink:

I feel obliged to point out that the AG is not, in fact, a cabinet minister, nor does the AG "superintend all matters connected with judicial offices," or most of the rest of what you listed there. Furthermore, most of the actual duties of the AG are not mentioned in your platform. I would not vote for you on this platform if you were the only candidate running!

What's that? He is the only candidate running?

I will be abstaining and casting a ballot to reopen nominations for this one, I think. If you took some time to get involved in the government before seeking elected office and learned a little bit about the duties of the offices you seek, you might find more success.

Crushing Our Enemies:

I feel obliged to point out that the AG is not, in fact, a cabinet minister, nor does the AG "superintend all matters connected with judicial offices," or most of the rest of what you listed there. Furthermore, most of the actual duties of the AG are not mentioned in your platform. I would not vote for you on this platform if you were the only candidate running!

I will be abstaining and casting a ballot to reopen nominations for this one, I think. If you took some time to get involved in the government before seeking elected office and learned a little bit about the duties of the offices you seek, you might find more success.
:agree:

Crushing Our Enemies:

I know, I just put down this thread in rush, I don't really have the intention to run, but because nobody is interested in this office so thats why I decided to nominate myself.

SillyString:
Are there any issues for which you feel you would not be equipped to prosecute a criminal case?

For anything you did not personally feel equipped to prosecute, would your preference be to appoint a knowledgeable deputy and assign the case to them, or return the case to the complaining citizen to prosecute? Why?
1. Non yet, but the more i get involved the more the knowledge i would have.

2. I would appoint a knowledgeable deputy if the case seems complicated to me.

In tnp there are no simple cases.

Tnp needs new blood in the justice system. I applaud your willingness to serve in an office when nobody else will.

Agreed. At least you've put your name forward. If you want to learn more about how TNP's justice system works, you could read through the threads involving the last case against New Kenya.

I've always been a believer of having some experience in a government department before becoming the lead in that department. For instance, I would never accept to be MoWAA before being a deputy first. For full disclosure, though, had you not run, I would have declared candidacy hoping that I'd be the only one to run, and then campaign for RON to buy time for those who want to run and have the experience to do so, but feel they can't for whatever reasons that presently exist.

If you don't survive the fight against RON, apply to be a Deputy AG to learn the role, to potentially make a run later. If you do get elected this time around, I strongly suggest appointing deputies who have experience already that can help you in your new office.

Kondratev:
Agreed. At least you've put your name forward. If you want to learn more about how TNP's justice system works, you could read through the threads involving the last case against New Kenya.
I remember TSronK case, Later that time i context for justice in November judicial election, but I didn't succeed. I remembered you told me to first apply for deputy during that time, but Ash did not have interest in me.

Sil Dorsett:
I've always been a believer of having some experience in a government department before becoming the lead in that department. For instance, I would never accept to be MoWAA before being a deputy first. For full disclosure, though, had you not run, I would have declared candidacy hoping that I'd be the only one to run, and then campaign for RON to buy time for those who want to run and have the experience to do so, but feel they can't for whatever reasons that presently exist.

If you don't survive the fight against RON, apply to be a Deputy AG to learn the role, to potentially make a run later. If you do get elected this time around, I strongly suggest appointing deputies who have experience already that can help you in your new office.
Choosing experience deputy is my first priority.

Thanks for your advice.

I gave you my vote but also asked that nominations be reopened since you seem to be lacking experience and some practical knowledge of our laws here in TNP.

Back