-
Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
Darcania
Discord
@zephyrkul
7HN87Ok.png

Hello, TNP! [me] here, your current Deputy Minister of Cultural Affairs and Deputy Attorney General! :hello:

You may have already heard, but I seek to add World Assembly Delegate to my list of all government positions, and I would love for your vote to make that possible!

But why vote for me? Simple: I'm active, experienced, and I have several ideas on how to improve our already wonderful region even further!

Activity

While I make no claim for being the most active member of this community (cough IndieGirl cough), I can say with certainty that I am one of the most active, since I am around all day, every day, barring only sleep and a part-time job clocking in at twenty hours a week. Better yet, this is very unlikely to change for the next four months, so you can bet I'll be around and working all term.

More than just being around, I have a great work ethic. In Real Life™, I've quite often gone above and beyond in my work, from staying several hours after my shift ends to help during busy moments in the restaurant to volunteering for an extra shift to help ensure things remain as clean and tidy as possible for health inspections.

There are other examples from Real Life™ that I can mention, I've been appointed to many positions in TNP thanks to my activity and work ethic, and maintain several positions to this day.

Experience

One merely needs to look at my signature in this case. I currently maintain positions in all seven Ministries: Defense, Home Affairs, Cultural Affairs, World Assembly Affairs, Communications, Foreign Affairs, and Gameside Affairs. Beyond that, I have been an active Regional Assembly member, proposing two bills and debating and voting on many more.

As a quick side note, I wrote the bill currently up for vote in the Regional Assembly, the Evidence Redaction Bill. I encourage any Citizen reading this to vote there if they haven't already. The vote for that bill ends January 5th.

I thus have a well-rounded experience with TNP affairs, but more than that, a Delegate needs leadership skills. Luckily, I've had plenty of experience already leading
  • As a past Chief of Staff and current Lieutenant of the North Pacific Army, I've helped organize and lead many operations, including the liberation of Lazarus a year ago and several operations with CAIN.
  • Last year, I held the position of Deputy Minister of Home Affairs under the then-Minister Andrew. During my term, I worked with him and the Mentors to maintain and improve the Mentoring program that Tomb had implemented the term before.
  • Closer to the present, zombies. As one of the Surgeons General appointed by SillyString, I helped lead the Cure team to help save each of our nations' citizens from the zombie plague... or death from those nations who would rather kill their citizens than save them. At the end of the event, despite several unforseen issues like the temporary unavailability of Eluvatar's Zombie Observation Post and an extreme lack of sleep on my part (so dedicated was I to saving our region's citizens), we came so, so very close to having more Surviving citizens than dead citizens. Those interested may find the results thread here.
  • As another recent example, I am currently the Deputy Minister of Cultural Affairs. While I, along with Syr, have accomplished much, including A Drop in the Ocean, an interregional festival with The South Pacific that ended up being quite successful and a lot of fun on both sides, there is plenty more that I would love to do with regards to Cultural Affairs.

But, wait, what is it that I'd like to do with Cultural Affairs, or even the other Ministries?

Goals

Overall, the Cabinets and the Ministries have worked quite well over the last term, but I have a few ideas of my own to improve each individual Ministry, as well
Ideal Minister: Syrixia
Syrixia's work with this Ministry has been superb, the best I've ever seen, and I do heavily look forward to working with him more this coming term, regardless of whether I am his boss or he is mine. Either way, I have already discussed several plans with him this term, including an RP event and a few out-of-character events. As his boss, however, I would love to establish cross-Ministerial work for Cultural Affairs and the other ministries; already I have plans for nearly half the other Ministries for cross-Ministerial work, and would love to discuss other projects such as this with my cabinet members and the citizenry in general.
Ideal Minister: Gladio
Like with Syrixia, Gladio's work in this Ministry has been fantastic. I do still have my goals with this Ministry, however. For one, I hope to increase our military presence in CAIN, not only with numbers but with experienced leaders. For that, I hope to work with Gladio to help establish a stronger chain of command, increasing the amount of capable, experienced, trustworthy Officers and even a Deputy Minister or Chief of Staff, so that others may learn the art of leading the NPA, whether through helping organize operations or simply leading update operations as they come.
Related to Culture, I would love to see a cross-Ministerial project to celebrate the NPA and their efforts.
Ideal Minister: Praetor
Again, wonderful work here. Praetor has kept this Ministry running quite well, keeping our Ambassadors staffed and active. For the Ministry itself, I would love to work with the foreign dignitaries to translate our Embassies into more solid relations, which is where Culture comes in. Like with our recent success A Drop in the Ocean, I would love to set up cross-regional Cultural events, from minor one-day state visits to full-blown festivals with games, competitions, and discussions. I also hope to increase our diplomatic presence within CAIN, for which I have several plans of my own.
Ideal Minister: Tomb
To be edited in tomorrow morning.
Ideal Minister: Praetor or Yalkan
Ideal Minister: Pallaith or r3naissanc3r

Finally, here is a button you all can use in your signatures!
W286dCk.png

Special thanks to Goyannes for helping me design this button!

Good and well explanations.

But for contesting for delegate :-

1: What are your improvement you are will to do for the region.
2: For the Plembobria term : (i) What are the things you think Plembobria should do that he didn't?
ii. What are the things you think he did in a wrong way?
iii. Why did you want to take over his position?

3: On all ministry, what do you think should be added or remove.
i. What are you improvement program for them?

Hi Darcania and best of luck to you in the campaign.

I like to read decent news from around the Nationstates world, but there hasn't been a publication in months of the Northern Lights, so I would like to ask how exactly will you revitalize the region's newspaper so it has monthly publications again?

Several recent events (yay, drama) led me to believe I am not yet fit to be Delegate. Perhaps another term, when I've matured more, I'll run again.

Darcania:
Several recent events (yay, drama) led me to believe I am not yet fit to be Delegate. Perhaps another term, when I've matured more, I'll run again.
But why don't you think of it before.

Lord Emmanuel:
Darcania:
That's rude.

Lord Emmanuel:
Don't quite understand your question, but I'll assume you're asking why I didn't believe I was unfit to be Delegate before I withdrew my candidacy? Simple enough: We all have in our minds what we think of ourselves, and we act on that, but if you look back at your actions and the consequences of those actions, that's who you really are. When I saw my actions and the consequences of those actions, I realized I wasn't fit yet to be the Delegate.

I hope that answers your question.

I know you've already withdrawn your candidacy, but just for clarity, what were your opinions and improvement ideas for Gameside Affairs? As MoGA, I'm curious as to what you might have thought about changing.

Kasch:
I know you've already withdrawn your candidacy, but just for clarity, what were your opinions and improvement ideas for Gameside Affairs? As MoGA, I'm curious as to what you might have thought about changing.
To be honest, I had no definite plans for Gameside Affairs. I would have preferred to merge it with the Ministry of Home Affairs, but as I had only been around during the Ministry's least active period, I would have been open to keeping the Ministry open if a Citizen believed they could keep the Ministry active with new, strong ideas. Like with the other Ministries, though, I would have loved to have Culture work with either Gameside or Home Affairs to set up more gameside cultural events, instead of simply focusing on forum-side events.

Back