Christmas!

Xentherida

TNPer
-
-
Twas the night before Christmas in Xentherida. Children across the nation would wish upon the dark skies for Santa Claus to deliver presents, all placed carefully beneath the Christmas tree. Stockings were hung by beds and chimneys, anticipating their filling. Each tree - firs, harvested from the cold, central Xentheridan forests - sat within each fireplace-warmed living room, lovingly bedecked with tinsel, and baubles, and lights, that glowed in all sorts of colours in the night.

As the populace of the country settled into their beds, in every city across the nation, they each dreamed of the presents that would await them tomorrow. Huge square boxes, wrapped in packaging paper of all bright colours, containing each and every person’s deepest desires.

The gigantic clock bell in Blackwater City neared midnight, but what was that - on the horizon? Zooming from the ocean? Was that - Santa Claus?

But it was! With the nine dragons pulling the gigantic sleigh, and the man himself sat inside. Withdrawing presents from the enormous burlap sack beside him, and throwing them down chimneys, and into the living rooms across the city - and nation.

Sometimes, the dragons would slowly descend, and come to a stop atop the roof of a house. Santa himself would dive down the chimney, and into the houses below, bringing the sack with him. There, he would take presents from his sack and put them underneath the green needles of the firs of the Christmas tree, before taking his fill of cookies and milk, and taking the meat from the plate, to feed the dragons with.

And within seconds, he would be off again, on his journey through the whole nation of Xentherida, visiting the tallest of skyscrapers in the sprawling cities, and even the most remote of farmhouses in the deep country.

And throughout his journey, as the tethered dragon’s wings would flap, and spit fire - with the lead dragon’s flames a deep, vivid red, which illuminated the land around him - Santa Claus, in his red suit, would shout into the lands below. “Merry Christmas, and to all, a good night!”

OOC: RP Santa visiting your nation. It'll be fun! Also, any posts that shoot down Santa will be ignored. Just take this as a little fun event that you can all do, in Christmas Spirit.

Xaar entered his office to find a box on his desk. The box was covered in shiny paper and ribbons with a bow on top. Attached to the box was a label which read "To Xaar From Santa". Xaar picked up the box. It was heavier than he expected for a box of that size. But then again, he wasn't expecting any packages, let alone one that looked as...festive...as the one sitting on his desk. Confused and concerned, he stuck his head around the door that led into
the adjoining office - the office belonging to Gallinpi.

"Is this anything to do with you?" he asked, holding up the box.

"No, but I did receive a similarly wrapped item," came the reply.

"What was it?" asked Xaar. Gallinpi reached under his desk to produce a long, hollow rod about a metre in length. "This," he said.

"A Ping Staff?" said Xaar. "I didn't know you played,"

"Oh yes, but I'm out of practice what with the lack of Ping Arenas around here,"

"But where did it come from?"

"Well, that's the thing, sir. The other day, Vexio and I were talking about the things we miss from the homeworld. I mentioned I hadn't played Ping for a while and I missed my old Ping Staff and she said she missed good old fashioned Pudri cakes. The chefs here have tried to make them with local ingredients, but without access to fresh yindols, they're nowhere near as good. So she says."

"And then a few days later, you receive a brand new Ping Staff from this mysterious Santa,"

"That's correct,"

Just then, there was a knock at the door. Gallinpi instructed the person to enter. It was Vexio carrying a tray of green, sweet smelling cakes.

"Sirs, the strangest thing has happened. I arrived at my desk this morning to find a huge box of fresh yindols from an entity called a Santa,". Xaar and Gallinpi looked at each other. Vexio continued "So, I delivered some to the kitchens and the chefs were able to bake some proper Pudri cakes. I haven't had any in cycles! Would you like one?"

Xaar turned to Gallinpi. "What is going on here?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. Perhaps..." he was cut off by the intercom buzzing. "This is Gallinpi," he said.

"Sir, this is Captain Zagar. We've had reports of mysterious items appearing seemingly out of thin air. I think there's a security breach. Recommend immediate lockdown,"

"I don't think that's necessary, Captain. These gifts seem harmless enough,"

"I respectfully disagree. Our security footage clearly shows a large figure teleporting into the various offices and leaving the boxes behind before teleporting out again. The figure had a large white beard and wore a bright red suit,"

Suddenly, something clicked in Vexio's mind. "Captain," she asked. "Did the figure say anything?"

"As a matter of fact he did, thought it seemed non-sensical. Something like 'ho-ho-ho'"

"I knew it," said Vexio.

"You can shed some light on this?" asked Xaar.

"I've been doing a little research on the customs of this world, and there is reference to a figure much like the one Captain Zagar described. The legend states that once a cycle, this figure travels the world and distributes gifts to those who have behaved well according to some criteria. The date upon which he rewards everyone was last night,"

"Who is this figure?"

"He goes by many times. Saint Nicholas. Father Christmas. Santa Claus,"

"Wait, are you saying some mythological figure teleported into my office last night and left me a Ping Staff because I've perform according to his expectations?" asked Zagar.

"I know it sounds absurd, but that's the legend."

Gallnpi scoffed. "I don't believe it,"

"And yet you have a brand new Ping Staff," said Xaar.

"You don't really believe this fairy tale, do you sir?"

"We're still new to this world, Gallinpi. There is much we still need to learn. Who knows what sort of weird and wonderful things go on in this part of the galaxy,". Xaar turned back towards Vexio. "But we can discuss this later. In the meantime, everybody back to work,". Vexio turned and left, but not before she left the Consul and Vice Consul a Pudri cake each.

Xaar took his cake and returned to his office. The box with his name on it was still there. He decided to open it. He looked inside and smiled. He'd been thinking of this for a while and this thoughtful gift from this Santa entity was very welcome indeed. He took out the object and placed it on his desk. It was a dark sphere made of a tough material. It was rough to the touch, which is what he expected. After all, it was a perfect scale model of his homeworld, with all it's geographical features modelled right down to the last detail.

As nightfall comes on Ninhundland waiting in hope for the festivities. Teens and young adult get ready to party for the eve of Christmas has already come. Keeping watch for any terrorism the Ninhundish government has closed its borders until the 26th.

Twas the night before Christmas, in the bustling and busy capital of Bohseon, children were returning from their tutor schools, catholic churches were getting ready for service, and parents were busy buying last-minute Christmas gifts.

A silent clock on the main porch of an unsuspecting household turns to 12, a figure in red drops from the black, cloudy sky-could it be Santa Claus himself?

As the figure dangerously and irresponsibly free-falls from the sky, Santa noticeably has smaller eyes.
Adding on the the cliche-asian Santa, Siberian tigers wrapped in cheap Christmas lights catch asian Santa in mid-air that looks like the stunt was rehearsed.

In an anti-climatic turn of events, asian Santa Claus disappeared back into the sky without actually delivering any presents

Back