Ramblings of a Teenage Madman

Well, apparently main NSG's General forum isn't the correct place for my ramblings. I need a place to vent about my problems when they arise, and to record the possibly-kinda-sorta profound thoughts that flash through the deep, dark, filth caked, wretched abyss that is my mind, briefly illuminating the abyss with hope and happiness before twisted and callous thoughts drown them out...

But now I am getting ahead of myself, and sounding like the High Edgelord, rather than the High Swaglord. I do not believe that we have properly acquainted ourselves. I am Justin. However, I am known by random internet people as [bgcolor=#80a0ff][border=#ee4a2d,1,solid]THE HIGH SWAGLORD[/border][/bgcolor]. Why the red text against a blue background? Because I need an easily identifiable way of distinguishing myself from the unwashed, uncouth, peasant commoner masses...

Actually, I am not that arrogant. However, I used to be that way when I was in 7th and 8th grade. And that was an improvement from when I was a young child, about ages 4-6, when I genuinely believed that I was God. Yes, you read that right. I believed that I was omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. Now, an argument could be made that those properties are contradictory, but there is an even bigger contradiction. Namely, back then, I was unbelievably religious (Catholicism). In fact, I read much of the Bible, even the parts with rape, murder, incest, genocide, mass slaughter, and all of the unpleasantries that you really shouldn't read to small children, much less allow a small child to read for himself...

Anyway, this leads me to the topic of my first blog post: How I lost my religion...

As I grew older, I developed a passion for Science. I was one of the... better educated individuals in my grade (This probably either means that I was very smart, or everyone else was very stupid, but not both). However, I never bothered to question the teachings of the church. However, this changed around 7th grade, during my insufferable jerk/radical communist phase. I began to notice various... errors. I began to see flaws in the work. I began to analyze the work with a critical eye, and I eventually determined, sometime around 9th Grade, that scripture was an invalid source of information about both the universe, and about ethics. I began to look at other faiths, but alas! I came to the same conclusion...

I had lost my religion, but now I, a 9th Grader, was faced with a daunting challenge: What now?

That will be the subject of the next blog post...

*plops down with popcorn*

Well, let's see where this goes.
Are questions allowed in the comment section?

Have you considered using a darker or brighter blue as the background for your name? Right now it's not standing out very well. A bit hard to read, honestly.

Back