Call for Temporary Hearing Officers

Discord
COE#7110
Please post below to volunteer to become a temporary hearing officer. The duties are identical to those of a justice, but are (usually) limited to a single matter before the court. They act as temporary replacement justices when there is a vacancy on the court, or when a justice is unavailable or has recused themself. In your post, please describe your level of familiarity with TNP law, as well as why you desire to become a temporary hearing officer.

In the immediate future, a THO will be appointed to replace SillyString in the matter of Handling of evidence in the case of TNP vs. TSRONK. However, those who volunteer in this thread will also be considered for future appointments.

Barbarossistan[c]2016-11-23[c]falapatorius[c]2016-11-23[c]Abbey[c]2016-11-24[c]Gracius Maximus[c]2017-03-11[c]Synnaraka[c]2017-12-19

I'm more than willing to serve as a THO again for other cases. With that said, since I was the THO for TNP vs TSRoNK, I don't wish to be one for this particular case in order to avoid any conflicts of interest or the perception thereof.

please describe your level of familiarity with TNP law

Nothing special, I've read all of our laws over at least once.

why you desire to become a temporary hearing officer.

I find it interesting.

Update: 2 THOs are now required for the request for review regarding handling of evidence in TNP vs TSRONK. Legal knowledge/experience is preferable, but not a firm requirement.

I'm interested to act as temporary hearing officer. I'd like to get involved with the court and this seems a good way.

My knowledge of TNP law is limited, I've read it but hardly made a thorough study, I think I can read up on the relevant law and any available case law as required though.

I'm willing to act as a THO in this matter.

my level of familiarity with TNP law?
I have a fair to middling grasp of TNP Law, and have served as Deputy AG and Attorney General. I've also been an RA member for 3 years now.

why do I desire to become a temporary hearing officer?
I've always had an interest in the Judiciary.

I'm willing to temporarily act as a THO. I have notified Ash and have resigned my Deputy AG role temporarily so that I can serve.

I'm a former Justice, CJ and AG. I'm familiar with TNP law although I'm weaker on some of the more recent changes. I want to serve to make sure that there's a qualified bench for an important R4R.

I would like to serve.

Experience with TNP Law: Read them over.

Reason for wanting to serve: I would like to be Deputy Attorney General of TNP.

Canton:
I would like to serve.

Try to watch the date of thread before replying.

Lord Emmanuel:
Canton:
I would like to serve.

Is this thread not open until they need someone? I was linked here by the AG.

Canton:
Lord Emmanuel:
Canton:
I would like to serve.

Is this thread not open until they need someone? I was linked here by the AG.
There is no ongoing situation that needs THO, So be patient.

To be fair to Canton, it isn't necessarily the AG Office's place to determine when this thread is relevant as it relates to THOs, who sit as de facto Justices on the Court and are inherently separate from the Attorney General.

Anyone can indicate interest and availability to serve as a THO at any time. This thread will be referenced when there is a need.

There is no other reason for anyone to post in this thread unless they are indicating availability to serve as a THO.

I have the utmost desire to be appointed the position of Temporary Hearing Officer.

I have familiarity with TNP law including the Constitution and the Bill of Rights of TNP. As of first hand experience, I currently have none, which is one of the reasons I long for this position. I am exceedingly interested in being part of the judiciary system of TNP. I am also exceptionally interested in the position for Associate Justice and even might consider running in two months.

I am apologize if this deems to much information, I just wanted to present myself at supreme level of professionalism.

I intend to hear from you soon,
[me]

For the record, I am willing and able to serve as a Temporary Hearing Officer in the event one or more officers are needed. I've been a citizen for quite a while, and do have experience with working with the law as Speaker and Deputy Speaker.

Obviously, I do not have any experience as a Justice or being in the Attorney General's office.

Lord Emmanuel:
As the current Deputy AG, i am willing to serve as THO.
You'd have to resign your position as Deputy AG:
Legal Code:
18. Any deputy appointed by the Attorney General may not serve concurrently as either a Justice or a Temporary Hearing Officer.

As long as it's permissible for an Executive Council Minister to concurrently serve as THO, I'm willing to do so.

Sil Dorsett:
As long as it's permissible for an Executive Council Minister to concurrently serve as THO, I'm willing to do so.
It isn't, actually, as you're a government official in the Executive Branch (appointed by the Delegate), and THOs are government officials in the Judicial branch (appointed by the Justices).
Constitution:
10. No person may simultaneously serve in government official positions in more than one of the executive, legislative, or judicial categories. Exceptions to this provision may be established by law.
No exceptions are in the Legal Code in this instance.

Somehow I missed your earlier post. :duh:

Offer accepted. Gracius Maximus is named as THO.

Edit: Don't forget to take your oath...

This still needed? I can do it. Just got my citizenship. I have experience with law in Europeia, I can apply the same experience to interpret TNP laws.

In the interest of a speedy review, given the topic, and since GM has not yet taken his oath, I am instead going to name The Grim Reaper as THO.

Barbarossistan:
just in case this still has relevance, I'd like to be a THO if one is needed.
THOs are government officials in the Judicial Branch, therefore you would have to be a Citizen to become a THO.

Edit: Aaand totally failed to notice that you're way ahead of me on that. Don't mind me.

I volunteer to be a Temporary Hearing Officer.

In your post, please describe your (1.) level of familiarity with TNP law, as well as (2.) why you desire to become a temporary hearing officer.
1. I have read all statutory law and had a cursory glance at the current R4Rs.
2. A personal interest of mine. IRL I have legal experience and I am curious to see how well it can translate onto here.

Back