[Complete][AT Vote]: Liberate Singapore (Mount Seymour Version)

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
Category: Liberation
Target: Singapore
Proposed by: Mount Seymour
Onsite Topic

Description: The Security Council,

Noting the rich history of the region of Singapore, which has prospered despite enduring multiple raids;

Observing that Singapore was recently raided by The Invaders;

Disappointed that after surviving a large scale invasion prior to the latest invasion, Singapore should fall again;

Believing that it is the intention of the raider groups to take permanent control of the region and exile its native community;

Citing the World Factbook Entry imposed, claiming that the region is “now under permanent control” and that these raiders will “purge this region of all inhabitants”;

Remembering the great damage that The Invaders have caused to countless other regions such as Social Liberal Union, Sweden and Russia, and fearing the continuation of this damage in Singapore;

Concerned that there is a high likelihood that a password will be placed upon Singapore, effectively eliminating all chances for natives to regain control;

Resolved to prevent such a disaster from occurring;

Hereby Liberates Singapore.

Coauthored by The Scandinavian Emirate of Rufford

Please vote for, against, abstain, or present.

[wavote=the_north_pacific,sc]2016_11_05_liberate_singapore[/wavote]
[wavote=world,sc]2016_11_05_liberate_singapore[/wavote]

As Singapore has already been liberated due to the passage of Security Council Resolution # 209, this resolution is an unnecessary duplicate. As stated by Sedgistan, a NationStates Senior Issues Moderator, this resolution is a Rule 2(b) violation (duplication). As a result, this resolution will be removed by the moderators regardless of the outcome of the vote.

Abstain

As it will be pulled, it's useless to vote either for or against it unless it is to make a political statement. If we were going to do that sort of posturing, I would want "for" in that case anyway. I can't agree with the argument for "against."

I would like to note that the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs has revised its recommendation to take no position on the vote, given the unusual circumstances.

I'm not opposed to a symbolic "for" vote, but realistically there's no point. While we didn't get the wording we wanted in the passed resolution, the effect remains the same.

Abstain

For

Nobody has clarified (to my knowledge) what would happen if this passed, and if this was not a duplicate, I would definitely want this to pass, so why not?

Edit: Yes, the resolution will probably be deleted, but still might as well try.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back