WA Voting Information Project

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
I am creating this thread so that we can discuss and track the progress of the WA "get out the vote" project we have discussed on the discord channel.

What is this
This project is meant to serve as a counter-part to the WADP for promoting voting in GA and SC resolutions. Voting means both on the actual gameside GA and SC votes, and here on the forum votes.

By using this project to get out the WA vote, the hope is that we can further boost our voting power (by having more of our WA nations vote, and also by influencing votes of WA nations in other regions); boost WA membership rates (by having more of our nations join the WA, and by getting WA nations from other regions); and increase activity in the MoWA.

Name and logo
There have been a few suggestions:
  • WA Voting Project (WAVP).
  • WA Voting Information Project (WAVIP).
  • WA Information Project (WAIP).
WAVP has the nice feature that is analogous to WADP, creating a sense of duality between the two projects. On the other hand, they are so similar that they can be confusing. I don't think we have settled on any of these options yet.

As for logo, I think the consensus supports this logo, which is similar to what we use for WADP:

tnp_wa_voting.png

Dispatches
There is going to be a set of standing dispatches for the project, analogous to those used for the WADP.

A preview (with a lot of placeholder material from the WADP) has been created here. This preview is currently designed as a six-dispatch set:
  • Overview - Frontpage and general information about the project.
  • Why and How to Vote in the WA - General information about WA voting, why nations should be voting, how to do it (both gameside and forumside voting). This will also include references to the WADP with respect to advantages of WA membership.
  • Recommendations - This will replace the current IFV program. See below for more details.
  • Statistics - Set of auto-updating graphs tracking data relating to the project. See below for more details.
  • Appreciation - Tentative, see below.
  • Delegate's Policy - This is a repurposing of the already existing dispatch detailing the Delegate's WA Voting Policy. Same information, but now included in the project.
Recommendations
Voting Recommendations will be the successor to the current IFV program.

There will be a recommendation for each GA and SC resolution at vote. Recommendations will be sent through telegram, and also posted in dispatch format, with one dispatch per resolution. This dispatch shows an example of how the recommendation dispatches will be formatted. The recommendation telegrams version will be formatted similarly to the current IFV telegrams, with edits to reference the project and also to ask nations to upvote the corresponding recommendation dispatch.

The telegram recommendation is intended as the main means of getting the WA nations in our region to vote a certain way. The dispatch recommendations is mostly for publicity outside the group of TNP WA nations: Publicity to TNP non-WA nations, hopefully getting them to join the WA; and publicity outside of TNP, hopefully getting foreign WAs to vote along TNP lines, or even join TNP.

The "Recommendations" standing dispatch will have details about what the voting recommendations are, as well as an automatically-updated list of all recommendations that have been posted as dispatches. This will create a nice compilation of all the recommendations the MoWA has produced.

Statistics
Similarly to the WADP "Progress Reports" dispatch, the "Statistics" standing dispatch will include a bunch of graphs tracking statistics relating to WA voting.

This dispatch has a preview. It includes four graphs: two tracking the regional vote in the latest GA and SC resolutions; and another two showing historical voter turnout in GA and SC resolutions.

Suggestions for more graphs are welcome.

Appreciation
This is tentative. If implemented, this dispatch would be used for voter appreciation. This could take the form of a periodically issued award for frequent GA/SC voters, analogous to the WADP awards for endotarting. Alternatively, it could be simply an auto-updated list of voters (meaning no separate periodic award volume dispatches).

I believe this should be welcome with arms. I do, however, see a major problem here that may or may not just be me. It's way too similar to the WA Development Program, but then again what is the problem with that?

I think having the two be similar is important, because of how complementary the two projects are: They are both about promoting WA membership and WA-related activity, one endotarting and the other voting.

On the other hand, when it comes to the name, WAVP and WADP may be too similar: They are easy to get wrong when typing, and will be very confusing for new members or nations that don't get very involved in regional business.

Regarding the "Statistics" dispatch, I wonder whether we also want to include graphs relating to world-wide voting, for easier comparison to TNP-only voting.

I am very torn regarding voter appreciation and voting awards, so please post feedback.

I definitely think that voter appreciation and voting awards is something that should be given out. I believe in Europeia they've had success with something similar, you may know the specifics better than I.

What type of appreciation and awards were you thinking of?

I happen to like WAVIP as an abbreviation. For one, it differentiates itself from WADP more than WAVP does; r3n already mentioned the similarities between the two in the above post. Furthermore, the abbreviation "VIP" has positive connotations that are already present in the minds of most people. I feel that WAVIP will pull more people in because of that.

With regard to statistics between regional WA voting, if that is something that can be easily done then I would say yes. That information would be helpful for us visual learners.

Appreciation is difficult to implement, and even more difficult for me to give you constructive feedback. I would say yes to the auto-script. Once we have more information about the success of the program and receive more feedback from participants, then we could roll out a more robust appreciation program.

Just my :2c:

WAVIP for sure.

I'm making an effort to post those handy graphs you provided in the voting thread for every vote. Really showed what a difference our telegrams made as the vote result in TNP ended up getting very close to how our delegate voted. I would like to incorporate the graphs in the statistics dispatch

I like this icon as an award for beginners:

124033-matte-red-and-white-square-icon-symbols-shapes-check-in-box.png

I also like this one:

124037-matte-red-and-white-square-icon-symbols-shapes-check-mark6-ps.png

This one could be an intermediate award badge:

123967-matte-red-and-white-square-icon-sports-hobbies-medal4.png

I haven't given much thought to the names of the awards that would be associated with the badges. Your ideas and comments are welcome.

I think the idea of the more robust awards program is neat, but is definitely something we want to automate as far as possible. WAVIP seems like the best acronym.

I think we want to make it so that the awards are challenging but achievable. I'm a little torn as to rewarding voting with the delegate but it does increase the impact of the region if more people vote together so enh.

Back