-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
rules:
All witnesses giving testimony must first swear an oath as follows:"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."
Witness depositions may be taken over instant messenger or in a forum thread separate from the trial thread. A deposition may only be conducted in a forum thread if a deposition over instant messenger is not feasible.
When conducting a deposition, counsel for each party must be present along with the witness being questioned.
Opposing counsel will have the opportunity to object to questions posed to the witness. If an objection is made, the questioning party will have the opportunity to withdraw the question or defend against the objection. The witness will answer all questions which are not withdrawn.
At the completion of a deposition, each party must submit a complete copy to the Moderating Justice in private for review. The Justice will review all objections and publish an official record version of the deposition in the trial thread, with appropriate edits in accordance with any sustained

Thank you. You are, if you do not mind me saying so, extremely experienced person in both the politics and mechanics of Nationstates. Would you please tell the court, when you received the telegram alleged to be from my client, what were your first impressions of his approach?

Since this is an odd deposition, which may or may not be accepted by the Court because of the defense counsel's claims regarding the prosecutions time to gather evidence, I will simply affirm the validity of the telegrams and messages that I provided to the Security Council and the Attorney General's Office. They were received by me from the defendant nation. When I requested that nation contact me here to validate the authenticity of the message, they promptly did so. I have no doubts that the defendant is the nation that contacted me.

I will also note that the Deputy Attorney General sought to secure my deposition over several days last weekend and could not get a reply from defense counsel in regards to scheduling. I made myself available for 72 hours continuously (with the request for short notification) and Guy was not able to gain any confirmation for a scheduled time. To state that the only reason the prosecution has not been able to present evidence is because of their scheduling issues is disengenuous at best.

Has pierconium been asked any questions yet? Must have missed them. Therefore... objection, your honour. Unsolicited testimony.

Since the purpose of this deposition is to validate the evidence I provided, there is an implicit question regarding said evidence outstanding from the outset. I have therefore provided it.

Further, since it appears this deposition will not conclude prior to the Court's deadline, I have provided the Presiding Justice with a formal witness statement.

Thank you, Pierconium. As my goal with this deposition was to validate the evidence, I have no further questions.

The defense is free to object, or to present its own questions, as desired.

Thank you. Can you explain to the court why you felt this needed to be reported to The SC in TNP, and why you gave my client the impression that you were interested by calling his proposal "an interesting proposal"

flemingovia:
Thank you. Can you explain to the court why you felt this needed to be reported to The SC in TNP, and why you gave my client the impression that you were interested by calling his proposal "an interesting proposal"
I did not wish to see the Pacific embroiled or implicated in a coup, or attempted coup, of a fellow GCR and therefore reported it to the body I believed responsible for dealing with this sort of situation.

The term 'interesting' can have both positive and negative connotation. I am not responsible for the manner in which the defendant chose to interpret my comment.

Back