Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
moga_seal.png

New RMB Guardians

Following extensive discussion and debate with close associaties within the cabinet and the Ministry of Gameside Affairs, I have come to the conclusion that the people feautured in this thread will be the new RMB Guardians team for the next few months. I will also include reasons why these people were chosen and what I expect from them. I have decided to create a new team so early on in the term so that we have ample time to conduct the rest of our tasks during this term.

I have come to realize that no matter what situation approaches me, it'd be better if I dealt with issues while I had the time and not waste them away with excuses. By checking another one of our objectives off the list, I am proving this even more. One of my largest concerns announcing the new team was the lack of evidence supporting that they were going to be actual guardians of the Regional Message Board. To be a 'guardian' of the RMB, musn't it also be related to having the privilege of communications/post supression?

I understand that the topic of giving non-governmental personell supression privileges can be quite a risky area, so wouldn't it be easier to consider RMB Guardians as official members of the government? I am suggesting this because I wish to express how important it would be for RMB Guardians to acquire these supression powers. If given said powers, I believe that the RMB would be able to function how it is supposed to without the unwanted interruption of spammers, trolls and generally bitter people. With the right and trustable people, giving RMB Guardians supression powers would benefit the Gameside community quite a lot, not to mention the mentoring potential of the people selected.

All this aside, I'd like to welcome the following people as the new RMB Guardians!

Yalkan

Suggested by Praetor, Yalkan has truly proven himself to be an invaluable member of the regional mentors team. His friendly vibe and sensible personality was one of the most prevalent reasons that he was considered. Being among one of the many new faces to join the forums and our government, I believe that his experience working as a Regional Mentor will extensively aid him in successfully defining what an RMB Guardian is all about. Yalkan is relatively active on both the forums and the RMB, and so I decided that he was to be the first in a new era of Regional Message Board Guardians.

Darklord

Known as Notyoutopia on NationStates, Darklord has consistently been a large figure within the RMB and has spoken well with many of our regular RMB visitors. Another one of Praetor's suggestions, I believe that Darklord will be able to do this job very well and will make a great addition to the team. Darklord is level-headed and friendly, both features of which make a good RMB Guardian. Over this term, as I begin my quest of trying to give the RMB Guardians a definitive role in the government, I look forward to having Darklord working with the team and myself during this term.

Praetor

Praetor does not need to be introduced. His unmatched success as Minister of Foreign Affairs has given him the experience needed to take on almost any position in the region. Adding to his list of qualities, is his consistency with the Regional Mentoring program. He has helped many new members get involved with not just our government, but his very own ministry. Very quickly becoming an extremely notable presence on both the forums and on the game. He has ran whole-heartedly and responsibly in two elections, further proving his ability to take on such a position.

Yeraennus

I have long believed that Yeraennus would be suited to such a position, largely due to his direct approach to RMB spammers and pretty much anybody that dare cause trouble. Someone with such experience with managing the RMB should be given the chance to show what they can do. The mix of personalities will serve the new team greatly. I'd like to see Yeraennus take more of a leading role over the rest of the Guardians, since he has already been considered for the original team and has had more time to get acquianted with the RMB and gameside community.

New Haven

New Haven has already served a very long time as an RMB Guardian and I am sure that they will continue to perform well in this position. That concludes the new team, so let's hope for a better stint with the gaurdians this term!
Expectations

• Adhere to the requirements of their position and keep on task;
  • Remain citizens;
  • Have a nation within the North Pacific;
  • Maintain a high level of activity on the forums and the RMB;
  • Use any given suppression powers in accordance with the posting etiquette;
  • Notify the appropriate people when a situation arises or actions are taken on the RMB;
  • Behave in a respectiveful and responsible manner when guarding the RMB;
  • Welcome and orientate new members so that they become more accustomed with the community;
  • and encourage lively and friendly conversation on the RMB whenever possible.

Yalkan:
Shucks you're making me blush.

I'm very excited to be working with this team.
As am I!

You've been a mentor so I expect that you know most of what I'm asking.

Very happy to see Yalkan and Darklord among the RMB Guardians. Those guys seem to have the RMB open even in their sleep, and never miss a new post. I think they're probably better known to residents than most members of the government! This should build residents' faith in the new moderation scheme and hopefully bring the entire TNP family closer together.

Have you telegrammed New Haven America? Generally he is very responsive, his NS activity and pre-title suggest he is likely still interested.

The Foreign Minister could continue to do this job without the title and likely would have done so. Might have been wise to give it someone who does not yet have a position in the regional government and who's primary focus and involvement is in the message board.

But otherwise the selections seem to be fine.

mcmasterdonia:
Have you telegrammed New Haven America? Generally he is very responsive, his NS activity and pre-title suggest he is likely still interested.

The Foreign Minister could continue to do this job without the title and likely would have done so. Might have been wise to give it someone who does not yet have a position in the regional government and who's primary focus and involvement is in the message board.

But otherwise the selections seem to be fine.
I understand that Praetor has another job to tend to, and if he wishes to prioritize that job over this one then that is fine by me. From my experience, Praetor has served incredibly well as Regional Mentor over the last few months and does hold quite a presence on the RMB, even though he is also the MoFA. When we were talking about him becoming an RMB Guardian, it did not seem as if also being the MoFA was going to impede on his ability to help moderate the RMB.

*blush
Hello,I'm glad to be her even if I don't know if it's allowed to me to post here.I have to thank you all for your kind words,especially Kasch and Praetor for suggesting me.I'll try my best to ensure that I will not disappoint you.

Yalkan:
Shucks you're making me blush.

I'm very excited to be working with this team.
You're also a good sport to put up with me on the RMB. :evil:

On a serious note, congratulations to everyone that made the list. I think you all will do a fine job.

Back