-
-
-
-
Category: Liberation
Nominee: Heroes Rise
Proposed by: Kowassati
Onsite Topic

Description: Noting that there is an intent to destroy and re-found the region, Heroes Rise, and displace the native community for numerous years to come by the current invading force; however, the liberation can prevent this from happening, allowing the proper authorities to free the region from the deviant hands of occupying forces.

Recognizing that it is the Security Council’s responsibility to safeguard regions, and promote peace and good will between regions, via force if necessary, and that the circumstances occurring in the region are well worthy of international action.

Understanding that the elected representative of the native community has fled the region, surrendering the territory to the invading forces; nevertheless, this action should not justify leaving the region, and its community, to the iron will of the occupying forces, and a doomed fate.

Urging defender forces to support this resolution in an effort to free the region from the reckless hardships forced upon the community by the invading entities and work to take whatever actions necessary to free the region [within international laws and norms], and ensure the territory’s security in the long run.

Remarking that a liberation by force may not occur as soon as this resolution is confirmed; however, with the liberation in place by this council, invading forces will find it extremely difficult to re-found the region, giving the community hope and not be displaced for a countless number of years to come.

Hereby Liberates: Heroes Rise.

Please vote for, against, abstain, or present.

Hrmmm. In principle I'm For. But it's not exactly a shining example of good resolution writing and there's no debate thread. But that's not enough for me to condemn this region to destruction - they don't seem to have done anything particularly egregious to "deserve" this.

For.

EDIT: Vote Changed to Against later in thread

Abbey Anumia:
Hrmmm. In principle I'm For. But it's not exactly a shining example of good resolution writing and there's no debate thread. But that's not enough for me to condemn this region to destruction - they don't seem to have done anything particularly egregious to "deserve" this.

For.
:agree:

Also voting For.

In light of the new information, my tenuous for has become an Against. The natives don't want this, they won't be coming back to try and rebuild the region.

Against

I'm usually anti-raider, but in this case it seems like nobody can be bothered to speak up for their own region. On the forums or on the RMB, I haven't seen any former member of HR post anything more than a statement of their indifference. Seems there's nothing to liberate here.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back