[DRAFT] Cabinet Appointments Article

brihimia

TNPer
I wanted to present this to y'all tonight before I write the rest because it basically sets the style for what the rest of the article is going to be like, and I'd like to know if this attitude/style/groove is okay.

Election time. A sizzling frying pan. Imagine it like that- debates, issues, votes, and much more. This only happens three times a year, and TNPers get their gears on when the time comes around.

On each campaign platform is policies and issues. Who are they carried out by? The Delegate can't do all the work themselves- that's why there's Ministers. After the heat of the election is over and the heat has died down, it's time for cabinet appointments- the bright, energetic people who will lead the region for the next four months.

This election season, former Chief Justice, Minister of Home Affairs, and current Security Councilor Plembobria was elected Delegate with outgoing Delegate Lord Ravenclaw elected Vice Delegate. Plembobria announced his three cabinet appointments a day after the election results were announced.

The first appointee was Gladio, in the seat of the Minister of Defense. Gladio has tirelessly served and led the NPA for many a terms. It is no surprise that Gladio has been re-appointed to this position. Shortly after being appointed, he led the NPA to support the smooth Delegacy transition from Lord Ravenclaw to Plembobria.

Secondly came Syrixia, prominent roleplayer and former Deputy Minister of Culture. He was appointed Minister of Culture. Syrixia has already started on a “Theme Week” poll and the results were shown towards Murder Mystery.

Third was Praetor, returning back in the seat of Minister of Foreign Affairs. A notable event last term is the release of a foreign update, reporting on the status of the region. Praetor has begun a report that was publicly available and recorded activities within the Ministry.

Next is Home Affairs. Recently returning from a judicial sentence, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, former Delegate and more, took the lead on the has already begun several recruitment drives, resulting in new recruits for the North Pacific Army.

Kasch, relative newcomer, will be serving in Gameside Affairs. Kasch is well-known roleplayer, Roleplay Moderator covering Sports, NPA Lieutenant, and Graphics Officer. He led the newly-formed Ministry last term, as well.

Bootsie, outgoing Vice Delegate and strong contendor in the recent Delegate election, has been appointed the Minister of Communications. The Ministry has already started by writing several articles for this issue of The Northern Lights.

Last but not least, newcomer Pallaith has been appointed Minister of World Assembly Affairs. In his opening statement, he stated that "I want to be able to give every WA nation in this region the best opportunity possible to vote with open eyes and clear minds."
This Executive government will expire in four months.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the style, per se, but I would advise changing the wording and formatting a bit. I'm not a fan of the dashes, we can have the same speed with a more natural flow. I think I would like to see more before changing it around, that's only a little taste of it. The casual language makes for a breezy read, I think they will like it.

I hate to interrupt, but my judicial sentence is over a year old now, and there's no reason in bringing it up in the article. In addition to that, I've held at least 4 gov't positions since my sentence, so the info itself is inaccurate.

In addition to Tomb's corrections, I think all this needs is a little wordsmithing to be solid. I will try it out if I get the chance tomorrow, I don't know when precisely Bootsie planned to publish this. I had a similar concern with Praetor's draft, I felt the article ended a bit abruptly, even with your final sentence. I'm not sure how I would end it, perhaps a call back to your metaphor at the start? It could be just one sentence, just something to cap it off. It's not like the piece doesn't work without that, it just felt like it was missing something like that.

Tomb:
I hate to interrupt, but my judicial sentence is over a year old now, and there's no reason in bringing it up in the article. In addition to that, I've held at least 4 gov't positions since my sentence, so the info itself is inaccurate.
Apologies, I fixed it a while after you posted this.

@Pallaith- will do.

Back