The North Pacific Press Releases

It is election time, once again, in The North Pacific for the Delegacy, Vice Delegacy and the Speakership. Candidacy Declarations began on the 1st of May and ended on the 6th of May. The Speakers Election was definitely intriguing with enthusiastic Deputy Speaker RPI running against the former Prodigy Speaker COE. The vote ended in a tie in the Speaker race and has resulted in a runoff between the two.

The race for the delegacy has been an interesting ride. Tomb, the reigning incumbent, swept in handily despite concerns cropping up in the latter half of the race over his handling of certain issues. Two days following his victory, however, he has resigned, prompted by the contents of a "really disturbing telegram".A Special Election to fill his seat has begun and in the meantime SillyString is serving as Acting Delegate.

Voting will begin immediately after candidacy declarations ends on the 19th of May. Everyone who is a member of the Regional Assembly at that time can vote. There is still plenty of time to process Citizenship applications, so if you are not already a member by would like to vote, make sure to apply for membership here.

Right. We haven't been paying much attention to Press Releases. But I need your opinions on this. With all thats been happening, I thought that a Press Release would be appropriate to properly inform of the nations of TNP and the NS World whats going on. I'm worried that it is more of an article that belongs in the Northern Lights rather than a short and prompt Press Release, so I need an opinions on this.

Draft Release:
The May 2015 Speaker Election has concluded today, with the Election Commissioners publishing the final results.

The election saw RPI elected Speaker of the Regional Assembly over former Speaker Crushing Our Enemies, in a second ballot.

This Runoff Election has been one of the most thrilling elections in The North Pacific. The election saw strong competition between both candidates with extensive campaigning and intense debate over issues facing the Regional Assembly. A total of 74 ballots were cast, 72 of which were valid. This is a new record for The North Pacific, and another sign that regional community and democracy remain strong and grows greater still.

What do you guys think of this draft Release on the election results?

Andrew:
What do you guys think of this dispatch? I know it needs some work, but what do you think so far?
It says I am a new Minister. I was actually reappointed by Eluvatar after Tomb appointing me. It says that in Eluvatar's announcement. Other then that it's fine. :D

~ Cascadia

Sorry; I was on leave, so I didn't see this for a while. But, I just upvoted the last few dispatches.

Back