NATION: Kingdom of Arrandal

1. Removal of GPO Amendment: <YES>

2. Repeal Phoenix Union Continental Railway Agreement: <YES>

NATION: Xentherida.

1. Removal of GPO Amendment: <YES>

2. Repeal Phoenix Union Continental Railway Agreement: <ABSTAIN>

lKvmynq.png

Voting is now closed.

The votes have been counted, and the Removal of GPO Act has passed and is now PU law. The Movement Repeal Phoenix Union Continental Railway Agreement has failed.

VOTES:

1. Removal of GPO Act: Ayes: 5, Nays: 0 (Passed)

2. Movement Repeal Phoenix Union Continental Railway Agreement: Ayes: 2, Nays: 2, Abstain: 1 (Failed)

This session is adjourned.

-Alvydas Drakoviak, The Kingdom of Arrandal

lKvmynq.png

By my authority as Grand Presiding Officer, I hereby call to order the eleventh session of the Phoenix Parliament.

Members may post their proposals and/or agendae for the meeting and may discuss them. When discussion dies down a member may motion for voting to start.

-The Hon. Alvydas Drakoviak of The Kingdom of Arrandal

Alvydas called the session to order.

“Our first order of business today: the application for admittance by Blavia and Highton. Both nations are on Craviter, though only Highton has a shore on the Phoenix Strait.

“Requests to Blavia for further information, including reasons for joining, were met with vague or short responses. We also were unable to gather any information through legitimate channels on their political structure, economy, or military strength. As such, I can not recommend Blavia be admitted into the Union at this time.

In regards to Highton I have provided a Dossier with info on their nation including an overview of their governmental structure, their GDP, their military strength, and their leadership. Please look over it and feel free to discuss.

“Now are there any proposals or topics of discussion anyone would like to bring up?”

A woman walked to the unoccupied seats of the still-absent Dorsettian delegation and sat down alone. She was middle-aged, just shy of fifty, had long straight grayish-blonde hair, and wore a simple solid gray suit. She was a stark contrast to younger, hipper, and more colorful generation of politicians that had become popular in the principality the past couple years.

In her hand was a piece of paper containing her opening speech to the assembly. She stared at the page as she leaned back in her chair, reviewing it and reciting it in her mind. As Alvydas opened the session, she listened as he addressed the two applications, waiting for that order of business to conclude so she could begin. She didn't follow through, however, when that opening arrived. She remained seated and instead set the paper face down on the desk, electing to say nothing, staying stoic and attentive as the session went on.

The woman provided at least one courtesy as she pulled a desk nameplate from her bag and set it in front of her, so at least others who could see it would know her name. Marianne Covington, a member of the extended princely family, was ready to represent the principality all by herself.

Andrea Sparre, the representative from the usually quiet observer nation of Andrenne stood as though this were the PGU and Andrenne was just making another normal proposal.

"Before I begin with the proposal for Andrenne, on behalf of our nation I would like to thank the Phoenix Union for hosting us as an observer nation. With that out of the way, Andrenne would like to propose a new flag for the Phoenix Union- Though I suppose a modernization of the old flag is a better way to put it. The original flag is good, but the Phoenix Union is being reborn like it's namesake, and Andrenne believes that commemorates a modernization of the flag. Apologies for getting your hopes up for a more serious proposal."

QEfERKp.png
(Thank you to Pry for cleaning this flag up for me.)

Marianne didn't feel like waiting any longer, so she stood up to address the assembly and to gauge their interest in a radical idea of hers.

"Members of the Phoenix Union Parliament, allow me to introduce myself... I am Marianne Covington, sister of the late Stéphane the second, 16th Prince of Sil Dorsett, and aunt of Princesses Claidie and Alice. With the resignation of Regis Giquel as ambassador, I have been appointed acting ambassador for this session. My assignment is not permanent, and it's unlikely I'll be here next session.

"I apologize for the lack of colleagues in the surrounding seats, but we couldn't certify the results of the special election to replace the representatives that walked out last time. Why not? Low turnout. The apathy for this union back home is so incredible that we had a fourteen percent turnout. Now, I know what you're all thinking. 'Just leave already! Quit dragging this out!' you all might say. That's not why I'm here. I'm here to do two things: First, to find the reason that the principality should stay in this union, which to be honest with you... I already know the answer to that one. But, secondly, to fix the problem that makes our citizens demand that we leave. I already have the solution to that one.

"Why is it that Dorsettian citizens want to leave the Union? Fear. Fear that our sons and daughters could be dragged into wars we have no reason to be involved with. While stepping in to push back on simple imperialist conquest is an honorable use of the concept of collective defense, too often the threat of the activation of collective defense is used as cover to rattle sabers without fear of retribution, and it is because of such threats that our people have lost faith in the concept. We are no longer interested in being compelled to send troops abroad only to paint a bullseye on downtown Norvalle.

"It wasn't too long ago that when Ruskaland was threatened by Miedzymorze, The Grand Federation of Xentherida, a member of this union, a member of the Pan-Gotic Union, and a member of the Trillium Compact declared that an attack against Ruskaland was an attack against Xentherida, and it appeared to threaten the invocation of the collective defense clauses in all three alliances. Would it have been right to force any of our sailors and soldiers to take part in what was obviously a Xentheridan initiative? We say no. It should have been left up to individual states, and not made mandatory by dots of ink on printer paper.

"The solution is simple, and that is why I propose what I call the 'Omnibus Collective Defense Consent Bill'. It both amends the constitution and enacts a separate agreement, but they must be passed together. It reads as follows:"
Omnibus Collective Defense Consent Bill:
1. Article Four of the Phoenix Union Constitution is amended to read as follows:
Article 4 of the Phoenix Union Constitution:
Any attack by a non-Union member against a Phoenix Union member state is considered an attack against them all. This Constitution mandates that all member states take measures to defend the member state being attacked. However, the mutual defense obligation is only enacted if the attack against the member is unjustified.

If a member state attacks a non-member state, the other member states are not required to assist the member state attacking the non-member state. The courses of action of the other member states shall not be restricted by this Constitution, nor Parliament.

If the attack by the member state against the non-member state is purely aggressive and is not backed by sufficient reasoning, however, the sufficiency of which shall be judged by Parliament, Parliament may vote to deprive the aggressive member state in question of Phoenix Union membership.

If an attack by a member state against a member state is backed by sufficient reasoning, the sufficiency of which shall be judged by Parliament, the Union shall work to achieve peace between the two parties. However, the member state in question shall subsequently be called before Parliament for questioning, and, if found guilty of baseless aggression, or if they refuse to even come for questioning, they shall deprived of Phoenix Union membership.

2. The following agreement shall come into force:
Phoenix Union Collective Defense Agreement:
1. Any attack by a non-Union member against a Phoenix Union member state that is a signatory to this agreement is considered an attack against all signatories. This Agreement mandates that all signatories take measures to defend the signatory being attacked. However, the mutual defense obligation is only enacted if the attack against the signatory is unjustified.

2. Signatories to this agreement are not obligated to come to the defense of a non-signatory nation, nor can a non-signatory nation be compelled to come to the defense of a signatory or another non-signatory nation.
"This I believe would fix the problem. Thanks to Article 1 of the Constitution, moving the mutual defense clauses to a separate agreement would allow nations who do not feel comfortable with mutual defense agreements to opt-out of them, with the understanding that they would not be under the Phoenix Union's military protection. But, it would allow such nations to maintain the mutual economic benefits of membership. With that said, I yield the floor."

Elisif shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "The Grand Federation does admit that its actions were quite high-risk, but we see our actions justified, as they prevented conflict and loss of life. Nevertheless, Krister Vattnen, our Minister of Foreign Affairs, has been removed from his job for his actions, and a change in our policy is supportive of such reforms to mutual defence clauses."

"While we do support this amendment, there are a few minor issues we'd like to address or correct."

"The first amendment to this bill is regarding a conflict of the wording. The first paragraph states that:
"If the attack by the member state against the non-member state is purely aggressive and is not backed by sufficient reasoning... Parliament may vote to deprive the aggressive member state in question of Phoenix Union membership."
whereas the second paragraph says:
"However, the member state in question shall subsequently be called before Parliament for questioning, and, if found guilty of baseless aggression, or if they refuse to even come for questioning, they shall deprived of Phoenix Union membership."
This is a clear conflict in wording, as the first paragraph clearly shows the removal of the unjustified aggressor's membership as an uncertainty, but the second paragraph clearly states that it is absolute that an unjustified aggressor's membership is revoked.

"We would like to propose a simple amendment to the second paragraph to remove this conflict, by firmly establishing the removal of an aggressor's membership as being put to vote."
Amendment:
However, the member state in question shall subsequently be called before Parliament for questioning, and, if found guilty of baseless aggression, or if they refuse to even come for questioning, they shall deprived of Phoenix Union membership then the Parliament may vote to deprive the aggressive member state of its Phoenix Union membership.
"A second amendment we would like to make would eliminate any recreation of Krister's plans."
1. Any attack by a non-Union member directly against a Phoenix Union member state that is a signatory to this agreement is considered an attack against all signatories. This Agreement mandates that all signatories take measures to defend the signatory being attacked. However, the mutual defense obligation is only enacted if the attack against the signatory is unjustified.
"By addition of the word "directly", the "consideration" of attacks upon others is no longer relevant as an initial reasoning for invoking the defence pact; now, it would require the attack to be precisely upon the nation."

"The third change we would like to make is restructuring the amendment of Article 4, as the current wording may provide more confusion. It states that
If an attack by a member state against a member state is backed by sufficient reasoning, the sufficiency of which shall be judged by Parliament, the Union shall work to achieve peace between the two parties. However, the member state in question shall subsequently be called before Parliament for questioning, and, if found guilty of baseless aggression, or if they refuse to even come for questioning, they shall deprived of Phoenix Union membership.
"which insinuates that the member state in question is only called before Parliament if their reasoning is sufficient, which is quite arbitrary, seeing as it would only reconfirm what is already known. Instead, we would like to change it slightly (with our initial amendment added in), to this:
If a member state attacks a non-member state, the other member states are not required to assist the member state attacking the non-member state. The courses of action of the other member states shall not be restricted by this Constitution, nor Parliament.

In a case of aggression, the member state in question shall subsequently be called before Parliament for questioning for their reasoning for beginning conflict, and, if found guilty of baseless aggression, not backed by sufficient reasoning, or if they refuse to even come for questioning, then the Parliament may vote to deprive the aggressive member state of its Phoenix Union membership.

If an attack by a member state against a member state is backed by sufficient reasoning, the sufficiency of which shall be judged by Parliament, the Union shall work to achieve peace between the two parties.
"As the proposal currently stands, we believe its intent is honourable and is certainly a policy Xentherida is willing to work towards. However, we see its current form requiring some rewording to eliminate any traces of confusion or apparent contradiction."

"Additionally, we would also like to suggest additions to the treaty, such as the option for signatories to provide support to their fellow signatories, should they not want to fully delve into the conflict, or the construction of an organisation dedicated to the co-operation of nations in mutual defence - essentially, maximising communication, logistics, organisation and the like for maximum efficiency."

Chirag nodded. "The proposed edits by Xentherida will make this new Bill even sounder. This bill, the Empire believes, will put the Union on the right track to further prosperity, and so the Empire supports it. It is time that the wounds in the PU heal and the PU grows again."

Briefly switching the topic to address the Empire's opinions on the other bills, Chirag noted, "Briefly, if I may, on the matter of the other two bills at hand, the Empire supports them both."

Chirag Thakur is the chief representative of the Empire in the Phoenix Parliament. Instead of Sushma replacing Puja, he does because I don't like Sushma's character.

“Thank you, Ms Spyrre,” Alvydas said. “it is warming to see that an observer cares enough to participate in this Union. The flag design is quite lovely, or so my collegues tell me.” He chuckled at his own joke.

“There is one quick thing to address before we move on. Article 1, paragraph 3 of the constitution states:
Each nation shall send 10 representatives to the Parliament, in any matter they deem necessary. This shall not be restricted by Parliament.

“From what I’ve been told by my staff, the nation of Sil Dorsett is possibly in breach of the constitution.” Alvydas said addressing Marianne Covington. “If the Principality is in breach of the constitution then I feel we must decide how to proceed. What precedent will this assembly set by ignoring this provision? I don’t wish to derail the discussion on the proposals that have been put forth, however I believe we must address this situation now that it has come up.” He then fell silent, giving the Silian representative a chance to respond.

Marianne kept her laughter in her head rather than letting it be audible. She knew Alvydas or someone else was going to bring it up.

"Your Excellency, I'm not surprised that this came up, so let's look at it. There is a requirement to send ten representatives. Understood, but then the Constitution also says 'any manner they deem necessary.' What was the manner we chose? One selected by the foreign affairs ministry, nine chosen in a party list contest with a 20% turnout requirement. We couldn't get the turnout for the first attempt, and we weren't able to hold the second attempt by the time this session started. What were we to do?

"I would also argue that nine of the ones that walked out, those except for Regis, are technically still serving as representatives since they have not been replaced. It's not like the government intentionally refused to send ten, it's just that the other representatives are absent. What if perhaps Jean-Louis was sick one session and didn't show? Would we still be in violation with only nine in attendance?

"We could debate the meaning of it all day if we really want to, but I think our time would be better spent refining the Omnibus Collective Defense Consent Bill. If you want to penalize the principality by cutting the nation's voting power by ninety or a hundred percent this session, it doesn't bother me. It won't stop me from trying to work things out with this union, and won't stop me from promoting this bill."

Hoping she hadn't inadvertently caused more damage as her predecessors tended to do, she turned her attention to her proposal.

"I agree with the additional changes to Article Four and the Agreement proposed by Ms. Hellenberg and give my support. I would, however, ask for the Xentheridan delegation to elaborate on the additions to the agreement it wishes to propose."

Alvydas spoke again. “Since there is no provision for what happens should there be a question of interpretation than I feel it falls on me, as presiding GPO to interpret the constitution. Whether this is true or not can be argued at length another time and decided on by this assembly, for now though I shall do my best to represent the ideals of this union and interpret the constitution in this matter.”

He paused for a second, letting the quiet hang over the assembly, before continuing. “I believe that each nation is required to send ten persons as representatives to this union, and no less. However because of the troubles that have set us at odds with each other, for which I share part of the blame, I believe that we can and should allow the single representative of Sil Dorsett to represent their nation at this, and only this, meeting until such a time as they can properly appoint a full delegation. Ms Covington’s argument is sound and I can see no fault in sending a single rep when the issue of what to do about their full delegacy is still undecided. If anyone wishes to appeal this decision please contact my office.

“Now is there any further debate on the proposals?”

lKvmynq.png

Following a motion to end debate, the discussion phase of this session has now ended. The Phoenix Union Parliament will now begin voting on the motions presented this session. Below may be found the voting codes. This vote will end at May 10 2018, 12:00 AM.

The motions to be voted on are as follows:

QEfERKp.png

1. Article Four of the Phoenix Union Constitution is amended to read as follows:
Article 4 of the Phoenix Union Constitution:
Any attack by a non-Union member against a Phoenix Union member state is considered an attack against them all. This Constitution mandates that all member states take measures to defend the member state being attacked. However, the mutual defense obligation is only enacted if the attack against the member is unjustified.

If the attack by the member state against the non-member state is purely aggressive and is not backed by sufficient reasoning, however, the sufficiency of which shall be judged by Parliament, Parliament may vote to deprive the aggressive member state in question of Phoenix Union membership.

If an attack by a member state against a member state is backed by sufficient reasoning, the sufficiency of which shall be judged by Parliament, the Union shall work to achieve peace between the two parties. However, the member state in question shall subsequently be called before Parliament for questioning, and, if found guilty of baseless aggression, or if they refuse to even come for questioning, they shall deprived of Phoenix Union membership then the Parliament may vote to deprive the aggressive member state of its Phoenix Union membership.

Phoenix Union Collective Defense Agreement:
1. Any attack by a non-Union member directly against a Phoenix Union member state that is a signatory to this agreement is considered an attack against all signatories. This Agreement mandates that all signatories take measures to defend the signatory being attacked. However, the mutual defense obligation is only enacted if the attack against the signatory is unjustified.

2. Signatories to this agreement are not obligated to come to the defense of a non-signatory nation, nor can a non-signatory nation be compelled to come to the defense of a signatory or another non-signatory nation.

VOTING CODE:

Code:
[b]NATION:[/b] (INSERT NATION NAME HERE)

1. Proposed Phoenix Union Flag Modernization: <YES | NO>

2. Ammendment to Article 4 of the Constitution: <YES | NO>

Accept New Member(s):
1). Motion to accept Highton into the Union: <YES | NO>

NATION: Syrixian Empire

1. Proposed Phoenix Union Flag Modernization: YES

2. Ammendment to Article 4 of the Constitution: YES

Accept New Member(s):
1). Motion to accept Highton into the Union: YES

NATION: The Principality of Sil Dorsett

2. Amendment to Article 4 of the Constitution: YES

Accept New Member(s):

Marianne originally cast a No vote for Highton's admission, but seeing that her Omnibus Collective Defense Consent Bill was likely to pass, she gambled that it would be safe to change the No vote and still meet her requirements. So, she submitted an amended ballot before time expired.

NATION: Kingom of Arrandal

1. Proposed Phoenix Union Flag Modernization: <YES>

2. Ammendment to Article 4 of the Constitution: <NO>

Accept New Member(s):
1). Motion to accept Highton into the Union: <YES>

NATION: Xentherida

2. Ammendment to Article 4 of the Constitution: YES

Accept New Member(s):

NATION: Malorian Empire

1. Proposed Phoenix Union Flag Modernization: <YES>

2. Ammendment to Article 4 of the Constitution: <YES>

Accept New Member(s):
1). Motion to accept Highton into the Union: <NO>

lKvmynq.png

Voting is now closed.

The votes have been counted, and the Proposed Phoenix Union Flag Modernization and Ammendment to Article 4 of the Constitution has passed and is now PU law. The Motion to accept Highton into the Union has also passed.

VOTES:

1. Proposed Phoenix Union Flag Modernization: Ayes: 5, Nays: 0 (Passed)

2. Ammendment to Article 4 of the Constitution: Ayes: 4, Nays: 1, (Passed)

3. Motion to accept Highton into the Union: Ayes: 4, Nays: 1, (Passed)

This session is adjourned.

-Alvydas Drakoviak, The Kingdom of Arrandal

VdTOaZJ.png

Following the final passage of the Omnibus Collective Defense Consent Bill, The Principality of Sil Dorsett, pursuant to Article 1 of the Phoenix Union Constitution, is exercising its right to opt-out of the Phoenix Union Collective Defense Agreement. The Principality recognizes that this action relieves the remainder of the Phoenix Union from any requirement to come to its aid in the event of military conflict.

bjLByb8.png

Acting Ambassador to the Phoenix Union​

lKvmynq.png

By my authority as Grand Presiding Officer, I hereby call to order the twelfth session of the Phoenix Parliament.

Members may post their proposals and/or agendae for the meeting and may discuss them. When discussion dies down a member may motion for voting to start.

-The Hon. Alvydas Drakoviak of The Kingdom of Arrandal

“First order of business is Benolia’s application as an observer to the Union. They kindly submitted a Dossier on their nation. Please take a moment to look it over and then I’ll open the floor for discussion and proposals.”

Chirag stood.

"Thank you, sir. I would like to begin by stating the Empire's support for Benolian admittance. The Benolian Republic fits the criteria to be an observer state, and its dossier is in-depth and informative; and in our opinion it definitely checks out. In addition, they have not engaged in any objectionable activity in recent history; in short, they are no Scallendovia."

Lucie Marquette prepared to speak, the speech she and the other Hightonian delegates had prepared the day before in hand. Although a bit nervous, she began.

"Firstly, I'd like to thank the other members of the Phoenix Union for supporting Hightonian acceptance into this union. Second, Highton would like to make known it's support for Benolia's admission as an observer, as it is a nation we have close ties with and where I myself had previously lived as an ambassador. I encourage the other nations in this room to also vote in favor of this."

"But today the most important thing that I have to add is a major proposal- a new constitution for the Union. It has been clear that the current constitution is relatively outdated and has many gaps and holes. Highton has co-written a new constitution with the Syrixians which we hope will build on and improve the current one. On behalf on the Crowned Republic of Highton, I’d like to ask the delegates of this Parliament to support the adoption of this new and improved constitution."

Marianne never showed up to the meeting. Nor did the rest of her delegation. Instead, a courier came in with a letter addressed to the union at-large.

To the constituent states of the Phoenix Union:
VdTOaZJ.png
Notice of Immediate Withdrawal

The Government of The Principality of Sil Dorsett has conducted a review of our involvement in the Phoenix Union. Despite having successfully altered the constitution to allow for an opt-out of the Collective Defense Agreement and satisfying the will of our people to have that burden removed, the government has noted that throughout our membership period we have opted out of every agreement the Phoenix Union has offered, including the International Free Travel Zone agreement and the Phoenix Continental Railway agreement in addition to the Collective Defense Agreement.

The government has come to the conclusion that continued membership in the Phoenix Union is of no benefit to the Principality, and thus we in the Regency have decided to issue the previously failed National Sovereignty Act of 2018 by Royal Decree. By Unanimous Decision, we hereby withdraw from the Phoenix Union.

We hope that this is not the end of international relationships between the Principality and the constituent states of the Phoenix Union, and we encourage continued cooperation on an individual basis.

ULZIcS7.png

Letter:
ZpoZiGN.png

Foreign Office
Alexandria

To whom it may concern:

President Gabris has made it clear that he sees no reason for Benolian representatives to sit in on your sessions. He has ordered our Ministry to reverse the decision of my predecessor to apply for Phoenix Union observership. I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this causes you.

Yours,

Nikolaos Kotzias
Foreign Minister

To whom it may concern:

His Imperial Majesty's Government petitions the Phoenix Union and its Officials, designated to hear these petitions, to accept Drusselstein to the Phoenix Union to facilitate trade and cooperation among us and Members of the Union.

Drusselsteinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

(OOC: It appears that you do not have a map claim. To be eligible for membership you must be on either the continent of Craviter or Collandris. If you want to join, you should make a map claim and have that claim be on those continents.)

"Are there any other opinions on the proposed new constitution?" Chirag asked. "The hall has been abnormally silent. If no one has anything else to comment then I can motion for a vote, but I figured it only proper to ask first."

OcxPJ9f.png

By my authority as Grand Presiding Officer, I hereby commence the fourth Phoenix Union Grand Presiding Officer Election. Candidacy declarations will begin now and will continue until August 10th.

Associated Member States may run and vote. Observer States are not allowed to vote or run. When voting, do not vote for your own nation. The election will begin on August 11th and last for five days. A short campaign statement may be posted below by nations who wish to submit one.

-Alvydas Drakoviac, the Kingdom of Arrandal

Alvydas finished the election announcement and then again addressed the assembly. “I must inform you that I will not be seeking re-election for this term. It has been an honor to serve and lead these past six months but I can no longer maintain the time requirements of this position. Thank you.”

Chirag stood. "I'd like to, firstly, thank Mr. Drakoviac for his time and honored service in our union's position of leadership." he said, before pausing.

"With that being said, the Union marches ever forward, and it is time to select another individual to fill the position in which he so duly served."

"I'd like to declare my candidacy for that spot."

Lucie Marquette began to speak. "Thank you Mr. Drakoviac for serving as Grand Presiding Officer. It has been an honor to serve on this council with you at the helm. However, there always comes a time when terms end and a successor must be chosen, which I why I am speaking right now.

"I, Ms. Lucie Marquette, the Lead Delegation from the Crowned Republic of Highton to the Phoenix Union, would like to announce my candidacy to fill the role occupied by Mr. Drakoviac. Although Highton is new to the this Union, we have observed many ways in which the Union could progress and unite to be stronger. The Phoenix Union is in a state of change right now, and the new constitution that has been proposed will be critical for the continuity of this Union. May the Phoenix rise again from the ashes of the old constitution and into a new era, with a stronger, safer, more united Phoenix Union!"

OcxPJ9f.png

The declaration and campaign periods of the 4th GPO election has ended. Voting has now begun. Below may be found the voting codes.

VOTING CODE:

Code:
[b]NATION:[/b] (INSERT NATION NAME HERE)
[b]GRAND PRESIDING OFFICER:[/b] < Syrixia | Highton | Abstain >

NATION: Kingdom of Arrandal
GRAND PRESIDING OFFICER: < Syrixia >

OcxPJ9f.png

The voting period of this election has ended. The Honorable Chirag Thakur of The Syrixian Empire has been elected as the Grand Presiding Officer of the Phoenix Union.

August 2018 Grand Presiding Officer Election Results:

Syrixia: 1, Abstain: 4 (Elected)

9BX7NAY.png
From the Office of the Secretary for Foreign Affairs​

Under the reign of His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Keizer Alexander IV it Maloria joined the Phoenix Union in the hopes to further it’s goal of camaraderie and brotherhood with the rest of the nations of Craviter and on the Phoenix Strait. This however unfortunately has not come to pass and has in the opinion of Maloria done nothing but hurt it’s sense of fellowship and relations with those that they once considered friends along with those who they feel could’ve been allies. It has failed to protect the member states that make it up and has in turn fallen far lower then it should have alongside a lack of membership and influence that it once enjoyed.

Maloria is a new age with a new emperor and this time calls for change and not the status quo. Maloria’s time in the union has been smaller than others but it has had monumental affects on it and it’s people. It is a new time and with the old order gone it is time for change. The opinion of his majesty in unison with that of the Chancellor and the government is that in hopes more negative repercussions do not field against us, Maloria will hereby be leaving the Phoenix Union.

Signed
Vladyslav Feodosijovych
Secretary for Foreign Affairs

Back