Low Yerän - National Language of Yeraennus

MacSalterson

TNPer
Pronouns
They/Them
For the past few months, I've found a new addiction that has eaten up much of my free time, fun as it is. I've gotten into conlanging, or the construction of new languages. My main project, ignoring small concepts I've screwed around with for a week or so, has been Low Yeraenn (Yerän), one of the two major ethnic languages in my nation. I've decided to present it to The North Pacific RP community for perusal and so you can shower me in praise provide feedback. Here's the link to the full folder: Low Yerän. Here's a link to the introductory slideshow, which I recommend viewing: Introduction to Low Yerän. If you would like to see your country's name Yeränized, please poke me and I'll add it to the list :)

Criticism, senseless praise of my linguistic genius, and feedback, are welcome.

Yerän Script
cPYTgn5.jpg

Amazing! I tried to make a language for Syrixia once; it turned into gibberish. XD

Can you add Syrixia's name in Low Yeraenn, please? :D If you do, be sure to base it on Syrixia's native name, Sihai. Syrixia is the Mercanti name.

Sierra is actually quite simple, unlike a few names on here. I'd write it as Sïyera.

It took me a couple months to get it to this stage, with off-and-on work. This includes learning the basics of Phonology and linguistics.

Awesome!

I like linguistics a lot, I've partially created languages for a couple short stories I've wrote, and at some point wanted to make up some sort of "Avalonish" language, which is mostly a joke for now.

Low Yeraenn looks very complicated but is consistent and predictable (as in, easier to read than Enligsh lol)

How would you say Avalon in Low Yeraenn? and Avalonish/ Avalonian? how would you say "hello", "please" and "thanks"?

Yea... see... I have the patience and free time to burn down my Factbook and re-write it if need be but this is on a whole different level of having too much free time. Very impressive.

Lennart:
Awesome!

I like linguistics a lot, I've partially created languages for a couple short stories I've wrote, and at some point wanted to make up some sort of "Avalonish" language, which is mostly a joke for now.

Low Yeraenn looks very complicated but is consistent and predictable (as in, easier to read than Enligsh lol)

How would you say Avalon in Low Yeraenn? and Avalonish/ Avalonian? how would you say "hello", "please" and "thanks"?
Avalon does not actually violate any rules for Low Yeraenn, so it might stay Avalon. However, the o in Low Yerän is closer to an 'uh' (IPA /?/ for clarity) sound than the 'aw' (IPA /?/ for clarity) sound, and no other vowel quite matches that o sound, so the closest you'd get would be Avalan. Either way is fine, really.

Thanks Kalti. I already have all three of your nations, though Callaici is getting removed, correct?

Xenth, yours is in the doc. It's Zenþerïda, which is rather close to what I imagine it's pronounced as normally, unless you're using that x to represent the IPA /x/, which is close to the ch in loch or gh in ugh.

That's correct.

One of the major points I'm re-writing that the people of Kalti historically refer to themselves as the Scions of Kaltias (in reference to the Kaltias Tribe which was the major power among the ancient Kaltian people) which over time got shortened into the modern name of Kalti. On the other end is Andalucia where the people historically refer to themselves as the People of Andaluc (in reference to the Andaluc Tribe that rose to a position of prominence after the departure of the Kaltian people).

So I'm curious to see how the following names would translate into Low Yeran:
- Kalti
- Scions of Kaltias
- Andalucia
- People of Andaluc

Edit: I saw in your folder that you already have Kalti and Andalucia translated. I'm curious to see the historical names / references translated.

Scions of Kaltias would probably translate to kaltïyaK?yavoram, and People of Andaluc would probably be andaluyaZïðe.

I forgot to answer the second question set of yours, Lennart. Hello is formally "Ço'äraz?" (I am greeting you), but informally just a head nod and a click sound, usually dental. I haven't decided on please and thank you yet.

Nice! I really like the characters.

How would you say the Imperial Republic of Goyanes and Goyanean

-Goyanes

Back