resignation

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Dear all,

I was very honoured and excited when Lord Ravenclaw spoke with me about being minister of communications. I had lots of ideas about improving the communication of our region.

As some of you will know, part of my real life (tm) is spent in the world of politics, and the referendum campaign and the unexpected Brexit result has resulted in an exponential increase in the demands in that area of my life. What limited time i have for Nationstates has been swallowed up by Admin tasks, which has meant that i have been extremely neglectful of the ministerial role i was given. Although I have kept hoping that the situation would improve, this looks unlikely in the short to medium term.

I have been extremely critical in the past of inactive ministers, and it would be hypocritical of me to let this situation continue for the sake of a shiny badge. I offered my resignation to Lord Ravenclaw some weeks ago, But i think that now, for the sake in integrity, i must insist that i be allowed to step down as Minister of Communications.

This should not be interpreted in any way as a lack of support for Lord Ravenclaw, whom i still support wholeheartedly as delegate, nor of his government, who are a fine bunch. I wish my replacement every success in conveying to the wider NS world what a cracking region this is.

Thank you Flemingovia. I did privately consider who could take over Communications but am yet to make a final decision. (I'm taking the suggestions I've received with a pinch of salt)

Back