New recommendation drafting?

My wifi went down right after I posted the voting thread, and I need to run off to work now that it's back up. However, we have teh current proposal at vote, and we also have another one upcoming. Any volunteers to take point on trying to get recommendations drafted?

I'm sorry for not staying on top of these, but I was on vacation, and I completely forgot to tell you! I'm going to try to get some recommendations done in the next couple of days.

Sounds good. I was away for a long weekend, and it's been a grind getting caught back up.

There's a GA proposal that has 2 hours to get 3 more approvals, so I'm keeping an eye on it. I don't think that it'll make it ... but it might be close.

Hi %NATION%!

There are currently two World Assembly resolutions At Vote, and the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs in The North Pacific hopes that you find the content of this Information for World Assembly Voters telegram useful in determining how to cast your vote.

SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION AT VOTE - Commend Lone Wolves United
Regional Forum Thread: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7590840/
Voting Recommendation: Against

This text, in its extreme brevity, fails to offer sufficient support for why a Commendation is merited. While LWU may deserve a Commendation, this proposal text is wholly unpersuasive and should be redrafted to better demonstrate worthiness.

How has LWU shown a commitment to peace? When and where has LWU protect[ed] the innocent ? Those elements may be worth of commendation, but more details are necessary to provide support of these nebulous, non-descriptive statements.

For all these reasons, we recommend a vote against this commendation.

GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION AT VOTE - Repeal "Foreign Patent Recognition"
Regional Forum Thread: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7590834/
Voting Recommendation: For

Written by [nation=short]Malashaan Colony[/short]:
"For [the target resolution] to even have a chance of being functional, it would need to provide far tighter definitions of the terms. There are so many ways this could be abused. For example, there is apparently nothing to stop the old school practice of "submarining," where a patent application and examination process extends over many years, enabling a member to state to issue patents on unpatented technologies long after invention. Every other member state would then be required to recognize the patent from the first member state for 10 years. This, among other reasons, is why the standard in patent systems around the world is now to measure the lifetime of a patent from when it was filed, not when it issues.

"In short, this is an absolutely terrible piece of legislation that attempts to deal with incredibly complex and nuanced issues in a handful of (poorly conceived) paragraphs."

For all these reasons, we recommend a vote for the repeal, to remove the troublesome legislation from enforcement.

===
Other information

The Delegate exercises the regional vote based on the results of the forum threads linked above. All World Assembly nations in the region can take part there, so make sure to do so!

As usual, please consider endorsing Delegate [nation=short]Lord Ravenclaw[/nation], if you have not already done so. The more endorsements he has, the more votes The North Pacific has, and the stronger the voice of our region within the World Assembly is!

If you're no longer interested in receiving "Information for World Assembly Voters" telegrams, please edit your Telegram Preferences and adjust the frequency with with you receive "WA Campaign" telegrams accordingly.

If you have any questions about the current resolution at vote or the "Information for World Assembly voters" program, please feel free to contact our Delegate [nation=short]Lord Ravenclaw[/nation] or myself!

Cheers,
[nation=short]MousePony[/nation]
Minister of WA Affairs

Code:
Hi %NATION%!

There are currently two World Assembly resolutions At Vote, and the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs in The North Pacific hopes that you find the content of this Information for World Assembly Voters telegram useful in determining how to cast your vote.

[b]SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION AT VOTE - [url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=sc]Commend Lone Wolves United[/url][/b]
Regional Forum Thread: [b][u]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7590840/[/u][/b]
Voting Recommendation: [b]Against[/b]

[spoiler=Rationale]This text, in its extreme brevity, fails to offer sufficient support for why a Commendation is merited. While LWU may deserve a Commendation, this proposal text is wholly unpersuasive and should be redrafted to better demonstrate worthiness.

How has LWU shown a [i]commitment to peace[/i]? When and where has LWU [i]protect[ed] the innocent[/i] ? Those elements may be worth of commendation, but more details are necessary to provide support of these nebulous, non-descriptive statements.

[b]For all these reasons, we recommend a vote [u]against[/u] this commendation.[/b]

**[/spoiler]

[b]GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION AT VOTE - [url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=ga]Repeal "Foreign Patent Recognition"[/url][/b]
Regional Forum Thread: [b][u]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7590834/[/u][/b]
Voting Recommendation: [b]For[/b]

[spoiler=Rationale][i]Written by [nation=short]Malashaan Colony[/short]:[/i]
"For [the target resolution] to even have a chance of being functional, it would need to provide far tighter definitions of the terms. There are so many ways this could be abused. For example, there is apparently nothing to stop the old school practice of "submarining," where a patent application and examination process extends over many years, enabling a member to state to issue patents on unpatented technologies long after invention. Every other member state would then be required to recognize the patent from the first member state for 10 years. This, among other reasons, is why the standard in patent systems around the world is now to measure the lifetime of a patent from when it was filed, not when it issues.

"In short, this is an absolutely terrible piece of legislation that attempts to deal with incredibly complex and nuanced issues in a handful of (poorly conceived) paragraphs."

[b]For all these reasons, we recommend a vote [u]for[/u] the repeal, to remove the troublesome legislation from enforcement.[/b]

===[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other Information][u]Other information[/u]

The Delegate exercises the regional vote based on the results of the forum threads linked above. All World Assembly nations in the region can take part there, so make sure to do so!

As usual, [b]please consider endorsing Delegate [nation=short]Lord Ravenclaw[/nation][/b], if you have not already done so. The more endorsements he has, the more votes The North Pacific has, and the stronger the voice of our region within the World Assembly is!

If you're no longer interested in receiving "Information for World Assembly Voters" telegrams, please edit your [url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=tgsettings][b]Telegram Preferences[/b][/url] and adjust the frequency with with you receive "WA Campaign" telegrams accordingly.[/spoiler]

If you have any questions about the current resolution at vote or the "Information for World Assembly voters" program, please feel free to contact our Delegate [nation=short]Lord Ravenclaw[/nation] or myself!

Cheers,
[nation=short]MousePony[/nation]
[i]Minister of WA Affairs[/i]

Back