2017 Northern Cup Qualification (CLOSED)

Lorbank

TNPer
NjNOKdR.png
The next year's Northern Cup qualification starts in 2 months!
Before the qualification starts, there's need to be a nation who hosts this competition. The host won't need to attend on qualification, but it will be drawn to a group and it will play friendlies with the group's members. The host will be elected.

Application for hosting: July 1st - July 30th
Election: July 31st - August 10th
Requirements for hosting: application, 5 newly-built or renovated stadiums (which the applicant has to post), security.

The amount of groups and qualification matches will depend on the number of participants. For a team there will be a home and an away match. Every applicant has to insert an image about its home stadium.

Application for attendance: July 1st - August 10th
Draw: August 11th

The issue of tiebreakers is still opened. We must discuss which tiebreaker is stronger than the others. Only the number of points is fixed as the first tiebreaker. Here are some options for the sequence of tiebreakers:

- superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question
- higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question
- superior goal difference in all group matches;
- higher number of goals scored in all group matches

(Please sort these options!)

Tiebreakers:
1. Number of points

1. Hermaes

1. Lorbank
2. Sierra

- Player Names (so I can write more detailed reports on the games.)

- Player Pictures (so they can be used in dispatches.)

- Team Kits (for the announcement dispatch.)

- Team Manager (so I could add that to the announcement dispatch.)

- Team Skill Points (for the nations who played in the most recent tournament.)

- Sponsors (so I could add those to the announcement dispatch.)

- Stadiums (I see you've already taken that into account.)

- Referees (this would be a nice addition to all of the current information.)

- Team Profiles (independant reports on each team.)

- Top Goalscorers and Assists (so we could show who performed the best.)

- Match Reports (individual reports on each game.)

- More writers (people who would write reports on the tournament.)

I was intending on using the qualification time to collect more team information. Is there any chance that we could redraft the application thread so that we can make it look a bit more detailed?

Kasch:
I was intending on using the qualification time to collect more team information. Is there any chance that we could redraft the application thread so that we can make it look a bit more detailed?
What kind of information do you think of?

Hermaes applies for hosting.
The Stadiums are:
International Olympic Center "Atlas" (renovated)
"Akrotiri" Stadium (new)
The Great Stadium of Hermes (renovated)
Arena "Palace Pegassu" (new)
"Port Omercum" Athletic Hall (renocated)

dnom76.jpg

Security: The National Police Forces at 80% of man power will be focused on achieving a great and safe Northern Cup. Also those who will be leading security during the Cup will be the E.?.? (engl. Hermesian Agency of Information) which is something like CIA and FBI combined.

Lorbank:
Kasch:
I'm going to make a roster like I did for the Northern Cup, that is why I said that I needed to have more information on each of the teams. I think we should start this again, since I can't draw anything from the application that you've put forward. I am not saying that it is bad or not good enough, all I am saying is that we need to spend more time preparing the processes of the tournament.

Kasch:
Lorbank:
Kasch:
I'm going to make a roster like I did for the Northern Cup, that is why I said that I needed to have more information on each of the teams. I think we should start this again, since I can't draw anything from the application that you've put forward. I am not saying that it is bad or not good enough, all I am saying is that we need to spend more time preparing the processes of the tournament.
So don't you want to have a qualification?
It's wierd that a tournament is held without qualification...

And I still don't know what kind of "more" information do you need... :/

Lorbank:
Kasch:
Lorbank:
Kasch:
So don't you want to have a qualification?
It's wierd that a tournament is held without qualification...

And I still don't know what kind of "more" information do you need... :/
Have a look at how I kept all of the information on the teams during this tournament. And yes, of course I'd like to have qualification as a precursor to the next Northern Cup, but we really don't need qualification this early. It'd be better to see qualification starting in a few months time.

Why would we start qualification signups when I haven't even finished the first Northern Cup? I'd love to have your help setting everything up, but right now we don't need to start getting nations signing up. This needed more preparation in my opinion, I wanted to add so much more to the tournament. I had so many ideas, and if you wanted to know what kind of information I needed:

- Player Names (so I can write more detailed reports on the games.)

- Player Pictures (so they can be used in dispatches.)

- Team Kits (for the announcement dispatch.)

- Team Manager (so I could add that to the announcement dispatch.)

- Team Skill Points (for the nations who played in the most recent tournament.)

- Sponsors (so I could add those to the announcement dispatch.)

- Stadiums (I see you've already taken that into account.)

- Referees (this would be a nice addition to all of the current information.)

- Team Profiles (independant reports on each team.)

- Top Goalscorers and Assists (so we could show who performed the best.)

- Match Reports (individual reports on each game.)

- More writers (people who would write reports on the tournament.)

The list could go on.

Okay, I give ground to Kasch's request...

Time for host application is extended until 30th of July
Time of election is delayed to 31st of July - 10th of August

Time for attendance application is extended until 10th of August
Time of draw is delayed to 11th of August

Moreover, the participants have to fill out the questions what Kasch wrote

Lorbank:

Should the nations applying for hosting, fill out the questions too?

Lorbank:

I'd still love to have your help Lorbank! I can see that you are passionate about the tournament and that you want to help out! Please don't think that I am shutting you out or anything, I just want to make the tournament more interesting and detailed. I'd really like to have your help with next years tournament, so please don't see this as an attempt to shut down your ideas. I am going to fully take in and listen to any of your ideas.

A new qualification thread will be posted shortly, wait until later today if you want to apply for a position within the qualifying stages of the tournament. I will be writing out a factbook/dispatch later on detailing the requirements of the application. Standby for now, nothing is official just yet. Everything will be cleared up in a few hours.

Lorbank, I will be away until the 15th of July so it would be great if you could keep a note of all the applications somewhere so that when I come back I can start working on the roster. All of those who have currently applied will have to apply again, but with the requirements of the application thread that I will be making. The suggestions in the list above are NOT official requirements, they are optional requirements, with only a couple of them being required.

Lorbank for now will be granting and accepting any new applications until I get back on the 15th. Please share the new thread on gameside so that more people can find it.

In further information, an official signup thread will not be created until the 15th of July (when I get back) so please do not make any applications until then.

Kasch:
In further information, an official signup thread will not be created until the 15th of July (when I get back) so please do not make any applications until then.
Alright...

Back