Discord
Praetor#6889
mofa_seal.png

THE NORTH PACIFIC
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

26th June 2016
Magicality City, The North Pacific

Weekly Report:

As per Lord Ravenclaw's Standing Orders to the Minister of Foreign Affairs (me), each week on Sunday a report on the week's progress is to be made in the Executive Council Chambers (here). This is the thread for such reports as well as any inquiries regarding my work in previous weeks. For the sake of accountability, I am also including what I hope to be accomplished in the coming weeks as well as Lord Ravenclaw's Standing Orders. I appreciate any feedback given.

Executive Staff applications should be processed within 48 hours of the application being made - by the Minister, a Deputy Minister or a Senior Diplomat.

Senior Diplomats are those in the Diplomatic Corps who are experienced, knowledgeable and respected Diplomats operating as part of The North Pacific's Executive. They serve to advise the Delegate, Minister and Executive Council on Foreign Affairs and current events pertaining to allies of The North Pacific. In times of crisis for a foreign partner, they will be the first representatives we send in to try and gather information about that situation. They can be found in Hyacinth House and also work on the training for each new Diplomat. As Minister, it is your job to staff this department of Foreign Affairs.

As Minister you should be constantly working to ensure that our Diplomats are actively learning about the NationStates World. There should be regular sessions between you and your Diplomats where you ask how their week has been, answer any questions they have look at plans for the week ahead.

There are threads which need to be updated and fleshed out.

Work on a list of achievements for the Diplomats: give them something to display in their signature for service. A badge for 1 month service, 2 months service, 6 months service, a years service etc. First Report, 10th report etc. As Minister you need to keep your Ministry alive, and you have the means to appoint the staff to help you do so, and can ask the Executive Council to assist if necessary.

I want a report, weekly from you about the status of Foreign Affairs & Embassies, new Diplomats, the state of the initial training for those Diplomats and any changes in appointments posted in the Executive Council Chambers.

Embassies which have not seen activity in six months are to be closed, providing the region in question isn't a GCR or a treaty ally.

In-game Embassy requests should be rejected unless the region holds an embassy on our forum, and has contacted one of us prior to the request being sent - when in doubt, check.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Channel on the Executive Server

06-22-16 To 06-25-16

This week I have mainly gotten adjusted to the Ministry and the various new buttons I can now press. I have however gotten around to working through our inactive embassies as well as applications to the Executive Staff. The following individuals applications to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have been approved and included in the Diplomatic Corps Group.
  • Aragnatim
  • Kasch
  • Molgradea
  • Gradea
  • The Great White South
  • Cronaal
Honestly, I am not pleased with my progress this week. I was hoping to send out my Opening Statement and Roll Call last week as well as messages to two of our allies. I even intended to publish this this morning. It took me longer than expected to get around to that; I will accredit that to well, everything. Although I doubt it is of interest, I have learned various technical aspects and have been briefed by you on a significant number of subjects. I've learnt that it takes a lot more time to type up stuff that I hope it would.

Regardless, this coming week, I intend to send those messages I haven't, post my opening statement, determine which members are inactive, assign new members to regions without ambassadors and begin working on formally restructuring the Diplomatic Corps organization once the Roll Call is complete.

Thanks Praetor - you're going good work so far. Keep us up to date and please make it clear if you need us to chip in anywhere.

06-26-16 To 07-02-16
So I did even worse this week posting my report. *sigh* :headbang: This week I've posted my Opening Statement and Roll Call.
I've denied Embassy Applications for the Reaper Council (missing criteria) and Rossferry (is dying is the shortest reason of many) and informed The Kingdom of Great Britain they already have an embassy with us.
Applications to the Executive Staff accepted are two:
  • Hesskin Empire
  • Hermaes
This coming week, I hope to create two new threads to address how we organize our members and our relationships with other nations. I haven't posted it in Hyacinth House because they are mostly tables that I am still organizing. I plan to assign ambassadors to regions that don't have them and update it. I'm going to remove members from the Diplomatic Corps who have not answered the roll call barring a few exceptions. I hope to manage to persuade the Cabinet (you guys :P ) that a treaty with Lazarus would be worth it. I am also feeling out certain members of the Diplomatic Corps to see whether they would be willing to assist me in matters such as organization and providing direct feedback.

Thank you Praetor.

How do you feel that you have performed over the last week?

Not as well as I should have.

I could offer excuses but that's useless, the best way to address it is by doing better this week.

It's Sunday in some parts of the world.
07-03-16 To 07-09-16
This week I am actually content with my progress within the Ministry.
I have removed the following nations from the Ministry, they were/are all members or residents.
  • baybarsch
  • Embrines
  • James
  • Mr Insanity
  • Sauceistan
  • Scukey1
  • The Great White South
I have accepted the following nations into the Ministry.
  • Aznaz
Hermaes has been assigned as the liaison between the Ministry of Culture and Foreign Affairs. They show that they may be promising in the future.
The following changes of ambassadors has taken place.
  • Mister Masses has been assigned Equilism
  • 21micfol has been assigned the Kingdom of Alexandria
  • Hesskin Empire has been assigned The New Galactic Empire
  • Bootsie has been removed from Albion at his request
  • Cronaal has been assigned Albion at his request
  • Aragnatim has been assigned Wintreath
All of the ambassadors have introduce themselves in their respective region and have posted their letters of credence. :) I will also note that Aragnatim volunteered to write a letter for me that I will check first before it is used. Aragnatim seems promising as well.
I have created two new threads in order to organize the Ministry. The first is the Staff thread. This is the list of every Executive Staff member in Foreign Affairs, who they are ambassador for, who they have relations with and whether they have answered the Roll Call. I will eliminate the latter category in a while. I hope to expand this to include information such as whether they are on Discord and any skills they may have. This serves so at a glance we are able to find relevant information about each ambassador. The second thread is the Region thread. I will be using this foremost to ensure that every region has an ambassador. I also hope to expand this to serve the same purpose as the former but for regions in lieu. Some of the information is redundant between threads but the difference is their organization.
I have also created threads to address a potential Lazarus treaty as well as a possible conference run by Grand Central.
I've communicated with the delegates of Equilism and Warzone Europe regarding a potential security threat. It has hopefully been passed but in the event of support needed, Equilism will request reinforcements. They have been quite appreciative of the information.
I've joined half a dozen Discord servers run by other regions; they have all been welcoming and I've met a lot of people. As a side note, Lord Ravenclaw's servers are the prettiest ones.
Finally, I have managed to do this report before Sunday so I am thrilled about that.
I am forgetting something to do. I forget what but it's not terribly important. But still somewhat.
In this coming week, I hope to remember what I forget. I may have mentioned it to someone, if I did, please remind me. :/
I plan to respond to Lazarus as well as decide upon the conference hosted by Grand Central.
We have several vacancies of ambassadors in regions. I am hoping to persuade new members of the forum to pick them up.

For the Regional Assembly:

Code:
[font=trebuchet ms][big][b]07-03-16 To 07-10-16[/b][/big]
This week has been pretty productive within the Ministry.
I have removed the following nations from the Ministry, they were/are all members or residents.
[list]
[*]baybarsch
[*]Embrines
[*]James
[*]Mr Insanity
[*]Sauceistan
[*]Scukey1
[*]The Great White South[/list]
I have accepted the following nations into the Ministry.[list]
[*]Aznaz[/list]
Hermaes has been assigned as the liaison between the Ministry of Culture and Foreign Affairs. 
The following changes of ambassadors has taken place.
[list]
[*]Mister Masses has been assigned Equilism
[*]21micfol has been assigned the Kingdom of Alexandria
[*]Hesskin Empire has been assigned The New Galactic Empire
[*]Bootsie has been removed from Albion at his request
[*]Cronaal has been assigned Albion at his request
[*]Aragnatim has been assigned Wintreath
[/list]
All of the ambassadors have introduced themselves in their respective region and have posted their letters of credence. :) I will also note that Aragnatim volunteered to write a letter for me.
I have created two new threads in order to organize the Ministry. The first is the Staff thread. This is the list of every Executive Staff member in Foreign Affairs, who they are ambassador for, who they have relations with and whether they have answered the Roll Call. I will eliminate the latter category in a while. I hope to expand this to include information such as whether they are on Discord and any skills they may have. This serves so at a glance we are able to find relevant information about each ambassador. The second thread is the Region thread. I will be using this foremost to ensure that every region has an ambassador. I also hope to expand this to serve the same purpose as the former but for regions in lieu. Some of the information is redundant between threads but the difference is their organization.
I have also taken steps to address possible new initiatives between us and other regions.
I've communicated with the delegates of Equilism and Warzone Europe regarding a potential security threat. It has hopefully been passed but in the event of support needed, Equilism will request reinforcements. They have been quite appreciative of the information.
I've joined half a dozen Discord servers run by other regions; they have all been welcoming and I've met a lot of people. As a side note, Lord Ravenclaw's servers are the prettiest ones.

Praetor
 :tnp: 
[/font]

07-10-16 To 07-16-16
This week has mainly been focused on recruiting more nations in the Foreign Affairs. I think I've been able to do that fairly successfully. I hope that with all the fresh new members of the region that have joined at least a few will join Foreign Affairs.
The following nations have been accepted to the Ministry.
  • Proxy of Demescia
  • Frozentophat
  • Antarticeuropa
  • Finn
  • Tacolorandia
  • Malphe
  • Northern Scovia
The following changes have been made to our ambassadors.
  • Frozentophat has been assigned Equinox.
  • YeahJust has been assigned Stargate.
  • Kialga has been removed from Taijitu.
  • Praetor has been assigned Lazarus.
The following individuals are no longer part of the Ministry with their permission or consultation with the Vice-Delegate or Delegate.
  • Kialga
  • Kyorgia
  • Amerion
  • Aleura

mcmasterdonia has been appointed Deputy Minister.
For the next week I'm working on how we do Ambassador Reports as well as hoping to continue to recruit more members for Foreign Affairs.

Praetor is literally the kind of government member I always aspired to be.

Good work. :)

07-17-16 To 07-23-16
I have not made as much progress as I would like but I am still satisfied.
The following individuals have been accepted into the Ministry.
  • Kanudos
  • Jovic
  • Oakster
The following individuals have been removed from the Ministry upon consultation with them or the Vice-Delegate and Delegate.
  • brihimia
The following changes in our ambassadors posting have been made.
  • Finn has been assigned Taijitu
  • Asnaz has been assigned Ainur
  • Asnaz has been assigned Australia
  • Asnaz has been assigned British Isles
  • Asnaz has been assigned European Union
  • Asnaz has been assigned Mordor
  • Asnaz has been assigned The Coalition of Democratic Nations
  • Asnaz has been assigned the Founderless Regions Alliance
  • Hesskin Empire has been assigned The Independent Order
  • Oakster has been assigned Greater Dienstad
  • Antarticeuropa has been assigned The Communist Bloc
  • Northern Scovia has been assigned Europe
I have edited the Staff thread to indicate who is on Discord. I'll try to persuade those not on to join.
We now have approximately half a dozen regions without ambassadors. This week I'll try to fill them out.
I've begun discussion on a different way to do ambassador reports amongst the Senior Diplomats.

07-24-16 To 07-30-16
The following changes have been made to ambassador postings.
  • Hermaes has been assigned Nationstates
  • Proxy of Demescia has been assigned The Independent Order
  • SilentEuphoria has been assigned Lone Wolves United
  • Myroria has been removed from The Land of Kings and Emperors
  • Bootsie has been assigned the West Pacific
I've discovered all of our embassies's Discord servers if they have one. :ph34r: If you'd like one, contact me. :)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has created a short update that has just been released while we wait for an edition of The Northern Lights.
Continuing discussion on changing how we do Ambassador reports.

07-31-16 To 08-06-16
Most of this week has been spent talking to various individuals but I have made the following changes to the ambassadors.
  • Kasch has been assigned The Land of Kings and Emperors
  • Gradea has been assigned The Allied States
I have sent messages to everyone in the Executive Staff who is not on Discord yet to persuade them to join. At this point, we have around 28 individuals on the channel. :) (Post-note: this seems to be working)
I have been talking to Brun and she has provided with me with more information concerning the conference. It will be held on a separate forum and has provided me with a list of regions that are participating: TNP, TSP, TWP, Lazarus, Osiris, Balder, TRR, LKE, TCB, KGB, TGW, TBH, KoA, Albion, anyonereadingthis, Equilism, and Yggdrasil. Despite not being listed I would assume Europeia is attending as well :P
I've been discussing with McM on changing the criteria for having an embassy with us to make it more of a guideline but provide exceptions for unique regions. On that note, would it be possible for me to have the power to edit this?
This week, I hope to finish dealing with the embassy requests and sorting out however it is that we will sort them out in the future.
I also aim to get a few more members into the Ministry but I'm starting to run out of people to persuade into the Ministry. :shrug:

08-07-16 To 08-12-16
I have accepted the following individuals into the Ministry.
  • brihimia
  • Lajikstan
  • Hyronimus
  • Cadmus
  • Kasch has been assigned Vvardenfell
  • Hyronimus has been assigned The Commonwealth of Crowns
Embassies have been accepted with Dellenaria.
More and more members continue to join us on Discord. My power grows... Soon, noone shall stop me! :voldy:
I have released the short update we published a while ago so the general public may read it as well.
Also, requested the movement of an embassy into alphabetical order.
Finally, there is potentially nobody reading this. All according to plan.
Feel like I should mention this was literally posted Sunday morning. :P

08-14-16 To 08-20-16
I have accepted the following individuals into the Ministry.
  • Longcyber1
  • Fip
  • Hughy.c
  • Owenstacey
  • islandsofunity
  • ETDNL
  • Lajikstan has been assigned Dellenaria
  • Longcyber1 has been assigned Terrene
  • Fip has been assigned to Asgard
I've joined the conference for the GCR Democracy Convention thingy. It's very quiet over there.
As of now, every region with which we have an embassy (or will have one), an ambassador has been assigned to them that being said there are people that may need to be removed soon. :winner:
I have engaged in extensive discussions with every major region discussing the plot to coup the Kingdom of Alexandria.

08-21-16 To 08-27-16
The following individuals have been accepted into the Ministry.
  • Junie
  • The Democratic Republic of Tomb
The following individuals have been removed from the Ministry.
  • Sergio86
  • Fip has been assigned Asgard

EDIT: Adding report for last weeks and up to Plembobria reappointing me.:
08-21-16 To 09-13-16
The following individuals have been removed from the Ministry.
  • Kanudos
The following regions have been closed:
  • Asgard
  • Australia
  • British Isles
  • European Union
  • Mordor
  • Terrene
  • The Coalition of Democratic Nations
  • The FRA
  • The New Galactic Empire
  • The New Inquisition