TAS June Update

[img=700,100]http://i.imgur.com/Jfkbg0J.png[/img]​
JUNE DISPATCH

The following is a report composed by the Secretary of State of The Allied States.
Please visit our forums here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Allied_Republics/index/! We love to receive Ambassadors from other regions!​

First things first:
The new Secretary of State is The Rhein States, if I am not posting this, Hello!

I am going to do things a little bit different then my predecessors. All regions shall now receive 2 updates per month from our region, 1 election update and 1 general update that will discuss the states and 1 or 2 other things from our region. This to increase our activity in our embassies.

Secondly, I am committed to do more state visits. We want to build a more solid Foreign Affairs policy and show ourselfs as a committed friend to all our embassy regions. If you are interested in visiting us, please post your interest in your embassy or contact The Rhein States via NS or on the forums via PM.

GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS:

Senate:
SERVING A TWO MONTH TERM
CDland - Republican Party - New California Republic 23 (11%)
Scaperelli - Otaku Party - South 21 (10%)
Gregory Drakan - Independent - South 19 (9.1%)
The Rhein States - Broletarian Party - New California Republic 19 (9.1%)
Imperium - Death to Sanity Party - South 18 (8.6%)

SERVING A ONE MONTH TERM
Brick Alexander - Independent - Holy Britannian Empire 16 (7.7%)
Pepe Drakan - Republican Party - Holy Britannian Empire 15 (7.2%)
Northern Timpetotia - Independent - Holy Britannian Empire 13 (6.2%)
Hunteiria D.- Otaku Party - Holy Britannian Empire 13 (6.2%)

LOST OR RESIGNED
TNR Drakan - Death to Sanity Party - District of the Capital 14 (6.7%) (RESIGNED)
Nosma - Republican Party - South 11 (5.3%)
Materia-Collectus - Otaku Party - Holy Britannian Empire 10 (4.8%)
Wildeboden - Broletarian Party - New California Republic 9 (4.3%)
Tyfan Unon - Republican Party - Holy Britannian Empire 8 (3.8%)

SENATE SPEAKER ELECTIONS

CHANCELLOR ELECTIONS
ROUND 1
Regionia Drakan - Independent - South 11 (33.3%)
RNS - Independent - New California Republic 13 (39.4%)

Trook Washington - Independent - Holy Britannian Empire 9 (27.3%)

Total Turnout: 33

Therefore, Regionia Drakan and RNS will process to a run-off as neither achieved 50% plus one vote to win.

RUN-OFF
RNS - Independent - West 15 (53.6%)
Regionia Drakan - Independent - South 13 (46.4%)

[img=100,100]http://i.imgur.com/9PZLsjF.png[/img]
The Cabinet
Chancellor: RNS (I-W)
Vice Chancellor: CDland (RP-W)
Secretary of State: Rhein States (I-W)
Secretary of Interior: Zachary Drakan (I-S)
Secretary of Treasury: Scaperelli (OP-HBE)
Secretary of Culture: Gregory Drakan (I-S)

[c]
[img=100,100]http://i.imgur.com/QuvyJj3.png[/img]
The Senate
Speaker : Scaperelli (OP-HBE)
Speaker pro tempore: Rhein States (I-W)
At-Large Senator: CDland (RP-W)
At-Large Senator: Scaperelli (OP-HBE)
At-Large Senator: Gregory Drakan (I-S)
At-Large Senator: Rhein States (I-W)
At-Large Senator: Imperium (DSP-S)
At-Large Senator: Brick Alexander (I-HBE)
Western Senator: Pepe Drakan (RP-HBE)
Southern Senator: Hunteiria D. (OP-S)
Britannian Senator: Timpetotia (I-DC)
[c]
[img=100,100]http://i.imgur.com/k7fMzJ7.png[/img]
The Supreme Court
Chief Justice: Imperium (DSP-S)
Associate Justice: Pepe Drakan (RP-HBE)
Associate Justice: Space Drakan (I-W)

Brief summary of the General Elections

Senate
This elections saw 14 candidates competing for 9 seats, 5 serving a two month term and 4 serving a one month term. 12 out of 14 ran a campaign. This campaign saw some interesting slogans being used: "Brick Alexander / A Step Up For The Allied States", "You're going to LOVE ME" (Hunteiria), and my favourite, "TNR Drakan for Senate: Fuck You". A lot of the senators did not run again: Zachary Drakan, John Elwin, Obito, Kastros and Britarvia. This gave rise to some newcomers (people who served once a while back but weren't in the senate this time): Gergory Drakan, The Rhein States, Pepe Drakan, Brick Alexander and Northern Timpetotia. The new senate is a..., a..., eclectic bunch.

Chancellor
Our Chancellor John Elwin left without notice just a week or 2 after the elections. He clearly did not intend to run for reelection :P . 3 candidates ran for the elections: Regionia, RNS and Trook. Also these elections where a bit eclectic. Regionia ran under the slogan "Make the Allied States Great Again!" and with pictures from Donald Trump. Regionia promised to simplify the departments, establishing jury courts, implementing the State Economic RP (also know as The Shitshow) and invest in recruitment. RNS rand under the slogan "Cultural Revolution". He promised to remove PPP (pay per post), Summer games, stamp recruitment and jobs as a replacement to PPP. Trook, a real dinosaur in TAS, ran under the slogan "Back to Basics". Trook wanted to bring back the families (did you wonder why there are so many drakans?), support businesses and bring in recruitment stamps.

The elections where very interesting. Trook could convince 27.3% of the voters which is 6% short of 1/3 (2 votes). After the elections Trook held a concession speech where he acknowledged defeat and endorsed candidate Regionia.

During the run-offs the votes remained 12-12 for Regionia and RNS a very long time. Eventually, RNS won with 15 against 13 from Regionia. This is Regionia's second defeat after last months elections where he lost from John. The endorsement from Trook could not make a difference.

Senate speaker
The race for senate speaker was not very exicting, I am just going to be blunt here. Imperium withdrew as candidate after his appointment as chief justice. Scaperelli automatically became the senate speaker and he assigned Rhein States as the speaker pro tempore.

THE STATES

[img=200,100]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/6/67/FNV_NCR_Flag.png/revision/20110415155723[/img]​
[c]
[img=200,100]http://i.imgur.com/zQdJ8C3.png[/img]​
[c]
[img=200,100]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/althistory/images/e/ee/Holy_Britannian_Imperial_National_Flag.png/revision/latest?cb=20131207050028[/img]​
[c] New Californian Republic [c] Buxton [c] Holy Britannian Empire [c]President: Britarvia
Prime Minister: Space Drakan[c]Governor: Obito Drakan[c]Emperor: Lewis and Daniel

The New Californian Republic has changed its government type from a 'Presidential' to a 'Semi-Presidential' System. In this system the president will be a lifetime position, making this system not much different then that of the Holy Britanian Empire. Britarvia will therefore remain the supreme leader of the NCR and, basically, has full control over the region. Some new members have joined the NCR which makes the region a bit more populated but activity still lacks. The Mojave Assembly has chosen to build a wall with the South in order to keep the rednecks out.

Gregory Drakan did not run for reelection and Obito was the only candidate, so Obito it is. Buxton has seen a mixed month with both people leaving and joining. Scaperelli left for the HBE while Timpetotia joined after leaving the HBE. Buxton also had conflicts with the NCR concerning the wall. The conflict rose so high that it war was imminent but mainly the members of Buxton where fed up by the continous bitching of president Britarvia. The last law that passed was the "Commemorating Imperium Act"

Commemorating Imperium Act:
Due to Imperium's gracious donation of $70,000 to Buxton's military campaign we have greatly expanded our security and prevention of any attacks. He has rid the region of Reg. and supported this state since day one. In light of his superior actions, I hereby ask the Congress of Buxton to commemorate Imperium directly with the: Outstanding Citizen Award

The HBE and the South settled their conflict over disputed states. Kentucky, Virginia and West-Virginia are given back to the South. Kastros left our region. He was a valuable member of the HBE, he will be missed.

Greetings,

The Rhein States
Secretary of State

Nosma Washington
Undersecretary of State

Greetings,

The Rhein States
Secretary of State

Free States
The Guy who Posted this :lol:

Back