[Complete]At Vote:[SC] Condemn Macedonia

Condemn Macedonia
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.
Category: Condemnation
Nominee: Macedonia
Proposed by: Adytus

Description: The Security Council,

Observing that Macedon is condemned by this council; however, the arguments presented by SC # 1 fail to outline all the horrific actions carried out by the condemned party, and this resolution wishes to further outline these offense for generations to come.

Acknowledging the impact Macedonia [and the region of Macedon] has held in the greater scope of world affairs, their monstrous actions a major contribution to the creation of this council, and its mission of spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Noting that Macedonia was one of the first ever invader entities, adopting a win-at-all-costs approach, and conducting themselves with such extremity that even noted invaders of the time period, such as The What of Todd McCloud, condemned them for their actions.

Recognizing the terrible game over situations that Macedonian agents would impose on helpless regions; they would take power for themselves by pretending to befriend natives of a region, place a password on the region, and then brutally force the native community from their home, often with racist gloating involved.

Appalled that the region found the practice of forum crashing acceptable in order to achieve a means; the Macedonians destroyed a region's hub of communication and commerce, and such practice should be universally condemned.

Encouraging good-natured competitiveness amongst rivals, and conflicting forces; the behavior conducted by the condemnable region is highly discouraged by this council, and the international community; Macedonia will serve as an example to this commitment.

Disgusted by the number of regions Macedonia claims as colonies, and has for more than a decade; moreover, these regions hold a particular interest to the international community, their names having great significance to many nations [Belarus, Czech Republic, Kurdistan, etc.], and should be freed at the first opportunity.

Understanding that when Macedonia was an active invader organization, their destruction of regional communities was described as prolific, and that this horrific activity continued for years without balance, destroying numerous homes in a revolting fashion.

Hereby Condemns: Macedonia.

Players with WA nations in The North Pacific (or on NPA business), please vote For, Against, Abstain or Present.

Other players are welcome to argue their side, but their votes will not be counted.

So, personally, I'm divided on this one.

SC#1 Condemned Macedon, which was a terrible raider region back in the Olden Days that was Condemned by SC#1 by Todd McCloud. The same individuals are behind Macedonia, and this condemnation is aimed at re-condemning that group. Sedge has an SC post that offers some historical insight into the details of why the community/group deserves to be condemned, in general.

However, Macedonia is a 3 person region, no password on the region, but the WA Delegate does not have executive powers. Is it worth condemning such a dearth of activity? The author also had originally pushed for a repeal of SC#1 (and had discussed re-condemning Macedon in order to repeal SC#1 originally), before taking this path. I'm not sure that I would support such a move, but passing this condemnation may clear the path for that anyhow, in the view of others within the World Assembly.

(TNP may have the most votes on our Delegate; however, that doesn't mean that the vote always goes our way.)

Anyhow, I talked this over with Raven some earlier, and he asked me to post this here to (hopefully) spur you all on to offer your thoughts and opinions before he casts his vote.

How do you view this? How should The North Pacific vote?

Amongst The North Pacific residents, voting is currently 19-41 (68% Against).

I'll vote against going on the eligible votes here - Syrixia and McMasterdonia, and the in-game vote.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back