Special Election for AG?

By my reckoning an election would conclude within two weeks of the next judicial election and, therefore, cannot be held, due to this clause:

Codified Law of The North Pacific:
21. A special election will be held in the event of a vacancy in any elected office or position, unless the election would be unable to conclude prior to two weeks before the beginning of the next scheduled election cycle for that office.

Under that clause it would need to be possible for a special election to conclude before the 17th (two weeks before the 1st of next month, which is the date for the next judicial election). It is presently the 8th and elections last a minimum of 12 days, so a an election begun now would end on the 20th, three days later than is permitted.

I should note that it would have been possible for a special election to begin between the 3rd and the 5th, however, it seems that during that time neither the Delegate nor Vice Delegate noticed the vacancy and I had, myself, not notified them of the need to hold a special election (due to forgetfulness on my part).

EDIT: Also, with Plembobria now being a Minister (and thereby disqualified from serving in the judicial branch), a special election for Justice is presently deferred under that clause too, though I don't think Plembobria has notified his resignation as Justice (unless his request for remasking as Minister was notice).

Yeah.. I realize it's too late now, but I had thought we'd be in the midst of candidacy declarations. I've been mostly AFK for a few days, and I might've mentioned it sooner had I been around. :shrug:

I have not seen any official resignation from Plembobria, other than his oath of office (I didn't mask him). I only became aware of Tomb's vacating his office via an admin request on June 3rd (but didn't see it until June 4th). Given real life, I had planned to work with Bootsie and open a special election on Monday before I became aware of the clause above.

That said, I only waited because its been a long time since I had to open an election, as Bootsie handled the last one primarily. The last time I had to do it, was a Justice election in 2013, and things were much different to how they are now and I was wary of making a mess of things.

I have made a private complaint to a Deputy AG and have not had a response from them (or the Security Council, to which I also submitted evidence) so there are matters that should be addressed by the office in some capacity during the interim.

Back