Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
Here's what I can glean from what I found over the weekend:

Grand Central, in trying to become the most welcoming region, decides to welcome Lord Nuke, a known serial sexual harasser, into the region, along with Feuer Ritter, yet another harasser. Droves of citizens begin to leave and the region becomes a subject of ridicule. The region's NS forum thread is closed.

Correct me on anything I got wrong, of course.

Reactions and commentary on last weekend's incident(s)?

Reaction: Its none of our fucking business, and people are using this incident to throw their region's weight around in political power plays.

To be honest, we shouldn't and can't turn a blind eye to this. A region which welcomes such despicable characters into their communities must be condemned for endangering those amongst us who potentially are minors. Fortunately, we don't have any relations with them whatsoever.

I wouldn't go that far. By now the crisis is over and the harassers have been rounded up and gotten rid of. Still, it is highly dissappointing this happened in the first place. I'm sure there was another, legitimate reason for their admission; but that reason remains for me myself to find. Perhaps others know it, if it exists.

It's none of our business politically.

My own comments are personal viewpoints given my relationship with the person who has suffered the most through this and whose wellbeing was ignored by the very people who knew the damage it would cause.

Please note: Feuer Ritter and Lord Nuke have had their citizenship revoked by the forum administration team.

Please also note that the vast majority of Grand Central citizens (myself included) were against the granting of citizenship to Lord Nuke and Feuer.

Gradea Sanguine

All too often we have seen these arguments begin on one forum and carry across nationstates, forum to forum with essentially the same people making the same arguments over and over again.

If the parties involved appear in this region, or Grand Central wishes to open diplomatic relations with TNP, then this becomes a thing. Until then we do not need to rehash it all in TNP.

We've already declined an embassy with them. It looks as though that was the right call.

I don't see the relevance of not having an embassy with a region to not being able to be concerned at OOC matters such as the exclusion of sexual harassers.

That doesn't need the government to address it though Guy. We handle it much better socially - adding politics to these matters complicates things needlessly in what is already a painful topic for victims of such players.

Lord Ravenclaw:
It's none of our business politically.

My own comments are personal viewpoints given my relationship with the person who has suffered the most through this and whose wellbeing was ignored by the very people who knew the damage it would cause.
Thanks for the most important comment in this thread.

So? If they sexually harass someone again, then they will probably banjection them, no questions asked.

Otherwise, thou shall not have a Embassy with Grand Central.

I'm going to close and archive this thread. There's no need for us to reopen old wounds.

Back