SECURITY COUNCILLOR TO DELEGATE: RESIGN

thegemini

TNPer
I have been asked to submit the following speech on behalf of the Security Councillor. They ask that I take the following oath before submission.

I, thegemini, swear under oath that I have cut and pasted the following speech in its entirety into this thread. I also swear under oath that I'm not committing fraud or misrepresentation.

The Security Councillors Speech:

Mr. Delegate, Mr. Vice Delegate, Mr. Speaker, Regional Assembly members, Court Justices, Mr. Attorney General, NPA members, Cabinet Ministers, my fellow Security Councillors, Residents and my fellow Citizens:

As our Citizens go to the voting booth to vote in our General Election I wish to speak on my experiences with the current Delegate, Lord Ravenclaw and the state of our Democracy.

First I would like to give an overview of my background.

I have been involved with TNP for nearly 12 years, give or take a little. I have been in virtually every Cabinet post and have been a Security Councillor for many years. I have had the honor of being Delegate, a honor that some will have. I have had the honor of helping frame our Regional Constitution years ago, a honor that few may sadly ever experience.
I have been truly happy in my stay here. Of the over 13,000+ hours of time I have spent on here I can say I have had my fair share of regrets and victories.
I have seen Delegates and Administrations come and go. From the lowest lows to now where we are today as the largest democracy and region. I'm proud of how far we have come since introducing our first Constitution.

I have experienced the good, bad and ugly sides of Delegates before.
Unfortunately, I just never knew that it would be my own utter stupidity and ignorance that would one day cause me to write a speech on the outset of voting, and to solve a problem I should have tried to solve long ago.

I greatly hope that what I have done by not speaking up, will not cost us our very democracy and way of life here on NS. Many of you will be in disbelief. I'm sorry if this is going to come as such a slap in the face for most of you.
But once I found out what I'm about to tell you, it was already to late because the person was already in power as our Delegate amid widespread support and after a seemingly glowing civil service career up to becoming the Delegate.

It took Lord Ravenclaw less time than me to become Delegate. As a old timer I'm humble enough to not find anything wrong in this; plus there have been Delegates in the far past that have come to power in this Regions early days under far less peaceful and democratic means.

Little did I know that right under my nose was one of the most backroom dealing, treasonous, manipulative, charismatic and thoroughly un-democratic Delegates that I have ever met.

Before becoming our Delegate, Lord Ravenclaw was Vice Delegate in Osiris. He ran on a platform with a character called the Dourian Embassy.
To make a long story short this Dourian (I might have misspelled the name) basically Couped the region. He was a very shady character, manipulative etc.. This happened, I think, a very considerable period of time before Lord Ravenclaw joined our region and perhaps before creating the Kingdom of Alexandria.

During his tenure in this region Raven has repeatedly used off site chat forums, not on TNP or NS, to speak to certain people for mostly shady dealings. This is were he got the idea originally for his "fireside chats" that him and the Vice Delegate have done and are considering doing again if they win a second term.

Only I and another Minister knew about these dealings. I'm not sure if our Vice Delegate, Bootsie, knows or not.

In these chatrooms I have experienced, in short order, the following happen on the Delegates part:

1. Ravenclaw admitting that the Dourian Embassy and he ARE THE SAME person!

2. The giving out of the North Pacific Army Manual to the DEN and our allies. The giving of the manual to The Kingdom of Alexandria (a region Lord Ravenclaw founded).

3. The giving out of the Diplomatic Protocol Manual to the DEN and our allies. The giving of said manual to The Kingdom of Alexandria.

That's just a scratch on the surface. That's just the unethical semi dirty things on the spectrum. Here is the rest:

4. Entering into a secret alliance with DEN and Valdoosa, they have both been condemned by the World Assembly, to "fix" the citizenship app process to expedite Den sleeper nations into TNP. Ravenclaw hopes that if he gets enough members in he will have the Regional Assembly stacked in his favor to create a dictatorship.
Under the current Constitution all citizens are automatically Regional Assembly members and thats why he has done this. So far he has interfered with 23 apps to expedite their wait time all of which were a list of puppet nations from DEN passed between RavenClaw and the General of DEN in a off site chatroom.

4. Raven has had the Vice Delegate go ahead and post that these nations (puppets) had passed their Vice Delegate check when they never did. The Vice Delegate would never run a check on them.

5. Raven has run false Admin checks on the same nations and claimed they passed.

6. A freshly minted Deputy Attorney General is a member of DEN. So is a Court Justice and a Deputy Speaker!

When I found out in the chatroom that Raven and Dourian were the same person I only wish that I would have tried to do something then. This was a month into Ravens Delegacy.

It is because of this that I am anonymous. I cannot risk posting without an intermediary like ,thegemini, because my user name will register on the post.
I'm sorry.
I might reach out to mcmasterdonia.

I was planning on just resigning but I'm not now.

This is my plan.
1. I will come forward and reveal my identity and give overwhelming evidence of the Delegate's corruption if:

A. Raven doesn't become Delegate again.

B. I am granted/promised immunity from prosecution from not coming forward sooner.

OR

2. Instead of waiting on Raven to lose election HE CAN RESIGN IMMEDIATELY!

I can't come forward while such a character is in power as Delegate.
I'm afraid if he ever asks if I betrayed him I will have to lie and commit fraud under TNP legal code.

Finally, I would like to endorse thegemini for Delegate.

Its my opinion that his heart is in the right place and that he has a lot of courage. Its because of this courage that I chose him as my intermediary for this speech. The speech of my career.

A good heart and courage make all the difference in the world. It doesn't matter how little or big the experience of the politician or Delegate.
I believe very much that thegemini can guide TNP with a steady hand. All he needs are Ministers that will guide him fairly and a Vice Delegate that is solid in character.

I pray that those who read this proceed wisely,

-G.

End of Speech

I will not reply to threads in this topic or my campaign forum about this speech.This is in the hands of the people. PM me if you want to talk. The title of the topic is the councillors.

Thank you

I have been asked to submit the following speech on behalf of the Security Councillor. They ask that I take the following oath before submission.

Right, and we're just supposed to take your word for it?

I, thegemini, swear under oath that I have cut and pasted the following speech in its entirety into this thread. I also swear under oath that I'm not committing fraud or misrepresentation.

Oh wonderful, an oath. One that you probably wrote yourself. People are clearly never telling lies when they are reciting oaths that they made up themselves on the spot.

The Security Councillors Speech:

Mr. Delegate, Mr. Vice Delegate, Mr. Speaker, Regional Assembly members, Court Justices, Mr. Attorney General, NPA members, Cabinet Ministers, my fellow Security Councillors, Residents and my fellow Citizens:

As our Citizens go to the voting booth to vote in our General Election I wish to speak on my experiences with the current Delegate, Lord Ravenclaw and the state of our Democracy.

First I would like to give an overview of my background.

I have been involved with TNP for nearly 12 years, give or take a little. I have been in virtually every Cabinet post and have been a Security Councillor for many years. I have had the honor of being Delegate, a honor that some will have. I have had the honor of helping frame our Regional Constitution years ago, a honor that few may sadly ever experience.

Very formal introduction. I don't know anyone who writes that way. Of the current Security Councillors that would match your description, that would be Romanoffia and Great Bights Mum, possibly Eluvatar (I am not certain if he has been here for 12 years or not). I am absolutely confident that those three members, and any other Security Councillor would post their own statement. They would certainly not ask a newbie to post it on their behalf. This should be dismissed for the complete and utter nonsense that it is.

I have been truly happy in my stay here. Of the over 13,000+ hours of time I have spent on here I can say I have had my fair share of regrets and victories.
I have seen Delegates and Administrations come and go. From the lowest lows to now where we are today as the largest democracy and region. I'm proud of how far we have come since introducing our first Constitution.

I have experienced the good, bad and ugly sides of Delegates before.
Unfortunately, I just never knew that it would be my own utter stupidity and ignorance that would one day cause me to write a speech on the outset of voting, and to solve a problem I should have tried to solve long ago.

I greatly hope that what I have done by not speaking up, will not cost us our very democracy and way of life here on NS. Many of you will be in disbelief. I'm sorry if this is going to come as such a slap in the face for most of you.
But once I found out what I'm about to tell you, it was already to late because the person was already in power as our Delegate amid widespread support and after a seemingly glowing civil service career up to becoming the Delegate.

It will not come as a slap in the face to us. Ravenclaw was elected delegate in a free and fair election. This is an example of our democracy and our way of life. After a very distinguished career in the 'civil service' he was elected Delegate. So was I. So was Eluvatar. So was Tomb. TNPers reward those who work hard.

It took Lord Ravenclaw less time than me to become Delegate. As a old timer I'm humble enough to not find anything wrong in this; plus there have been Delegates in the far past that have come to power in this Regions early days under far less peaceful and democratic means.

How delightfully "humble" of you. I became Delegate within roughly nine months of being in the game. It happens.

Little did I know that right under my nose was one of the most backroom dealing, treasonous, manipulative, charismatic and thoroughly un-democratic Delegates that I have ever met.

Backroom deals are part of politics, indeed they are part of NationStates. It would be highly misleading to suggest otherwise. Raven has not been treasonous or manipulative towards the North Pacific. I also do not believe that anyone seriously believes that Raven has acted undemocratically. Such behaviour would not be tolerated by the populace if it were the case.

Before becoming our Delegate, Lord Ravenclaw was Vice Delegate in Osiris. He ran on a platform with a character called the Dourian Embassy.
To make a long story short this Dourian (I might have misspelled the name) basically Couped the region. He was a very shady character, manipulative etc.. This happened, I think, a very considerable period of time before Lord Ravenclaw joined our region and perhaps before creating the Kingdom of Alexandria.

During his tenure in this region Raven has repeatedly used off site chat forums, not on TNP or NS, to speak to certain people for mostly shady dealings. This is were he got the idea originally for his "fireside chats" that him and the Vice Delegate have done and are considering doing again if they win a second term.

Lord Ravenclaw held many positions in Osiris, including Pharaoh. I am sure he will be the first to admit that mistakes were sometimes made during that time, by all parties involved. However Ravenclaw did not support Douria's coup and helped to fight against it.

As to using offsite chat features, so what? Visit our IRC or Discord. They are free for you to use whenever you like. Many players use channels and other communciation avenues to communciate with each other. This is not a police state.

Only I and another Minister knew about these dealings. I'm not sure if our Vice Delegate, Bootsie, knows or not.

In these chatrooms I have experienced, in short order, the following happen on the Delegates part:

1. Ravenclaw admitting that the Dourian Embassy and he ARE THE SAME person!

Complete and utter rubbish. If you believed some trolling, that is on you.

2. The giving out of the North Pacific Army Manual to the DEN and our allies. The giving of the manual to The Kingdom of Alexandria (a region Lord Ravenclaw founded).

Again, complete crap. DEN would not require our manual. Even if Raven did provide it to our allies as you suggested, would that be a problem? I don't have an issue with sharing the manual with Alexandria either, though again you offer no proof of this.

3. The giving out of the Diplomatic Protocol Manual to the DEN and our allies. The giving of said manual to The Kingdom of Alexandria.

That's just a scratch on the surface. That's just the unethical semi dirty things on the spectrum. Here is the rest:

Again, a ridiculous and unbelievable suggestion.

4. Entering into a secret alliance with DEN and Valdoosa, they have both been condemned by the World Assembly, to "fix" the citizenship app process to expedite Den sleeper nations into TNP. Ravenclaw hopes that if he gets enough members in he will have the Regional Assembly stacked in his favor to create a dictatorship.
Under the current Constitution all citizens are automatically Regional Assembly members and thats why he has done this. So far he has interfered with 23 apps to expedite their wait time all of which were a list of puppet nations from DEN passed between RavenClaw and the General of DEN in a off site chatroom.
1. Raven is not an invader, and has never identified with one particular side of gameplay.
2. The citizen app process has been the way it is since before Raven was delegate.
3. Raven is an administrator and is allowed to process citizenship checks. That is a sign of his trust and high standing in this region.
4. Where is the list of puppet DEN nations in our region? Provide proof of this accusation.

4. Raven has had the Vice Delegate go ahead and post that these nations (puppets) had passed their Vice Delegate check when they never did. The Vice Delegate would never run a check on them.
Raven had the Vice Delegate do the checks.. but the Vice Delegate never did check them?... The Vice Delegate does not check IP addresses or anything like that. Most of their checks are based on well known prior history of offences, and any rejections must be voted on by the assembly. Their approval is mostly a formality.

5. Raven has run false Admin checks on the same nations and claimed they passed.
What?

6. A freshly minted Deputy Attorney General is a member of DEN. So is a Court Justice and a Deputy Speaker!
Who exactly? Also, if this was true why does this reflect negatively on Raven? We've had DEN/TBR/TBH members in the past, and we still do. Raiders can contribute to our region just as much as defenders.

When I found out in the chatroom that Raven and Dourian were the same person I only wish that I would have tried to do something then. This was a month into Ravens Delegacy.
I honestly believe this is just trolling or trying to cause trouble. I hate to break it to you, but I am Guy, Biyah, and many other players!

It is because of this that I am anonymous. I cannot risk posting without an intermediary like ,thegemini, because my user name will register on the post.
Because of what?

I'm sorry.
I might reach out to mcmasterdonia.

Right.

I was planning on just resigning but I'm not now.

This is my plan.
1. I will come forward and reveal my identity and give overwhelming evidence of the Delegate's corruption if:

A. Raven doesn't become Delegate again.

Hold the regions democratic processes hostage in order to defend our democratic way of life. #logic.

B. I am granted/promised immunity from prosecution from not coming forward sooner.

Is it a crime to not bring accusations forward? Why would immunity be necessary?

OR

2. Instead of waiting on Raven to lose election HE CAN RESIGN IMMEDIATELY!

How about no.

I can't come forward while such a character is in power as Delegate.
I'm afraid if he ever asks if I betrayed him I will have to lie and commit fraud under TNP legal code.

I think this post is a very poor attempt at trying to commit fraud.

Finally, I would like to endorse thegemini for Delegate.

How convenient.

Its my opinion that his heart is in the right place and that he has a lot of courage. Its because of this courage that I chose him as my intermediary for this speech. The speech of my career.

A good heart and courage make all the difference in the world. It doesn't matter how little or big the experience of the politician or Delegate.
I believe very much that thegemini can guide TNP with a steady hand. All he needs are Ministers that will guide him fairly and a Vice Delegate that is solid in character.

The speech of your career? :lol:

Again I repeat that no security councillor would cower behind anonymity in order to make this kind of statement.

I pray that those who read this proceed wisely,

-G.

"G"

Only G that corresponds to an SC member would be Great Bights Mum, which would be too ridiculous to even think about. GBM has class.

I will not reply to threads in this topic or my campaign forum about this speech.This is in the hands of the people. PM me if you want to talk. The title of the topic is the councillors.

Thank you

Post a topic and then refuse to reply to questions? How wonderful.

This is entire post is a complete and utter lie. If you have written this yourself, then clearly you are just here to cause trouble. If you have fallen victim to another players trolling or inability to understand the trolling of others, then that is still on you. There is no way in my mind that any security councillor would write something as stupid as this, and nor would they ask anyone to post it on their behalf.

I am utterly ashamed that you felt it necessary to post this complete BS in an attempt to undermine our Delegate. An attempt that will ultimately fail, as people see this for what it is.

I see this as going too far. As if impersonation wasn't bad enough, the Security Council is an important pillar of our community and this is beyond unacceptable. Someone should sue theGemini for fraud at the TNP Courts. If no one will perhaps I shall do it myself.

The grammatical and syntactical errors contained in the op are all the evidence one needs to prove that no SC member authored the letter.

I've received a few PM's on this subject from the OP. He claimed it was Bight (Presumably referring to Great Bights Mum) who sent this speech to him, when I laughed at that, he asked what was funny, and if it wasn't true, then who called him on his cell phone then to discuss this?

This nonsense has gone on for long enough. The Gemini has apologised to me privately for the whole situation, but has apparently decided that he will not do so publicly - instead opting to renounce his citizenship.I have asked him to publicly apologise but he is unwilling to do so at this time.

Great Bights Mum:
The grammatical and syntactical errors contained in the op are all the evidence one needs to prove that no SC member authored the letter.
theGemini is a tribute to the American education system.

flemingovia:
Great Bights Mum:
theGemini is a tribute to the American education system.
American here. I agree. :P

Back