[Complete][SC] Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"

Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.
Category: Repeal
Resolution: SC#188
Proposed by: Wallenburg

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #188: Condemn Vandoosa shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Applauding international efforts to combat raiding;

Recognizing that condemnations do little to discourage raiding, and often serve as badges of honor to prominent raiders;

Alarmed at the assertions that Vandoosa participated in raiding Alternate World History and is its current delegate to the World Assembly, both of which are incorrect;

Dismissing the claim that the Glorious Nations of Iwaku have fallen apart due to Vandoosa's actions, considering that the region has not fallen at all, and is actually quite successful;

Questioning Vandoosa's true impact on the international community, and recognizing the lack of evidence for many of the claims in the condemnation of Vandoosa;

Noting the dissonance of condemning Vandoosa for supposedly injuring the Glorious Nations of Iwaku, yet explicitly stating the further injury of this region's activity as one of the condemnation's main goals;

Believing that nations should not be condemned on false pretenses;

Observing no benefit to any nation but Vandoosa itself in the continued existence of SC#188;

The World Assembly hereby repeals SC#188, "Condemn Vandoosa".

Please vote For, Against, Abstain (for the Delegate to Abtain), or Present (you Abstain).

This proposal is quorate and will be at vote at the upcoming minor update on Sunday.

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
Abstain for the time being. Awaiting ministry recommendation.
I've been out of town the past few days unexpectedly, and I've got people coming over to help me paint my house shortly so any official recommendation may not come until later today at the soonest. However, when this was originally at vote, TNP was strongly against the Condemn, so I'd think the Ministry Recommendation is likely to be In Favor of repeal.

Mousebumples:
The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
Abstain for the time being. Awaiting ministry recommendation.
I've been out of town the past few days unexpectedly, and I've got people coming over to help me paint my house shortly so any official recommendation may not come until later today at the soonest. However, when this was originally at vote, TNP was strongly against the Condemn, so I'd think the Ministry Recommendation is likely to be In Favor of repeal.
Thank you, Mouse :) I've edited my original post to reflect the Ministry Recommendation.

Yea. The Isle of Grossmania did not understand this convoluted resolution at first, but following an investigation and report from our Minister of Petty Grievances by Other States That Don't Affect Us, we have concluded that the original condemnation was unwarranted. Consequently, we urge our delegate to vote in the affirmative.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back