Justice for Barbarossistan!

Right, I'll keep this brief.

Since I was suggested by our friendly delegate the idea of becoming a justice has grown on me. I have noticed a bunch of disputes on our RMB and a wellfunctioning judiciary could prove useful in resolving disputes within our fine region.

Credentials

None whatsoever in the region but I'm an actual lawyer in the outside and that could be helpful in strengthening the court's legal reasoning and establishment of strong precedent.

Program

I have noticed while perusing the court pages here that the court has not been very active yet it seems to me a potentially good dispute settlement mechanism is going to waste. So my main policy would be to have me and the other Justices actively seek out disputes, or have the AG do so for us, to offer arbitration for the parties. The resulting cases can also help build our body of case law so the Delegate will have a firmer idea on how to apply the rules we have set for ourselves in The North Pacific.

Considering the above I now cordially invite you to vote for me.

Questions? Feel free to ask below.

Suppose you and your fellow Court members were all ejected by the Delegate. Would you believe you needed to recuse yourself regarding a request for review of the Delegate's actions? Of charges of Gross Misconduct?

Can one enter into Conspiracy with oneself?

Is Chewbacca from the planet Kashyyyk?

On the first question, yes, I would not consider myself competent to rule on my own case;
The second question I do not understand, can you clarify?
To the third question, only if sufficiently schizophrenic to have two personalities that may conspire against a third;
To the fourth question, there is insufficient evidence in the canon

Barbarossistan, it's great to see you running as a new citizen and taking interest in our Gov't. I do have a question, though. How do you intend to "seek out disputes"?

look on the RMB and if people are arguing interminably on something that touches the laws of TNP propose they put it before the court (they can't be forced but may well be willing to arbitrate)
or ask the AG to do so

Gross Misconduct is a crime in TNP. If the Delegate ejected the Justices and was then charged with Gross Misconduct for doing so, would you believe, as Justice, that you must step aside from the case?

Eluvatar:
Gross Misconduct is a crime in TNP. If the Delegate ejected the Justices and was then charged with Gross Misconduct for doing so, would you believe, as Justice, that you must step aside from the case?
Yes, since it would otherwise mean ruling on a case involving myself, I think i would be necessary for the Assembly to rule on this and either try the Delegate itself or appoint a special tribunal

Back