Vazos for Justice

Vazos

TNPer
I'm a bit late to the campaign thread party, but fear not - I'm still around and hoping that you, the people of TNP, will give me the privilege of serving you again.

Credentials:

I am currently the Chief Elder of the Pschent, the judiciary of the Osiris Fraternal Order. I had previously served as an Elder as well as two terms as the Scribe of Seshat, Osiris's Attorney General. I've also held a variety of executive roles in Equilism, Balder, Osiris, and other regions.

Why are you running again?

When I returned to NationStates last summer, I had committed myself to staying out of government - the only exception being service in the court or as an AG. These were the only positions I held that I truly enjoyed and could see myself devoting the twilight years of my NS life to, and my feelings remain the same nearly a year later. I'd hate for my one chance to serve TNP in the only capacity I'm really interested in to have been on a term with no activity...so put your trust in me once more!

I welcome any further questions either in this thread, via PM, or on IRC/Discord. :)

Blaine Zeorus Montresor = Vazos?

I didn't know that! Regardless, best of luck, Vazos.

Suppose you and your fellow Court members were all ejected by the Delegate. Would you believe you needed to recuse yourself regarding a request for review of the Delegate's actions? Of charges of Gross Misconduct?

Can one enter into Conspiracy with oneself?

Is Chewbacca from the planet Kashyyyk?

Barbarossistan:
what sort of program for the court, if any, woud you seek as Justice?

I'm not sure what you mean by a "program" for the court. If you refer to your stated intent if elected Justice to "seek out disputes," we are in disagreement. I believe that court justices should be active members of the region in a variety of endeavors, but actively looking for cases where people have not chosen to bring them before the Court themselves is, in my opinion, outside of a Justice's purview.

Eluvatar:
Suppose you and your fellow Court members were all ejected by the Delegate. Would you believe you needed to recuse yourself regarding a request for review of the Delegate's actions? Of charges of Gross Misconduct?

Can one enter into Conspiracy with oneself?

Is Chewbacca from the planet Kashyyyk?

Assuming that these were illegal ejections, I would recuse myself on a request for review or on charges of Gross Misconduct. I am committed to judicial neutrality and apoliticism.

Section 1.7 of the Legal Code defines conspiracy as "planning, attempting, or helping to commit any crime under this criminal code." I see no reason why this cannot be done alone, despite the obvious difficulties in gathering evidence of such a conspiracy posed by the text-dependent nature of NationStates. One might have to have admitted these plans to another on IRC or some such media in order to substantiate the charges.

I think so...I'm not big on Star Wars lore (although some of my RL friends wish to change this).

You are accused of heresy on three counts -- heresy by thought, heresy by word, heresy by deed, and heresy by action- FOUR counts.

Do you confess?

Back