Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=27920433#p27920433
Sentinel Optik:
I don't buy into the gameplay where people sign irrelevant treaties with each other and then don't act upon them. If I wanted to play make-believe that I was a member of Parliament I'd go elsewhere. I am here to wage war, and DEN is extremely good at what it does, which is why the only opposition we get is on the NS forums, not on the field of battle.

Raiding IS for the greater good because it is the only pure way to play this game, and the only organization where people support each other through actual action, not roleplaying that they're signing a worthless treaty.

Apparently our treaties are make-believe and irrelevant, and we have therefore never acted upon them. :yes:

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=27917396#p27917396
ChingisOtchigin:
I again, may note that I'm not sitting on a high horse, I don't believe in me "Doing good to NS", but neither do I really believe I'm "Playing the asshole", at least as far as tag raids go. When I do raid, i have a sole goal, and that's to hit as many regions as possible. Yes, it means "burning them out", but I have yet to see a native reaction and be like: "YAS! A REACTION! LOLOLOLO, I'M SO 1337". During occupations, I loooove seeing a reaction, trolling the native, acting like a 12v who only just discovered the internet, but with tag raiding... I really don;t see how you could say that we do it for the sake of getting a reaction from natives.

:duh:

I would much rather play make-believe that I'm a powerful warrior - a Genghis Khan, Black Knight, Nazgûl type - than acknowledge I'm playing a game that involves clicking a move button rapidly.

Role-playing is worthless, which is why raiders post reports of them "conquering" regions based on the infrastructure of distant servers and post screenshots from Lord of the Rings to illustrate their ruthlessness in doing so.

Well, then. I may not care for the various sides of GP, but so long as your style of play does not cause any impact to my own, or the communities I oversee, I couldn't care less.

I'd rather "RP" in my standard way than raid or defend, or any variant thereof, truth be told.

R/D has its place as a dramatic aspect of the game. Some players find other aspects more engaging, such as the nuances of politics, the complexities of negotiations, the challenges of leadership and the creativity of role play. It's fun to try them all.

I always find it humorous when one group gets upset about another group criticising their method of playing the game but then goes out of their way to insult others in the same fashion.

Eluvatar:
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=27917396#p27917396
ChingisOtchigin:
I again, may note that I'm not sitting on a high horse, I don't believe in me "Doing good to NS", but neither do I really believe I'm "Playing the asshole", at least as far as tag raids go. When I do raid, i have a sole goal, and that's to hit as many regions as possible. Yes, it means "burning them out", but I have yet to see a native reaction and be like: "YAS! A REACTION! LOLOLOLO, I'M SO 1337". During occupations, I loooove seeing a reaction, trolling the native, acting like a 12v who only just discovered the internet, but with tag raiding... I really don;t see how you could say that we do it for the sake of getting a reaction from natives.

:duh:
Someone report this as trolling/admission of trolling and watch the mods fall over themselves to go NOPE NOT TROLLING NOT TROLLING AT ALL. RAIDERS AREN'T TROLLS. RAIDING ISN'T TROLLING. NOTHING BAD ABOUT RAIDING NOPE NO.

The true trolls are the defenders who go out of there way to try and ruin the fun of raiders :(

Back