Ideas?

Sierra

TNPer
TNP Nation
True Sebland
Hey! I would like to start an RP taking place in Sebland. Any topics?

Sebland has a population of about 150 mil. It has one of the best economies in Eras. It is the safest country in the region (in my opinion :) ). There is no official religion (90% of the population are atheists). Photos are in my factbook --> https://www.nationstates.net/nation=true_sebland/detail=factbook/id=main

bSwIDvo.png

wmWIOyZ.png

tvFqlQs.png

TvbonM6.png

RTXuYkl.png

uvd5pAn.png

eDAUx4s.png

3UL3Qet.png

bHhiU2a.png

mOFE08K.png

Ibyszy2.png

oCXs375.png
I hope it helps you think of something :D
Thanks
Sebland

I was asked this question too, so I think it's time to pass the torch.

Does your country have a weakness; something it isn't good at or has a problem with? All countries do; it's a matter of realism.

I don't think it is possible to have that many climate zones in one country, especially given the scale we are talking about. SDKY is one of the bigger countries and we're barely larger than California.

Piscivore:
I don't think it is possible to have that many climate zones in one country, especially given the scale we are talking about. SDKY is one of the bigger countries and we're barely larger than California.
There are only 3. The desert is in the south, Tropical climate north west and forests (+ mountains)in the eastern part of Sebland

For example: My nation is a very scientifically advanced nation with a high standard of living, education, and income. However, it's a militaristic police state that curtails any political dissidence (usually through means such as exile), extremely common hurricanes, and little development outside of cities.

OK. Not much freedom (safety --> no guns, no drugs, alcohol is very dear, no gambling, no smoking and so on), very high taxes and common droughts in the south.

I have a bunch of ideas you could do.

NATURAL:
Earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions (might wanna wait for a tectonic plate map beforehand), cyclones, tornadoes, floods, droughts. If you have mountains, avalanches. A gigantic mudslide. Sinkholes, a limnic eruption (gas bursts from a lake), a blizzard. A heatwave. A small localised epidemic.

HUMAN:

Terrorism, a mass shooting, mass murderer on the loose. Building collapses, a civil war if you really want one. Riots, massacres. A gigantic fire. A plane crash or ship capsizing. Power plant explodes. Large road accident? Train crash. Power failures, bridges collapsing, a dam collapses. A famine.

It doesn't have to be a disaster, either. It could be a national event, such as a fair, or celebration of an event. A space shuttle is launched, a satellite is launched. Lots of possibilities!

The list goes on and on!

Yeah, terrorism or mass shooting would not work. No one has guns in Sebland. Not even the police (they have those taser guns). I like the sound of the plane crash. The satellite launch could be cool as well.

no guns, no drugs, alcohol is very dear, no gambling, no smoking and so on

No one has guns in Sebland. Not even the police

Your black market has to be THRIVING...could do something related to that.

True Sebland:
Yeah, terrorism or mass shooting would not work. No one has guns in Sebland. Not even the police (they have those taser guns). I like the sound of the plane crash. The satellite launch could be cool as well.
Ah yes, but like Bustos said, they could be SMUGGLED into the country. The U.K., with its anti gun policy and strict border controls still has some instances of gun crime.

Also, while the regular police have no guns, usually a section of them, like the anti-terrorism branch, will have guns like G36Cs, MP5s, and M4s. Also, some will need to carry weapons to guard things like the Royal Palace (you do have a king, right?) and military bases, and the like.

I might do this: There would be a plane crash somewhere in the enormous uninhabited desert in southern region of Sebland. The signal was somehow lost, so we lost track of it. The plain had an emergency landing. The plane was full of passengers from all over eras that survived the landing. We would search for the missing plane. How does that sound?

Or a hijacked plane?

Back