Andrew for Justice

Andrew

TNPer
This is my first election before a new crowd, i'm so excited XD but anyway onto the main thing.

Hello all, I'm [me] and I'm running for Justice. Most of you know me, but some may not know me all that well so I've provided a brief summary of my time here in NS and a conflict of interest disclosure below:

I started NS back in 2012/2013 and Aurora orb was my first nation. I spawned in The Pacific but eventually got bored and decided to move here to TNP. If memory serves me correctly, in the early days of my time here I talked Mcm (I think it was when I discovered IRC?), who was delegate at the time, and called him "Sir" :P (or was it Krull?) and did some other embarrassing things Those were the days. It wasn't until some time later that I started to spread out through NS. I think the next region I went was Osiris during KRO, where I wasn't very active, but later became quite active during the coup which lead to OFO. After that I massively expanded to UCR's, gaining some executive and legislative experience there while sticking around in the GCR's. But some of those UCR's started going inactive or put me off so I became the Feederite that I am today.

In TNP, I didn't partake too much at the start but when the Executive Staff rolled around some time later, I think thats when my activity picked up. I joined Home Affairs, worked hard, became Deputy Minister then Minister for some time afterwards :) During this time I also joined alot of things in TNP such as the NPA, and other Ministries, tried my hand at TNP legislative debate (to which I realised I wasn't well suited) and tried out some Nation RP.(For those thinking that was very short I don't blame you, I honestly can't remember it all)

Conflict of Interest Disclosure

• Former x2 term Minister of HA (TNP)
  • Incumbent Deputy Min. of HA (TNP)
  • NPA Corporal (TNP)
  • HA Mentoring Director (TNP)
  • x3 Keeper of the Osiran Deshret (Osiris)
  • x2 Scribe of Media (Osiris)
  • Sekhmet Legion Corporal (Osiris)
  • x3 Former Curator of the Deshret (Osiris)
  • Councilor of the Deshret
  • Former Deputy Director of the Assembly (Lazarus)
  • Former Minister of War (Balder)
  • Former Minister of Integration and Civic Service (Balder)
  • Jomskivikings (Balder)
  • x1 member of the Storting (Balder)
  • x2 Member of the Senat (La France)
  • x1 Prime Minister of La France
  • x2 Member of Parliament (CoDN)
  • x1 Minister of Foreign Affairs (CoDN)
  • Interim Prime Minister (CoDN)
  • Citizen of every GCR except TEP and TRR, Former Citizen of Europeia and CoDN. Citizen of Albion, Spiritus, KBG, UK, BI and Alexandria

Why I am running?

I decided to run for Justice largely because that I have spent all of my NS Political career in either the executive or the legislative and I think its time I try something new with myself and something new in TNP by rising to the different challenges there are. I've heard it said numerous times that being a Justice is the most thankless position in TNP, I would personally like to test this which is also why im running; I'm curious to know exactly why and experience first hand why people would say that.

Activity

Seeing as the activity of an individual in a position is always a concern, rest assured, the only positions I have outside TNP are in Osiris (as a Councilor) so I won't really wont be too busy and will have spare time on my hands and I have no planned long holidays within the next few months. So will hopefully be here :)

What will you do?

Unfortunately, lacking judicial experience means that I will not be able to immediately do much. But this will not be able to stop me from carrying out my legal responsibilities as Justice and to do that, I find that I will do a lot of learning, a lot of working with fellow Justices and trying to be ,atleast, a decent member of the Bench. I think that the Judiciaries of NS are the hardest to find experience in as unlike the other branches there is no middle man where you can try to building up that experience before you try and make that jump to the big job. In the executive, you can be a member of the executive staff, a Deputy Minister or Minister before you try and land the Delegacy, or you in the legislature you can be an active legislator or get to be Dept. Speaker then try and land the Speakership. But to be a Justice? There be no middle man. (I guess you could try being AG but that it's own position with it's own challenges). Personally, I think that individuals are elected/appointed onto a Court because they have been judged as trust-worthy, fair and decent people worthy enough of the position. I hope the region finds the same qualities in me.

Now. Questions?

As someone who has worked with Andrew for a very long time, and who has seen the excellent work ethic that he puts forth, I am more than confident that he will excel as Justice!

Best of luck to you, Andrew! Full support!

Suppose you and your fellow Court members were all ejected by the Delegate. Would you believe you needed to recuse yourself regarding a request for review of the Delegate's actions? Of charges of Gross Misconduct?

Can one enter into Conspiracy with oneself?

Is Chewbacca from the planet Kashyyyk?

Eluvatar:
Suppose you and your fellow Court members were all ejected by the Delegate. Would you believe you needed to recuse yourself regarding a request for review of the Delegate's actions? Of charges of Gross Misconduct?

Can one enter into Conspiracy with oneself?

Is Chewbacca from the planet Kashyyyk?
1) So presumably we have been illegally ejected. Well I don't think I would feel offended/be negatively impacted, but more curious at why the Delegate took this course of illegal action knowing well they broke the law and could face charges and possible recall. So personally, I don't think that I would have to recuse myself as I don't think I would have so much a conflict of interest that the Delegate wouldn't be granted a free and impartial hearing. I mean i've just been ejected, illegally, not accused of something or harassed - and it being illegal I know full well i'll be back within time. Basically, I'm saying its not something I would care so much about.

However, that is my opinion as me and me alone. Not as a Justice. As a Justice, despite personally thinking that, I would have to recuse myself for the reason it could not be very well considered a free and impartial trial as guaranteed by law, with the affected party trying and ruling on the case. Further more I think the law dictates that:

Section 3.2: Appointment of Hearing Officers:
4. A conflict of interest occurs when a Justice or Hearing Officer has a vested interest in a matter before the Court, or when they are otherwise unable to rule in a fair and unbiased manner.

5. Justices and Hearing Officers are required to recuse themselves from matters where they have a certain or potential conflict of interest.

My opinion of this is that, there would be a potential conflict of interest and the only person saying otherwise would be me, and regardless of what I say there would be no guarantees to the people that there would be no conflict of interest and therefore a free and impartial trial, with the only thing doing so is my word (or perhaps past experiences, to which I have none). So consequently, I would have to recuse myself regardless of personal opinion or possibly face Gross Misconduct charges of my own.

2) I think so.

Section 1.7. Conspiracy:
22. "Conspiracy" is defined as planning, attempting, or helping to commit any crime under this criminal code.

I'm not too sure you could get any clearer in saying that if you in anyway conspire, try or assist in committing activity so criminalised by this legislation you are guilty of Conspiracy. So say I planned to commit a crime and failed, I would still be guilty of conspiracy as I "planned and attempted" to commit said crime.

3) I have to admit I have yet to watch a single Star Wars movie from beginning to end. So I had to search up said question, to which the answer is he is.

But thank you for the questions Elu :)

Barbarossistan:
what sort of program for the court, if any, woud you seek as Justice?
Could you elaborate on your question in greater detail please? I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

Barbarossistan:
Do you have any specific plans, of any kind, you would like the court to implement in your term is elected?
Regarding reforms, changes etc? No, unfortunately. Seeing as this is would be my first time in the judiciary, I wouldn't be able to easily come in with an agenda at hand as I would first need to know the inner processes more and where improvements may be needed which I could only do as a Justice. My plan so far, as specified in the OP, would be to acquire the necessary knowledge for me to be a good member of the Court to which then, I may be able to explore the idea of possible reforms. Also, I have noticed that you have asked this questions to all the other Justice candidates. Do note that the Court cannot be proactive i.e going out and seeking cases on its own accord. To quote the Constitution:

The Constitution:
Article 5. The Court

1. The Court will try all criminal cases, resolve conflicts or ambiguities in the law, and review the constitutionality of laws or legality of government policies by request of an affected party.

The key bit is in bold above. The Court can only hear cases when requested by an affected party. When no such requests are made, the Court has no cases to hear and it would be unconstitutional, in my opinion, for the Court to pro-actively seek hearings.

You are accused of heresy on three counts -- heresy by thought, heresy by word, heresy by deed, and heresy by action- FOUR counts.

Do you confess?

Syrixia:
You are accused of heresy on three counts -- heresy by thought, heresy by word, heresy by deed, and heresy by action- FOUR counts.

Do you confess?

Best old lady voice : " I don't understand what I am accused of. " :P (Fun! the Spanish Inquisition)

JhawnathinJ:
Good Luck! :tnp:

Thank you :)

Andrew:
Syrixia:

Do you confess?
I don't understand what I am accused of. " :P
HA! THEN WE SHALL MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND!

Biggles! Poke him...with THE SOFT CUSHIONS!!!

Back