Plembobrian State Visit to Wolfsea

Wolfsea

TNPer
TNP Nation
Dakana
Discord
Seph Wolfe
Andrea sighed, it had only been a few minutes but she already missed Sebt, she turned to look to Sionne "Tell me, what is needed of me Sionne?" she asked, the AI quickly checked "The Prime Minister of Plembobria, Sydney Briggs is expected on a state visit. I would advise contacting her." Sionne prompted. Andrea nodded and asked for a channel to be opened. She knew the Plembobrians would doubtless be against the war and she would doubtless have to discuss it with Ms Briggs but hopefully they could reach some sort of détente "Prime Minister Briggs, I hope you shall still be coming on your state visit. I'm afraid the Khan is currently on the frontlines at the moment, he had wished to be here to meet with you before he needed to leave."

"I am on my way as we speak."

The Prime Minister looked out the window at the clouds below. This was a most inconvenient invitation. As a party leader, needed to work out campaign strategy. There was so much to decide. Would they privatize the Health Service? Would they modify the tax regime?

There was one relief. The Party was polling ahead of the opposition with a comfortable margin.

"Excellent, I shall have Port ascension's airstrip prepared for your arrival." Andrea smiled, making sure Serena was napping before leaving her to Lt. Mistral's care, Andrea knew her aide was practically a second mother to her baby so she knew she could leave them for a while. She put on a modest suit and made her way to the jetty, quickly ringing her father to arrange for a bottle of his "special riserva" to be sent over. Alejandro had managed to get an invitation out of her to the state banquet but Andrea knew having him near would put her at ease. In the year since Wolfsea had opened her borders to the outside she had been to busy being a mother but now she would shine and show the world the Wolvesh were not conquest-hungry barbarians. She smled as she climbed down into the boat and set off for the airport situated on the man-made island where Woflsea's military organisation was run.

"We shall be landing now, Prime Minister."

"Thank you."

Sydney Briggs stacked the papers she was looking through on her desk, clipped them together, and placed them into a drawer. They were some last minute amendments to the election code she was looking over. They were to be faxed to the palace for assent.

She stood up from her desk and sat in a seat with a belt. The plane slowly approached the airstrip. The Prime Minister watched out the window as the aircraft landed.

Briggs was never one for foreign visits. It had been just two years since she had been a simple first-term backbencher in the Crilalian Assembly. Now she was the foremost figure in national politics. Sure she was good at delivering speeches, hammering out deals with coalition partners, even the occasional wisecrack at the opposition during Question Time. But talking to foreign leaders terrified her. Especially now, as she would be conversing with a leader whose national interest was in direct opposition with hers.

The door to the plane opened. Two officers of the Royal Security Corps stepped out. Briggs emerge. She waved at the television cameras as she descended the stares. At the bottom she extended her hand in greeting to Andrea.

Andrea smiled, this was her first time greeting a visiting dignitary but she had read through Sebt's notes before he had set off for Ozar Midrashim to prepare for his duel against ceaser's champion. As she watched Sydney alight from the aircraft she looked to the TV cameras, begrudgingly impressed by the ability of the media to match the Legion's for their deployment times. As the Plembobrian Prime Minister extended her hand in greeting the Crown Princess smiled, firmly gripping Sydney's hand "Welcome to Wolfsea Prime Minister Briggs, I am Andrea Salazar, I hope you don't mind me dropping the full introduction but I've never enjoyed having to rattle off addendum." before making note of a slight look of confusion on her guests face "My husband will be joining us this evening, he's still in Ozar Midrashim preparing for his journey to the Imperium. The Wolvesh have certain traditions they like to uphold... especially where duelling is concerned." then realised that might not be the reason "I'm San Antillan, not Wolvesh, hence my accent. Shall we?" indicating the entryway into the main building.

“Good day, Ms. Salazar.” said the Prime Minister, mustering a smile. (She was taken aback a trifle at the mention of dueling) “His Majesty sends his greetings.” They continued into the building, flanked by their security detail. As she stared at the imagery on the walls she asked Andrea. “This dueling His Majesty the Khan is engaging in, his life is not, um, in danger is it?”

Andrea shook her head "I doubt it." she smiled "And that's not just confidence in my Husband's skill, the Imperium's laws mirror our own in terms of killing an opponent, once certain conditions are fulfilled the duel is over." she seemed not to be fazed by the idea "The Wolvesh are a unified people now but even 600 years ago the clans were...antagonistic..." continuing the conversation as they walked along the corridor past the fairly modern frescos depicting what appeared to be a night-time forest scene, strange luminescent plants making up th elight source in the scene, hiding in the foiliage were various nocturnal creatures but prelevance was shown to the Ravens in the branches and the wolves below them. Eventually they reached the largest panel, depicting a woman garbed in a hooded cloak, the animals seemingly at her command, although stern-looking she had an air of kindness about her and it was clear she was of some importance.

Back