Chess Tournament

Greetings, all! After speaking with several nations in The Pacifica (Pacifica), it seems there are a larger number of players interested in a chess tournament!

I'd like to create a friendly challenge between TNP and Pacifica (to start) and see how successful the games go.

Chess.com is free and a great place to host this tournament. The first step is to get a list of interested nations.

If anyone is interested, please reply in this thread so we can get an accurate head count. Thanks in advance to any interested parties!

Humbly,

A brave man indeed, thank you for your submission! I will keep you abreast of when the tournament begins or is about to begin.

I'm in. I'm not that great, used to be average, but I'm in.

What sort of time limits are we working with, blitz? Standard?

Glad to see so many contenders! The beauty of chess.com is the ability to play games with a daily move limit. I'm thinking 3 days/move should be a good fit for most players.

Once we get a final headcount, I'll create a group for TNP and everyone can join the tournament!

I wish I could, fastest way to do it is play five lightning games. It takes minutes to complete a game. Sorry for the inconvenience but I guess they want people to play five games before joining a tournament!

Sorry for the delay, all. I plan on sending a cross-regional message tonight or tomorrow defining the start time of the tournament and how to access it.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

Back