Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
Dear Members of the North Pacific Treaty Organization and the Chairwoman thereof:

Our region has, once again, been pressured to a state nearing war. To no one's surprise, this conflict centers itself in the sovereign state of Rhuvanland, which, geographically speaking, would, if continuing along its current path, could see the damaging of four separate states in the process: Esplandia, Syrixia, Guslantis, and Tajis. With the exception of Syrixia, all states are quite small in terms of area, and would take a huge toll on not only the infrastructure of the aforementioned nations, but the citizens of those states as well. It also is concerning to the Guslant Cabinet that there are many citizens of Kannexan blood in Rhuvanland, and that these are target to the vile attacks that the legitimate government are planning to undertake. Time and time again, our organization has attempted to do something meaningful, and time and time again, we have failed. My nation will use our influence to make sure this conflict is resolved with the least amount of casualities as possible, and if we can prevent the war completely, my government, my citizens, and the citizens of the states that would be affected would be highly honored. And if the Executive cannot address this issue, then I suggest new NPTO leadership is needed.

~Governor Abigail Hutchinson
Temporary NPTO Representative

The NPTO has become nothing more than a clump of nations inside a too-big-to-work failed bureaucracy that gets nothing done. If this organization is to do anything efficiently it must revert to the original idea of a small military and economic entente.

Until then, the issues in Rhuvanland simply cannot be addressed, for they almost certainly will not be acted upon.

Here the delegation from Syrixia is telling us we must ignore a problem they are ultimately responsible for. We shall not be doing that. I wholeheartedly recommend sanctions against Rhuvanland. Restriction of trade, investment, and other commerce.

We most certainly agree with the Plembobrian delegation on their recommendations but we feel that it cannot be acted on by this organization in its current state. We can make a decision, but we will not be able to carry it out unless we either reform or we eliminate democracy from the NPTO's structure of governance; the latter of the two being utterly, utterly out of the question. We must reform the NPTO if we are to act quick and act efficiently.

I still fail to see why the NPTO requires reform before we enforce economic sanctions. And the Delegation has failed to provide a compelling argument in favor of that.

plembobria:
I still fail to see why the NPTO requires reform before we enforce economic sanctions. And the Delegation has failed to provide a compelling argument in favor of that.
Because that would require, like any resolution, a vote to pass. Either we reform and maintain the voting process or we make the system inherently undemocratic. Obviously, undemocratic conduct is out of the question here, so we must pursue reform if we are to act concerning the events in Rhuvanland.

You want us to waste time reforming the North Pacific Treaty Organization, which would require a vote, instead of enforcing sanctions on the rogue state of Rhuvanland?

If we can actually get through the vote to enforce sanctions the way we are currently organized and do it in a timely, efficient manner I commend that 100%. But, somewhere along the line, reform is essential if we are to be able to work efficiently as an organization.

That said, the honorable delegates here, including myself, seem passionate about what they want to do with the Rhuvanland situation, so I move for a vote. The only reason I brought this up is the utterly true statement you made, "Time and time again, our organization has attempted to do something meaningful, and time and time again, we have failed."

But, if you really care about something and you put your mind to it it can be done, so I most sincerely hope that this time I'm proved wrong. But, in the long term, your statement and our current situation means that unless a situation is utterly dire like it is with Rhuvanland, it will be hard to get things done.

But, if you have the confidence, which you seem to have, then I feel confident myself in moving for a vote; hence I did.

Back