[Complete][SC] Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors

I offered to post this up for Asta to prepare TNP's response for the probably upcoming SC vote. Have at it, TNPers!

Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.
Category: Condemnation
Nominee: The Land of Kings and Emperors
Proposed by: Silver Shroud

Description: The Security Council,

JUDGING The Land of Kings and Emperors (The LKE) as having long avoided complete and public denunciation of its crimes against the citizens of the world,

OBJECTING to The LKE's policy of maintaining embassies with a number of dangerously hostile “invader” regions, as well as its self-applied description of being an “invader” region itself,

HORRIFIED at The LKE’s ongoing and ancient record of deploying its military in assistance of and/or with the assistance of other regions condemned by this august body, including The Black Riders, DEN, The Black Hawks, and Lone Wolves United, alongside holding a (now defunct) military treaty with The Black Riders,

DISREGARDING The LKE’s belief that its aggressive actions are merely a form of political expression as a thin sham used to hide an extensive history of strong-arming weaker regions and the nations within them to its will,

CHASTISING The LKE’s military actions over the years as contributing to both temporary and long-term damage and depopulation of regions, for reasons ranging from unwanted mail sent to LKE-allied regions to pure wanton brutality, including but not limited to:

Concosia (Once home to hundreds), Anarchy, Asia (twice), North Atlantic, Belgium, The West, Outer Heaven, Capitalist Paradise, St Abbaddon (twice), Christmas (leading to its historic Liberation by this council), Hippiedom, Dharma, Scotland (twice), The United Defenders League, Canada, Eastern Europe, Middle Earth (twice), Australia, Slavia, Slavya, Coalition of Catholic States, Soviet Union, Hogwarts (leading to the passing of a Liberation by this body), The Soviet Bloc, Region Inc, Equestria, Atheist Empire, South Pacific, The Black Riders (quashing the force of rebels cleansing the region), Liberty Alliance, Forest (deposing a leader with a term almost as old as the LKE's existence), Japan, and countless other regions whose names and stories are lost to the sands of time,
ELABORATING on its hostile activity to include ongoing, long-term wars against ancient defenders of peace and national sovereignty, The United Defenders League and The Founderless Regions Alliance,

NOTING that The LKE withdrew abruptly from negotiations to end one of the above conflicts,

ACCUSING the LKE of disrupting major chunks of the world via its involvement in hostile takeovers of the ancient and massive regions of The Rejected Realms and Osiris, the latter twice,

ADMONISHING The LKE for its involvement in a massive case of international mail fraud,

ARRIVING at the conclusion that, in more than a decade of existence, The Land of Kings and Emperors has brutally crushed the regions that many a nation and its citizens call home, both alone, aside militant radical regions, and as a part of pacts it was instrumental in forming and leading (notably The United Imperial Armed Forces), and more than deserves to finally be called to receive justice on the largest scale,

Hereby condemns The Land of Kings and Emperors.

Nay. I don't like some of this resolutions language. (e.g the use of "ACCUSING")

With some reworking, I can easily vote Aye on this.

This resolution argues a good point, but is probably just as easily refutable. Knowing this resolution's specific wording and circumstances, I see no alternative than to vote abstain.

Whilst the LKE is condemnable, this resolution ain't great.

(Also did they do Osiris twice? I'm not sure they did...)

Nierr:
(Also did they do Osiris twice? I'm not sure they did...)
The resolution is probably referring to their covert assistance against Gatesville Inc in July 2013, and then their support for the Osiris Fraternal Order in December 2013. Neither of those instances involved "taking over" Osiris or supporting hostile forces in doing so, but never let it be said that an anonymous puppet with an ax to grind can be bothered with facts.

My condemnation draft earlier this year was far superior, in that it at least stuck with things The LKE actually did. For the most part. :P

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back