[Complete][AT VOTE] Condemn Vandoosa

SillyString told me to start a thread here. Feel free to post your honest opinion below, unless you're r3n <.< (He managed to turn the table in the Europeia WA thread :tb3: )

SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION AT VOTE

Condemn Vandoosa

A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation

Nominee: Vandoosa

Proposed by: Tir-Na-Nog-Ta​

Description: The Security Council,

Acknowledging The Cacophony of Vandoosa as the founder of the Glorious Nations of Iwaku.

Noting that when it was created, Vandoosa worked tirelessly to recruit and welcome new members into the region, thus bringing it up into the top 30 largest regions of
NationStates.

Shocked however, when such a promising nation showed its true colors, and turned to destroying the regions of others, through invasion and slaughter.

Further shocked at the way the young nation readily joined prominent and infamous raiding organisations, in order to help them ruin and ravage the regions of others.

Observing Vandoosa's steep climb through the ranks of the current 2 largest and most active raider organisations - Cimmeria (now The Black Riders) and DEN, in the latter of which it is currently the second highest ranking NCO.

Realizing that the high efficiency of Cimmeria and disgustingly large numbers of tags made by this organisation , could have been avoided without the presence of Vandoosa, who has grown to be the right hand of, and second in command to Cora, the current leader of Cimmeria.

Also realizing, that Vandoosa was once a Captain in The Black Riders , condemned by SC#127. It was while working with TBR, that Vandoosa obtained the current NS point ecord of 80 delegates ousted from their rightful seat in one update. Since then, Vandoosa has helped to reinstate the organisation and has become a TBR Colonel.

Appalled that since becoming a raider Vandoosa has forcefully wrenched delegacy from the rightful rulers of in well over five hundred regions, and has helped others to do so in thousands more. Vandoosa has also participated in five major DEN operations, including the most recent one in the peaceful region of St Abbaddon. There, Vandoosa spearheaded both the major and minor update operations, leading up to the capture of the region by DEN.

Further appalled at Vandoosa's readiness to raid even regions associated with its home region of Iwaku, including the neutral region of Alternate World History, where Vandoosa remains as the current WA Delegate to this point. These actions have also resulted in the severing of any ties with Iwaku, by many disapproving regions, which has greatly influenced the region's inhabitants' ability to interact with the greater political scope of NS.

Horrified at the brutal slaughter of the region of Territory of Finland, in which Vandoosa played a key part, at the time, working with The Greater German Reich which was condemned by SC Resolution #56.

Disgusted that Vandoosa often ridicules the native residents of invaded regions region, flooding the RMB with spam and themed pictures, which reflect badly on those citizens of The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, which are unaware of their founders evildoings.

Concerned that since Vandoosa's degradation, the innocent region of Glorious Nations of Iwaku has begun to fall apart, due to the founder’s lack of attention to the region and its issues, moving down to outside the top 40 largest regions of NationStates.

Understanding the importance of educating those who may seek to join The Glorious Nations of Iwaku in the future, as to the region founder’s true colors.

Wishing that those who may later seek to join the region, will think twice before doing so, having seen the condemned founder, and not wishing to affiliate themselves with such a nation.

Hereby Condemns The Cacophony of Vandoosa.

flemingovia:
Never heard of him, so indifferent. Is he at all significant?
Depends how you look at it. Obviously not knowing him would probs be the first sign of an elitist, but then again the small regions would know him rather well I daresay. Possibly the reason theres like a solid one or two hundred tiny delegates supporting....

Um, despite TNP being the largest region in the world and the singularly largest voting bloc, a lot of our community are not actively involved in Gameplay.

Had I not been aware of Vandoosa via IRC, I'd be asking the same question. Please don't suggest that one of our members not knowing who this unknown raider is to some is a form of elitism. Gameplay is not the be all and end all of our community, Ambassador.

I think that although this would do little to adress the problems caused by the nation in question, it is a well written piece of legisltion.

I support this.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Um, despite TNP being the largest region in the world and the singularly largest voting bloc, a lot of our community are not actively involved in Gameplay.

Had I not been aware of Vandoosa via IRC, I'd be asking the same question. Please don't suggest that one of our members not knowing who this unknown raider is to some is a form of elitism. Gameplay is not the be all and end all of our community, Ambassador.
Sorry, it appears I was misunderstood. I did not mean to cause any offence, merely pointing out the fact that those who are involved with large scale regions, and are well known and self aware in the NS world or NS "elitists" as they are called, are less likely to have heard of Vandoosa than those who live their lives out in tiny regions, and are often subjected to raids.

Tir-Na-Nog-Ta:
Lord Ravenclaw:

Sorry, it appears I was misunderstood. I did not mean to cause any offence, merely pointing out the fact that those who are involved with large scale regions, and are well known and self aware in the NS world or NS "elitists" as they are called, are less likely to have heard of Vandoosa than those who live their lives out in tiny regions, and are often subjected to raids.
I think you probably mean "elites", not "elitists". Hence the confusion :) .

EDIT:
SillyString told me to start a thread here. Feel free to post your honest opinion below, unless you're r3n <.< (He managed to turn the table in the Europeia WA thread :tb3: )
I just saw this. Sorry, I have strong opinions when it comes to recruitment spam.

It's a good draft, and I'm sure you'll find more worthy targets for commendation or condemnation in the future.

Elitist is another word for snob. If you went to Harvard, wear only the finest silk suits, and hang around only with other Ivy League graduates, then you're an elitist. A fairly recent addition to the English language, the noun elitist, came about from a mix of elite + ist in 1950.

Ouch. Sorry flemingova. I should've probably checked the dictionary first :P

Yes I mean elites, thank you r3n (that words keeps slipping my mind).

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back