Tourists Imprisoned in Narnia!

300px-US_Navy_100304-N-6006S-046_The_Ticonderoga-class_guided-missile_cruiser_USS_Bunker_Hill_%28CG_52%29_transits_in_the_Atlantic_Ocean.jpg
Sandokan's Ticonderoga Class Cruiser

A privateer confirmed to be under contract from the Narnian government intercepted a cruise ship carrying passengers from several powerful North Pacific nations. The privateers, led by Captain Sandokan boarded the ship and stole an estimated $5 million in goods and kidnapped twelve tourists under orders from a "high ranking government official" according to an informant. While Narnian ships have been accused of piracy in the past they have mainly targeted small cargo ships which strayed close to the Narnian border. The twelve civilians are held on charges of "Spying, spreading anti-government lies and deviancy" according to the Narnian state press. The kidnapping of civilians in international waters has caused controversy within Narnia and beyond with even the pirate responsible for their capture expressing his regret in a recent interview.

220px-MSMajestyOfTheSeasEdit1.JPG

The ship was left intact apart from some missing electronics

"Kidnapping was not in the contract I made with the Navy. We boarded the ship without conflict and were about to leave with a few million in hard currency and goods when I was ordered by a high ranking government official to take the twelve passengers. I was told they were anted criminals guilty of crimes against the people. Only later did I learn that none of them had ever set foot in Narnia. I respect Supreme Leader Harper and our benevolent government but arbitrary kidnappings like this are not what I signed up for."
-Captain Sandokan

phaHdoPsaB_w320.jpg

The pirate and his crew before being interviewed

A source in the Narnian military claimed that the Navy had long been planning to take the fight to "sinners and sodomites" at sea using privateers for a long time, however it is still unknown what consequences the recent aggression might have on diplomacy and trade. Some fear that the attacks could encourage further assaults on Narnian merchant ships. Several of the prisoners were well-respected citizens from large North Pacific nations that still found themselves targets of the Narnian police state. It seems that the ability of the Empire of Narnia to target those they deem enemies of the state is increasingly expanding.

CTiy8VeUkAAmUc4.jpg
The Narnian State maintains a powerful Navy with plans to further expand their naval force.

Back